Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by HotRod, Apr 20, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers

Yesterday afternoon my grandmother died. She lived a very full life just over 90 years but this one is pretty tough as she is my last living grandparent and the only one I really got to know in my 26 years of life.

A little background: My family is Haitian, both of my parents were born there. My grandmother gave birth to 11 children, 10 of which are still living. She came to the US with very little but worked for the bare minimum and was able to bring all her children to the US. She was probably the most kind, loving, sweetest person I knew. The last time I saw her was a great moment, I had gone to NY for a trip to see some friends and went to surprise her at my uncle's house. The look on her face was priceless and she wouldn't stop hugging me.

A couple years ago she started having problems with her kidneys and had been undergoing dialysis regularly. She had been doing ok during that time. On Easter Sunday she had to be hospitalized for pneumonia. It ended up being too much for her body to handle and she passed late in the afternoon yesterday. I'm glad she's not suffering anymore but I am going to miss her a lot.

It sounds like the funeral will be a week from Saturday so be prepared for a brief absence from me during that time. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers, thanks.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

sorry for you loss.....

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Sounds like a wonderful lady and raising that many children is wow! Saw you lil AIM lifestream or what they call it and started to think about it man.
    In my prayers

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

sorry to hear that man...great woman

5. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Just said a little prayer for her man. I'm sorry for your loss.

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Made me think of my own grandparents who both came from very humble beginnings. My mother's side immigrated to the US from Costa Rica in the 70's and my father's side are from Backwoods SC. Both defied the odds to raise very successful families. Just thank God that she was able to enjoy so many years and is now in a better place. Sorry for your loss man.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah grandmothers are the best. Coming from me which I lost both of mines within a 6 month time span, I can feel your pain and sorrow.

I just ask you celebrate her life as the wonderful woman she was to you HR and your family. Take ya time cuz we will be here. My prayers are with you.

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

Celebrate her life at the funeral...sorry for your loss.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Will do man... All the best to your family Hotrod.

I was one of three people in the room when my grandmother actually stopped breathing. Well... gasping would be more like it as she died of mesothelioma.. All I know is that was the worst day of my life.

I feel for you right now in other words.

10. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Hang in there Hotrod sorry for your loss...... My grandmother is also on the precipice and seems like this could be her last year. My grandmother was actually 1 of 19 kids.

When my Great-Grandmother died she had a total of 85 Granchildren and over 150 great grandchildren. Being from a large family can be expensive at Christmas, but during the rest of the year nothing beats it!

I have alot of admiration for the Hatian people and hope that the earthquake recovery continues unabated. Our prayers are with you.....

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    My grandma raised me, and when she passes I know I will be heartbroken.

I'm praying for you HR.

12. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

My prayers are with you and your Family Hotrod.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Will do buddy..

14. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

my prayers are with you and your family