Please Help

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by BigBeansMcGee, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

Hey mates, I could use some help. I recently upgraded to Comcast Xfinity X1 cable and internet. I configured my PS4 as well as my Xbox360 (I picked up a used one) for internet play. I have all the correct ports open and the firewall configured correctly for peer to peer play, however, when I play online I experience a good amount of lag. This lag only occurs when playing the PS4. My xbox is connected wirelessly and the PS4 can either be wireless or hardwired in. I have tried both wired and wireless and still lag.

I would like to try and get this sorted out before FIFA 15, any ideas would be greatly appreciated .

2. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

Last couple of days some people have been having issues with EA servers. That might be it. Try resetting your router tho.

3. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

Ok will do, thanks mate.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Run a speedtest for me (http://speedtest.net) and post the results.

5. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

Download Speed: 118.53 Mbps
    Upload Speed: 12.18 Mbps
    Ping: 25ms

6. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

Also, I have my PS4 hardwired into my modem with an ethernet cord, I was reading that using an ethernet cord rather than wireless is always better for gaming. I just want to get this sorted out before FIFA 15 starts. Thanks for the help mates.

7. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

Wow and I thought my 95 avg down was fast lol

8. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

Yeah wired is faster but key thing is wifi performance also is affected by the environment like other wireless devices using the same band, walls and other obstructions etc

9. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

I was also thinking too that because I play with Coventry City and they are such a poorly rated side, that when I search for a match I get paired up with an opponent who is not close to my location and that causes the lag. Could it possibly be the other players that I play against? I played BESHIKTAS and guayo10 and there was no lag against them, then I again I was on the old Comcast equipment.

Anyways, I will just wait and see how it pans out, perhaps I will try playing with better rated teams and that will help allow me to find players closer to my location to minimize lag. Again, thanks for the help mates.

10. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    There is definitely a factor in the other person's internet connection. May not be their location, but they could have a garbage internet connection and that may cause you to experience some of it. Typically if they're lagging, you'll experience lag as well even if your connection is fine just so the game stays at the same place for both of you.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.