Please Read: Disconnects

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by DatNDaz, Sep 3, 2009.

1. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Please Read: Disconnects

Not sure how they figured this one out but I hope they're right. Let's make sure we follow this recommendation and see what happens:

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?p=57477#post57477

In a nutshell, don't go into practice mode in the OD before starting a game. If you must practice, make sure to back all the way out of the dynasty (I would probably just go ahead and restart the 360 to be safe).

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I didn't read that thread, but do many people really hit practice mode in the OD ever let alone right before an OD game. I can't imagine it's that many people and certainly not enough to cause what seems to be a really wide spread problem.

3. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, that seems kind of odd...I mean, I don't doubt it could cause issues, but I seriously doubt it's the cause of this whole outbreak we've had.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I also doubt it has been the cause of the outbreak, but if I am waiting on my opponent I will often go into practice mode within the OD. I won't be doing so any longer.

5. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I do the same thing as Basis. I think it's more common than you'd expect. JMill and I had no disconnect issues last night, so I guess we're 1 for 1 in the E-League.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Did you practice before our game? I didn't. We didn't get a DC, but I remember we had 3 "please wait" messages.

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I probably did. I don't remember if I did before my game vs Army or not, but we had a DC there.

If I haven't played the game in a few days and I'm in the OD a little early, I like to run a few plays before a user game just to get "tuned up" a little. I'm guessing there are several guys who do this.

JMill and I got the message just before our game last night so I avoided practice. I probably would have used it last night if I hadn't known because I was done recruiting before JMill popped in. We didn't have any lag or "please wait" messages.

8. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Just had one tonight in the West. Lost connection while I was playing Cnic. I was Texas A&M, he was Texas. I was up by as many as 10 until the late Fourth when he ran back his 2nd TD of the game to get back within 3 with 4 minutes left. He had yet to stop me except an INT. Then, bang.....Lost connection. Neither of us practiced so I dont know where it came from. I could not log back onto XBXO live either after it happend

9. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

That sounds like it might have been and XBL issue if you couldn't reconnect. With the practice mode issue, I don't think people are even getting disconnected from XBL.