Please read - important - Our status for 2011 with TF

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, May 10, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Please read - important - Our status for 2011 with TF

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235

Ok so heres the deal we need to discuss.

TF has moved over to a new system where there will be premier and non premier leagues. Frisk could probably do a much much better job of explaining what this means but I'll do my best.

Basically premier leagues pay to be here, but they also get additional things for doing so. The fee is $12 a year or $50 for a lifetime.

A premier league must have all of its owners be paying members. TF has approached me asking if we would be their premier Madden PS3 league. For us to do so would mean all of us paying and getting all of the owners to pay.

Benefits for being a premier league are:
    Premier Leagues is tier system we moved to during the end of NCAA '09 to try and distinguish leagues that met all the criteria and expectations we had for a 110% sim and reputable league. This year we formed three premier leagues which had blog access (www.traditionfootball.com) in which people could update their team pages with news, articles and blogs. Next year, we are building on that concept. Premier leagues will be supported in a completely new way than our leagues are now.

Below are the outlined details of what benefits a premier league would have over a regular league here on this site:

1. Your league will be included on the front page of the new website.
    - Meaning on www.traditionfootball.com for NCAA. People will be able to see any posts or blogs your members upload to the page. News from all the different leagues will cycle through the front page much like you see now.

2. You (or anyone you deem responsible for your league) will have access to post league news updates directly to the homepage.
    - Same thing as above except that the league commissioner can control who can post main articles to the league page. This is opposed to someone just posting articles/blogs to their individual team pages.

3. You will have access to premier level members for recruiting purposes.
    - This means you can post openings in your league to members who are of premier status. So as a commissioner you won't have to pick through the newbies that register with the site to fill your spot if you don't want. You can choose from veteran and quality members.

4. You will get league wide custom sigs.
    - The sigs that you see in the current premier league member's signatures were the iterations for the '10 leagues. Next year's leagues will receive something similar. These will likely be designed by Ryno and generated by Hack and Drifter again.

5. Your league will be able to participate in the Tradition Football Rankings system. (IMO the biggest reason to do it.)
    - We have spent a ton of money and resources on developing a ranking system. More information is coming soon on this feature. Basically you will be able to record the results of your league games and ladder matches and the system will generate a site-wide leaderboard. It's going to be really neat.

6. Access to chatbox starting 6/10/2010
    - A chatbox is something people have been wanting for a long time. Now that we are going to have a responsible user base, it's not going to be that big of a deal to moderate it, which was the only reason we were hesitant to institute such a feature. If you haven't seen one before, it's basically a site-wide instant messaging box where anyone who is logged into the site can all chat at once. It's essentially a chat room at the top of the page.

Honestly, nothing there super excites me. Sounds cool and all but I am not a ultimate gamer and dont have time for anything other than what I get on to play now. I am not interested in tourneys, rankings couldn't interest me any, and a chat box is something i'd rarely use since we all have AIM.

Basically I'd love to be their premier league and I'd love to help make TF better at what it already is, a great community of sim online gamers. Here are my worries, MONEY! I've done some things in the past where members were offered the chance to put in and help pay for forums, website up keep, ect, but I've never forced owners to do so. My issues are what do we do when it comes to booting people? It's much easier to boot someone who isn't paying, you involve money and things get hairy. What do we do to fill the league. A premier league must be full of pay owners, We have a hard enough time now to get owners in here how in the world will we do it if they have to pay to just get here. If I were a new cat looking for a online league, theres no way I am going to pay to just try out the league and see if it's worth it.

I donno guys. I like the exposure it gives us, I like that we would be helping keep TF running here (it cost someone something to give us these forums and website), but I have some major concerns that would need to be answered first, and I am not sure those can be answered.

Thoughts?

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

A wide variety of NCAA leagues are going premier for the next release but it is much easier to manage due to a 12 man max per league. A Madden league will be very difficult because all 32 owners will have to be a premier member.

Now this is a great thing. To be become a premier member you must have proven yourself as a sim, dedicated, and respectful gamer in the TF community. As a member applies for a premier membership there is an application process where the site admins discuss past and present activity of the applicant. So in theory every premier member is a proven legitimate gamer. This would mean that OMFL would be a place full of these premier members and result in no issues and/or gameplay problems. Now this may be appealing it can also limit us as a league.

