Please Read: T3 File Trouble

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Jan 19, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

As Twist and Dru can attest, the file for T3 is massively screwed up. The offseason advances went surprisingly smooth but lately it takes between 20-60 minutes to get the file to properly advance between weeks. It doesn't even fail at the same spot anymore and I have gotten a variety of different error messages.

What I would like to try is getting everyone to retire from the dynasty after an advance and then have a different member restart the league from the saved file. In order to prevent any delays it would be preferable if we could get everyone online on at the same time, fairly close to an advance. This would also allow us to better coordinate the plan.

Sticking with planned advance schedule, the advance to week 5 should be around 9 PM EST tonight and week 6 will likely be around the same time on Friday.

2. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I can be available for either advance. Just post when.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

@bravejaf - vandy and I have a user game in week 5, so there is a chance that may not get in on our usual 24 hour advance (I think it likely will but just FYI).

Either way I'm around most nights just let me know. If we can get gamertag logins for guys who can't be there I'm sure you, me and twist could deal with those.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I am free tonight, but Friday nights are usually a no go. But Brave has my gamer info if needed.

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I can be there if I'm let known ahead of time.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

7. Dru50

I don't remember you saying that you puked after running with your wife last night?

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'm not the one puking bud. I got her that T Shirt for xmas, you like.

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'll be at work both times

10. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am not available for tonight, but I am on Friday, someone always could log on as me and retire me from the dynasty if it was done tonight

11. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

Friday is impossible for me but I can pass my info on if necessary.

Available tomorrow around 9:30 PM EST Dru?

12. Dru50

I should be good around then.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We could also just take a one day break to let everyone retire and then reboot the file once everyone has left the dynasty. Right now I'm thinking about doing it after the week 5 advance. As long as people can log on at some point on Saturday to retire, we could reboot the file later that night.

Once we do reboot the file everyone needs to go into their XBox memory and make sure there isn't any old copies of the dynasty floating around.

14. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Leave it to me to be late to the party, lol.

I went ahead and played without reading this, no biggie if we need to scrap that and reboot now (or did I fuck that up by playing?)...

Sorry gents, I was all excited for a snow day and didnt pay attention to what the fuck was going on.

15. Dru50

I think you are fine. I believe Brave wants to do this immediately after the next advance (tomorrow night).

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We are doing it after the advance this week, so between 5 and 6. The planned date is Friday.

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

so after we advance to week 6, then we all quit and wait. right?

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yes that is the plan. Do not recruit or play your games after advance to week 6.

Is anyone going to be completely unavailable all night Friday and during day Saturday? I'd like to keep this from pushing past 24 hours. Wazzu do you want to temporarily host the file or should I see if Dru can do it once we are ready to reboot?

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I also can host the file but will be at work Saturday and not home until 830 pm eastern.