Please Post Your Restricted Free Agents Here

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Remember, to see the guys in question go on XFN, go to the front office then click sign/release. The guys in RED are the guys who will be dropped. Make sure you are checking offense/defense/special teams.

2. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I'm resigning -

1. HB Legarrette Blount
    2. FB Ernest Graham
    3. C Jeremy Zuhtah
    4. RT James Lee
    5. QB Josh Johnson
    6. TE Zack Pianalto
    7. FS Tanard Jackson
    8. ROLB Geno Hayes
    9. SS Sean Jones
    10. MLB Zac Diles
    11. LE Michael Bennett

3. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

49ers Restricted FA's to be re-signed:

RG Chilo Rachel
    WR Josh Morgan
    WR Ted Ginn Jr.
    LOLB Ahmad Brooks
    LE Ray McDonald
    FS Dashon Goldson
    FB Moran Norris
    CB Carlos Rogers
    C Adam Snyder
    DT Clifton Ryan
    SS Reggie Smith

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

keeping:
    Darren Evans
    Martin Rucker
    Kevin Ogletree
    Jeremy Parnell
    Abram Elam
    Aubrayo Franklin
    Bryan MCcann
    Alan Ball
    Matt Mcbriar

Not Keeping
    Dan Bailey
    Bradie James
    Keith Brooking
    Gerald Sensabaugh
    Clifton Geathers
    Alex Albright

Want to cut:
    Kenyon Coleman

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lions Resigning:
    1. LE Cliff Avril
    2. ROLB Stephen Tulloch
    3. MLB Deandre Levy
    4. DT Sammie Hill
    5. LT Jeff Backus
    6. RG Jake Scott
    7. RT Corey Hilliard

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Resigning:
    HB Arian Foster
    C Chris Myers
    RG Mike Brisiel
    HB Steve Slaton
    OLB Mario Williams
    DE Tim Bulman

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Keller

will have mine up in the morning

8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Titans resigning:

CB Cortland Finnegan
    FS Michael Griffen
    DE Jason Jones
    FB Ahmad Hall
    SS Jordan Babineaux
    MLB Barrett Ruud

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya you cant, since the file was advanced past the SB. We just have to write down who we want to keep here and then we have first rights in RFA

• Like Like x 1
  10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Panthers resign:

FB Jerome Felton
    RG Geoff Shwartz
    RG Mackenzy Bernadeu
    DT Pat Sims

11. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Falcons Restricted Free Agents that I am signing.

Defense:

John Abraham
    Curtis Lofton
    Brett Grimes
    Kelvin Hayden
    Thomas Decoud
    Kroy Biermann
    Darrin Walls

Offense:

Ovie Mughelli
    Tony Gonzalez
    Todd McClure
    Jason Snelling
    Harry Douglas
    Eric Weems

Keller NOTE** This is an edited post** of who I am signing.

12. Keller

Just post the guys you are re-signing

13. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I have huge cap issues with a lot of players to be resigned. Depending on who I land in the draft will determine which guys I will be able to sign.

But if I dont tell you which guys I am specifically signing they become free agents?

14. Keller

We are doing RFA before the draft - based on XFN that is kinda the way it works out.

15. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

It just stinks that we are all on the pretense of something else all year and prepare that way since the beginning of the first season, and now we have to flip it?

Some of us would have prepared differently and tried to get different players last offseason if we knew that this draft would not be any indication of how our roster would shape up.

I cant afford all my players as it is. If I land a certain player, it makes the others expendable. Now its a crap shoot

16. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Keller

I have so many questions based on the new XFN system.

How do we know what their contract demands are?
    Are we adjusting the salary cap at all ?

How do all the other owners that have stake claimed that they are signing all these players knwo what exactly their salary cap status is based on the new system?

How much are the drafted players going to demand?

What happens if an owner overshoots his salary with his proposed signings and bonuses. Is he forced to cut players to get under salary and take a cap hit on the bonus?

I guess I am trying to figure all this out.

Does all this all have to be decided prior to a proposed draft tonight?

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I am pretty sure that even in the old system we had to choose to re sign guys with expiring contracts before the draft anyway...

18. Keller

I understand your frustrations - I'm doing the best I can. MLM is hardly functional - we had to move away from it. It has shaken things up a bit but in the long term I think its the right move.

As for how this all works out as far as planning your team - just sign the players you have to have. Go into the draft with targets and shore up what you can. Once free agency hits, you can try to resign your players you lost or go after similar players - it shouldn't really be that large of an issue. At least not as far as I can tell.

For you questions.

RFA's have specific contract demands as far as I can tell - you can either pay them, or release them.

The salary cap will likely inflate slightly, as we discussed many month ago. With all the moving pieces going on before the draft, this is just one of those things that is going to have to wait a little bit. If you want to go back and lookup what we decided on, please do. That is what I will reference when making a decision.

As I said, when re-signing a guy, you either will pay him what he wants or you will release him. Things haven't really changed that much in regard to contracts. There are still salaries and bonus' and if you cut a player who has a bonus that bonus will be accelerated to you cap in the current year. The good news with contracts is they are very realistic. For example I saw Steve Johnson's contract demands and they start at about 6mil and over the course of a 5 year contract it works up to his final year where he is making 9 or 10 million - pretty realistic IMO.

Drafted players are a bit of a wildcard right now but considering how realistic things are currently, I expect the drafted players to be the same. Look at what last year's NFL draftee's are making - inflate that ever so slightly, maybe not even at all - expect our players to make about the same.

If an owner overshoots, obviously they will be forced to get under the salary cap. Most teams have players that do not have big bonus' and can thus be cut and gain significant cap relief.

We're still shooting for a draft tonight.

19. Keller

Buffalo is resigning

WR Steve Johnson
    LT Demetrius Bell

20. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Keller
    My frustrations lie more than others, I believe, because of my situation. I have a ridiculous amount of players to sign without the cap to do so. Many of which are starters. With that being said, I have to make some tough decisions based upon the ablity to replace my team. Having a draft would have helped my cause thus my frustration.

After looking at XFN a bit more in detail, I think the system is much better for re-signing players than the MLM and definitely was the right move for league to switch to.

Ill do my best to figure out which players are definite signings and re-post. Is there a deadline for such or just needs to before the draft. I work all day and only got from between work and the draft to get this done. So I wouldnt expect a list from me until after 630- 7ish Pm EST.

I hope that it ok.

21. Keller

Tentatively we are drafting around 9pm EST. That means your RFA's need to be in before that.

22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Did you not just go to the superbowl?? Your "rebuilding" is no where near most of us is, just like the sympathy we will feel for the NFC champions lol

23. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I am more about retaining than rebuilding at this point. I don't have intentions of adding anything to the puzzle. I do not have the situation to do so. Everyone will get better this offseason by theory. I am hoping just to stay the same with maybe a rookie instead of a veteran I can not afford.

24. Keller

Thats a good point but you also have to consider what it must feel like to see your team literally imploding in front of your eyes due to things you cannot control. I'm not saying that, thats not what real salary cap pressure feels like but I know for me, part of the fun of playing in this league is building a good team. If I can't build my team because of salary cap limitations, that would be pretty frustrating.

25. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Haha, I would just feel fortunate the game, XFN, or the league doesnt make you give Cleveland all those draft picks for Jones ;)

• Like Like x 2