With only premier members allowed in OMFL it may be difficult to recruit new members as they need to be premier members.

Promoting OMFL to a premier status can be a great thing but I don't know if we are there yet. Don't get me wrong OMFL is a great league but the PS3 Madden base on TF is still not as strong, especially with MEGA (an independent league).

3. natedawg212000

Ya I am agree with everything Frisk said.

Here's my convo with Drifter just now:

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ok, here are my thoughts on this.

First, I think the concept is great for us. We were already in the initial stages here of talking about building ourselves a website and expanding for Madden 11. This would take that workload off of us and make it much easier. Also, I think the quality of the guys who are premier should be much better AND since they are paying they are a LOT less likely to bail on us.

Now with those positives come a couple of potential negatives. . .the transition from our current non-premier league to a premier league could be rough, especially with probably a good portion of our current owners dropping out because of this. And hand in hand with that goes recruiting. How easy/hard will it be for us to recruit premier members to our league, and also how do we compete with MEGA or the other non-pay PS3 league on here for new members.

With my marketing background, we deal with these issues as it relates to viewership/listenership bases constantly, as well as many of the same issues with advertisers. I would have a couple of potential solutions that we could request of TF for us to do this....I think with these guarantees we would be fairly safe in making the jump.

Obviously we like the concept of going premier, but there are a few things that worry us. The encompassing worry is tht while your NCAA premier leagues may have worked, they only require 12 owners. Our Madden league requires 32 owners to run a full ship. That is a HUGE difference. I'd be much more confortable doing this if we were able to negotiate a couple things, and/or get a couple of assurances.

1) We are allowed to fill our league with non paying members until a premier member wishes to join. In other words, lets say with our transition 20 of our 32 current owners agree to pay. That would leave 12 openings immediately. Instead of having to boot these non-paying guys we allow them to continue to play, however once a paying member wishes to join our league we would give him priority to fill one of the spots of the non-paying members. We would have a random drawing or some other 'fair' process to determine which owner would then get the boot (or ask them to sign up to aviod being booted). This would allow u to make the transition more easily, and then allow our current members to 'test out' the premeir leauge if they are skeptical before paying.

OR WE COULD.

1B. Give us a trial year as premier league. Again since madden requires 32 owners to fill, we are a little skeptical of being able to maintain a full league of paying members. Ask TF if they would allow us for the first year to be able to not force members to pay, but ask them to. In other words, we make the announcement that we are going premier and explain this to all of our owners. We ask them to sign up for a membership, however we don't require it THE FIRST YEAR ONLY. They are allowed to stay on without paying during this fist year. Next year, we would be required to get all of our members paying to stay premier. Again this would allow us to make the transition more smoothly, and knownin most of our owners I'd say a majority would end up signing up anyways during his first year.

OR WE COULD...

1C. Ask TF to simply require us to pay a certain amount as a league to go premier. In other words, instead of requiring all 32 owners to pay....they just require our league to pay $250 total (or whatever figure they come up with). Then we can go out and ask for donations to go premier. Again, this solves our issue of requiring 32 owners to pay, and still gives TF a healthy amount of money to operate.

ALSO....

2) We could ask TF to give us exclusive rights as their 'Official PS3 Madden League'. If we are going to have all 32 owners paying, we would need some guarantees in return. Some things as a marketing guy that I would ask for if we are making this huge committment are
    a) Give us exclusive recruiting rights on the TF boards for Madden Leagues. In other words, MEGA or any other PS3 league would not be allowed to contact TF members to recruit. We would get first rights to them, and would likely make our job of recruiting a lot easier.
    b) Make the non-premier Madden Leagues 'hidden' from general view. I know the mods have the ability to make each forum private.....so all of the non-premier PS3 Leagues would be private and new members looking for leagues would only see us. Again this would drastically help with our recruiting, and the non-premier leagues could still recruit on operation sports or wherever outside of TF.
    c) Require TF to do some weeky marketing of our league on other websites such as operation sports. In other words, if we go premier they guarantee us that OMFL will be specifically recruited for by their staff on a weekly basis on site X, Y, and Z.

All of these things are pretty normal in a contracted agreement. Let's be honest if we are throwing $400+ bucks at them a year (which is what the number would be if we hav 32 owners) we deserve some guarantees besides website space. I love TF, and their staff does a marvelous job. However we can create our own website and run it ourselves for a one time fee of about $200 with a software and domain purchase (plus a $30 of so annually). If we are going to pay WAY more than that per year to them then we need some assurances. Honestly I'd like to not have the workload of maintaining a website, and I'd be happy for us to pay TF extra for them to do this. However, if they aren't willing to work with us on some of the ideas I have, then perhaps we just go our own route with the website.

What do you guys think?

5. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I would have no problem paying 12 dollars a year.

That being said I'm sure there are owners we have had for a while now disagree and say they do not want to pay. Also 12 teams in NCAA to 32 in madden is huge and is THE issue. How hard is it to manage 12 teams with guys that have probably played together for years?

I don't think we are there yet. I would not want to pay or have 50% of the league pay, then find 50% new owners which who knows how they play.

We should get a list or something started to see who would pay maybe to get a look at things now.

And who cares if MEGA is the premier league, I think we have better sim owners and quality of players here. If we can still manage to recruit ourselves and do our jobs we don't need to be premier. Especially with the fact that people won't get tired of Madden 11 until mid 2011.

6. natedawg212000

Those are all very good points dunlap and mustang. I've asked drifter or ryno to go ahead and come read this thread and give their comments and remarks. This way we can figure this out faster than playing IM tag.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Hello to all. I know Frisk and Nate are somewhat familiar with me. For those who aren't, I'm the commissioner of the Deuce, an Admin and part owner of TF. Nate asked me to pop in here and help you guys discuss some things.

You guys have brought up some very intersted points and ones that I hope would be discussed. Ryno, I and some other members of management discussed our plans for the launch of the '11 gaming lineup. We were unanimous on carrying over the premier concept for the NCAA leagues, but were a bit more mixed when Madden was discussed. We decided at the time to not provide premier level membership for Madden. After further discussion, reviewing the history of OMFL and monitoring your progress on the site, I decided to do a little surveying of my own. I hope that you guys do not view this as deceitful, as it was definitely not my intention. I wanted to seriously gauge your interest in a premier setup so that we could help model the system for the Madden division.

So I guess I will attempt to start at the top:

This is partially true. Premier members are techincally anyone who is willing to pay the membership dues to become premier. To familiarize yourselves with the benifits of becoming a premier member of the site, you can read about it HERE.

However, only proven members will be ALLOWED in premier leagues. I expect every league to operate the way I operate The Deuce. I won't let anyone in who doesn't show competency, maturity, knowledge of the game and respect. It's one of the reasons I appreciate what the OMFL does so much. You guys go beyond the regular approval process for the site and screen even further. I love it.

@SDunlap

You bring up a lot of good ideas. I told Nate that we would be willing to work with you guys as we help form a premier tier league structure for the Madden leagues. I don't think you guys will have a problem competing with MEGA. This league offers a lot of things that MEGA does not, including a mature and sim user base.

1) You make some good points with being able to stay full with 32 paying members. As I've told Nate, this is the first year we have supported Madden and it was basically a trial run for us. Hopefully improvements to the online franchise mode will make both our lives a lot easier.

The first year trial period is the most obvious solution to this and was what we had agreed upon in our management meeting. This allows us to structure everything on the website and forums, build a website for OMFL and design a content management system. This will also allow us to work with you guys for another year and develop a stronger partnership.

2) I don't know how well this would go over. MAGS (the owner of MEGA) is a long-time friend of RynoAid. I could not see us sweeping them under the rug and giving you guys domain over everything here, despite the reputation and performance of your league.

a) This is something that is entirely up to you guys. As the Madden boom for '11 hits, there will be hundreds of applicants on the site looking for leagues. MEGA has been pretty up-front with only recruiting older, more proven members. That's just there style. It's safe, but they are going to miss out on a lot of quality guys (like Frisk who just joined in the past year). I think the draw for anyone to apply here for a spot in a PS3 Madden league would be from the publicity of the OMFL. It will be the most active and the largest content producer for Madden on the site (although a resurgent TMFL could compete). In addition, you guys would sort of become the liaison to the outside world

b) This would be extremely difficult to do. It requires exponentially increasing our already elaborate user group permission structure, in addition to changing our new member application approval procedures. Also, Madden leagues don't just pop up over night. As you can see, the only currently successful leagues we have are existing leagues that we brought to the site. I think you guys are selling yourself short on the recruiting power the OMFL could have. I guarantee there aren't too many Madden leagues out there that are up to par with the quality of the OMFL. With that being said, I believe you guys can turn it up to a whole other level. Which I guess this is a reason we are having this conversation. :)

C) This is something that we could work through. TF has formed a content partnership with operationsports.com. Basically, what this means for you guys is that your generated content that is posted on the site could find it's way onto OperationSports. This is an obvious win/win partnership for the site and you guys as we both get some good publicity. However, this is still in the works though. You might have seen a few articles from the site over there already, but the relationship is still growing. Operationsports considers us a primary source for online league content.

WHEW! I hope I got to everything. I'm starting to lose track at this point. If you guys have anymore direct questions or concerns then throw them out there and I'll do my best to answer. Hopefully we can work together to build a strong partnership that is mutual.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Thanks Drifter. That cleared a lot of things up for me.

OMFL guys, if TF is willing to do a 'trial year' with us using one of the ideas I posted above then I think we should work something out and give this a shot. From Drifters post, sounds like they would be willing to listen to any of the three ideas I posted above.

I'm strongly leaning towards voting to do this.

9. natedawg212000

I like the idea of paying what a ncaa league pays, but i am very nervous about all of this. lets keep discussing.

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Also I want to add that I am going to lobby to have Nate added to the management team here. It will allow you guys to have a voice in the management team as well as give us another cognitive thinker to bounce ideas off of.

Sort of an unrelated issue, but thought I would throw that out there while we were discussing the future of the OMFL.

11. natedawg212000

Which of dunlaps ideas are feasible as to be allowed? I like the idea of playing a flat rate (same as what 12 owners pay for their league total) and just paying that as a league instead of owner by owner basis?

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    That is something that we would have to think about. Because their are individual perks of being a premier member (outlined in the link I posted above).

There would be no way for us to track and give the premier permissions to those who don't individually subscribe.

Hopefully that makes sense.

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

We understand. I think what Nate is saying is we could get many guys to donate (but not all) to get us to a set figure for our league as a whole. Then we could give you the list of guys who donated and only they would become premier members during this trial run. Our league as a whole, however would be premier.

14. natedawg212000

Ya, would there be a way to allow the individuals to not be premier but the league as a whole would be? I just hope we can figure out a middle ground that works for everyone just because 32 owners is a totally new ball game vs 12.

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I wouldn't have an issue with a 'grace period' if some of your guys are struggling to come up with $12. But if they don't want to pay for the simple fact of not wanting to pay... well, that will be difficult to work around. Were talking $1 a month here... :rolleyes:

We have a sponsorship thread too, which would allow guys to post a request to get sponsored by another member for the year. I know there's a ton of guys who would step up and sponser good, active members if they truely can't afford the yearly fee. TF will even have a certain number of sponsorships set aside every year to help out in that area.

the problem with this scenario is we have to setup all the infrastructure for a premier league without any guarentee of ever realizing the fruits of that labor. There is no guarentee to TF that the OMFL would ever fully commit to the Premier level.

Premier status is based on the member, not the league. There are individual benefits to being a premier member outside of league status.

-PM box increase
    -Access to chatbox
    -Access to Premier level forum
    -Profile Awards
    -Access to Rankings system
    -Custom Sigs

So in that scenario, it would be hard to distribute a general 'League' fee in a manner that would provide all the benefits of premier membership to the individuals.

Growing like we are... i would hesitate to limit TF's PS3 Madden scope to ONE official league. That would really hamper us from growing that area of our community. And what if MEGA decides to go Premier also.. or another established league wants to move over here under the Premier umbrella? They have every right to the same benefits that the OMFL has, no?

We have some partnerships with OS and NCAA Strategies (as well as EA Sports) that will be utilize to market our premier leagues... and the OMFL would be a prime candidate for that type of publicity. Guarentees are hard to make on this front, because in the end, we are still at the mercy of other websites to publish the content in a timely manner.

You would get prime front page space and pub on the TF site though, and we get about 1200 hits a day from 400 unique visitors.... and i expect that to double in June.

I will tell you this, nobody has the type of access to post/advertise their leagues on OS as TF does.

Let me tell you about the costs... To get setup in the same manner that TF is right now... you would be looking at start up costs approaching $500. That does not include monthy web hosting expenses or any custom development on your site... im strictly talking licensing and setup fees.

Right now, you are on a dedicated server... that type of setup will run you $50 a month MINIMUM and you will need some expertise to manage the server and install/upgrade your software etc. Luckily we have ShaunLMason on our staff and that's mitigated some of that cost for us, but he still has to get paid for that work.

Sure you can get a shared hosting account at GoDaddy for $15 a month... but you will run into the same type of performance issues that plagued us until we just bit the bullet and got our own server. And if you want to upgrade at a later time, well they will charge your $75 per half hour it takes to move your content to a dedicated server.. (they quoted me around 6 hours to move TF to dedicated) So unless you have a technical resource that can manage this stuff for you, it gets expensive... quick.

The OMFL is definitely one of our most valuable assets at TF... no doubt about it. I think Nate is an awesome guy and i have followed the OMFL for YEARS on Madden PC... there were really 3 leagues that kind of shared alot of owners back in the day... OMFL, MEGA and AMFL. I have a ton of respect for anyone that has been doing this as long as i have and your leadership team falls into that catagory.

TF's growth this year has blown away any expectation I had when i started this site... to me that speaks to a niche in the marketplace that we fill that previously did not exist. We have laid alot of groundwork with the major players in this industry and have carved out a reputation as THE place to play if you an older, sim style football player.

If the OMFL was to go out on your own, i have no doubt you would be successful in maintaining a 32 madden league for many seasons... but you would lose some of that traffic that helps keep your league filled with top flight owners who are looking for something beyond the normal Franchise setup. Out of curiosity, have you had to do much recruiting outside of posting your openings at TF?

TF is as much about community as it is leagues.... and to me that is one of the biggest selling points here. You won't find another community of football gamers like what we have built here, it just doesn't exist. The membership base is a awesome tool in holding people accountable for their gameplay and decorum inside of our leagues. Nobody wants to be on the outside looking in after getting a taste of how freakin cool being in a leagues like we have here. Every coach we have ever banned has basically begged and pleaded with us to give them another shot... because they know they won't find anything out there as fulfilling.

Again, i want to emphasize how much the OMFL contributes to that community... you guys have been a model for how to run a Madden Franchise and we would love to have you as one of our flagship leagues here for a long time to come. I'm not opposed to finding some common ground here, but i still need to maintain some level of integrity of our premier level memberships to be fair to hundreds of other members who don't play in the OMFL.

16. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Premier membership is new for all platforms in '11... so it's 'a totally new ball game' regardless of Madden or NCAA. To me, it's not really that different. Maybe im not understanding the issues you think distinguish themselves from running NCAA Dynasties..

17. natedawg212000

Ok looks like I have all the info I need, I guess we need to go ou on our own, r we can stay here as we are. I dont think it's feasable to go premier, I just don't see it working for a madden league. If we stay we basically are on our own, which is fine with me. Let's just vote as a team. My vote is to not go premier, jut not worth losing owners over and I just don't see being able to fill a league with premier ownrs and a full league is more important than anything else IMO

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I totally understand and respect your decision. Hopefully when you see how the premier leagues function and the benefits they have over current status quo, you might change your perspective.

As Drifter stated, your current setup will not change at all if you decide not to upgrade... so i would hope you would stay at TF. I think we've been accomodating to the OMFL this year and hope to continue the partnership on some level.

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

and i want to re-itterate this part of my post... there is the possibility to find some compromise, but eventually we will need all of our premier leagues to fully 'buy in' to what we are doing here.

The flat fee might be a way to test the water for 1 year.. but any member that leaves your league would no longer be premier unless you have designated them as one of your contributing members. This would be a permissions headache, but something i would be willing to put up with in the short term as we get a feel for how this will work.

Hopefully you will think about it some more, ask more questions and discuss options before you make a decision.

20. natedawg212000

I just had a long time with Ryno over the PM and so I want to just post my thoughts. First, I am not upset at all. I think the TF rocks and if I didn't I would have never brought the OMFL here. It was a total honor to have them ask us to come here, and it has brought us some great guys like Frisk who bring this league to another level.

Back to my concerns. First, my one and only concern is keeping the league full. I think $12 a year for what we all enjoy here is more than fair to ask. As stated in my original post, no matter what we decide we will pull together and give something to the TF. It's an amazing place and I do know the cost that comes with this. Ryno has a great vision and I think its a great plan for the premier leagues.

My worries are that the TF is mainly set up for NCAA. Trying to fill, as frisk pointed out today in a pm, a 12 man league with several hundred players is fairly easy. Trying to fill a 32 man roster with only a handful of madden players (even as is, free) is very difficult. We have been super lucky and haven't had a TON of turnover, but this swapping to premier status is what worries me.

When we make the swap, all owners who do not want to pay will be open, and then to fill those teams we must find premier players who want to play madden year around. I will not be a league who shuts down after the football season and kicks it back up when NFL comes back around. The OMFL, under my leadership, will be a full time, year around league. So the question that begs to be answered is, will we be able to fill a 32 man league year around consistently? I am not sure that anyone can answer that question.

I know there's inside info on the NCAA game out and about, but Madden is not what the TF gets is major contributers from and so not much is known about Madden's new game.

If we had a more solid answer to that one question, I would feel much much much more comfortable with saying - lets swap.

I think I did read Rynos first message wrong. It sounded (stupid on forums, I know) like it was one way or the high way, so that's why I made my vote. The last thing I want is 'special treatment' like the kid who wants his way or he's taking his ball and going home. I do want to support the TF much like it has supported us.

So as a board, do you guys think we should bring this for discussion to the league? I know one thing, it will stir some conversation. LOL

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

hopefully you know that is not the case or the intended tone of the initial post after our PM's.

I sent this to you in a PM but I'll post it here for everyone to evaluate..

I've been thinking about the Madden model, and maybe it should be different than NCAA...

What if we can agree on an flat fee for OMFL to hold premier status. This grandfather's all your current members into Premier status as long as they are in good standing in your league. If they are removed, they are removed from premier membership unless they pay the fee at that point.

So basically, your flat fee will cover 32 slots for one year, regardless of who comes and goes.

22. natedawg212000

my response to ryno, which i'll tell you guys, was to give us 2 options to discuss with the league as a whole (possibly). The first option would be what ryno just posted. The 2nd option would be that every owner pays $12 a year, $50 a lifetime, BUT we get to go outside of TF, if needed, to get owners to fill teams. Those newbies would then have to pay the $12 but would be premier for the OMFL only since they haven't earned that right with the TF yet. Or at least something to that extent.

23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't really like the comparisons to NCAA online dynasties and Madden Online franchises. Regardless of how this website is currently structured, Madden has a MUCH MUCH MUCH larger user base. The only reason you see more NCAA leagues on this site is due largely to two reasons. 1) NCAA online dynasty came before Madden online franchise and 2) because the structure and functionality of NCAA online dynasties currently blows Madden out of the water.

I think we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg for online Madden franchises. When they start rolling out with improvements to the functionality of online franchise, I believe Madden will dwarf NCAA leagues.

So yes, there is a difference now, but it won't be this way for long.

24. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i have no problem at all with the 2nd option... and if they pay the $12, they will have access to all TF leagues. If they are good enough for the OMFL, most likely they are good enough for TF.

I almost like Nate's option better, as it falls more in line with how we are going to manage memberships. The 32 slot option would have more overhead in regards to having to modify users permissions every time you boot someone or add someone. Having it based on the individual allows us to use Vbulletin to manage the permissions and memberships.

25. Big D

Big D Walk On

I think from my convo with nate (correct me if I'm wrong Nate) is we are going to see how many donations we can get and then see who might be scared off if we go pay to play.

I have a question. Can you base it off of this.....

If we got all 32 owners to put up the annual fee of $12, we would be giving TF $384. Now would you be willing for us to take donations and get you that $384 in bulk, MINUS anything that our current members have already contributed? In other words, I think Frisk and TRude are the two members that are currently premier with us, and they've currently donated $100 total to this (and OMFL is their only league here). So, we could subtract that thus leaving us with $284 needed to get all of our members to premier status for 1 year. I realize this would be a little discount since those two are lifetime members, but I think this might be a fair compromise.

Let me know if this will work, and Nate please tell me if I'm off base here.