Please Read

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Oct 21, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

So how are we going to move forward?

Continue as is?
    Open up more conferences?
    Coaching career? (We can use the PocketScout app or a formula Diddy used when he ran a coaching career OD)
    Other?

I wanna go the coaching career route. Adds entertainment. Plus it'll be cool to progress like a real coach. See how we recruit with smaller schools. But I'll wait to see where everyone else is before I "make a pitch":)

2. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

As far as direction, I like the current setup but I'm open to whatever. The idea of a coaching career sounds interesting but I do have some reservations. Specifically, the ability to land recruits I struggle filling my needs with Nebraska on Heisman. Granted I don't expect to be pulling in top classes with lower schools I'm just worried about being able to sign anyone at all. Also, I think we would have to ensure we have a dedicated bunch to keep this going long enough for our career to develop.

3. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

Jerzey -

I feel like you are continuously trying to get us to restart. Are there people talking in your ear about being unhappy? Is it just you?

The ONLY thing I have a problem with is our glacial pace. I cant speak for anyone else. We already had this identical thread a few weeks ago.

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I'm actually happy with how things are...we just need to pick it up on the advances. I know people are busy and things come up, but some of these advances are like 5-6 days...way too long.

Content could be turned up a notch as well, although I thought we all agreed we'll just plow through this season before doing the content in Season 2.

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I'm already in a coaching career style league so not really sure i want to go through another one but do love playing with the crappy schools. I really enjoy playing with Baylor

6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I would prefer to stay the course. I like coaching points but it's almost November. How many seasons are we gonna be able to get in? We already move slow and OD's tend to slow even more once college football ends in real life. I'm just afraid we won't get enough seasons in to make it worthwhile.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

And their wasn't a response from the entire league. I don't care what we do, honestly, and if individuals discussed their losing interest in the dynasty I wouldn't discuss it out in the open. I would just see who else feels that way... hmmm... sounds familiar?

Over the time I was "gone" I still kept tabs on this league and most of the time it took 5-6 days for the entire league to complete their games. With the heavy turnover we've already had, with another recent departure, you may understand why their is a need to see where people stand. My premier dynasty is already in Season 4, heading to Season 5, and we're content heavy. Their was no content being tasked so we could move rather quickly thru this season and we still fell behind.

For those who've been on TF for awhile, and maybe you've had experienced this too, we know when a league is dying. And to be honest, Southern Comfort seemed to be headed in that direction. We can't act like it doesn't exist. Most of the time it starts with displeasure in setup, team, or rules.

I'm looking at the file right now that has been up for a couple days and only 4 people have played, well actually 5 because my game needs to be simmed due to me losing power. Does that sound like an interested bunch?

8. NDCOLTS1979

Dean, Gabeast neither have been on here at all for awhile. I had to play CPU instead of Dean. Something needs to be done with the guys who aren't playing or something. If it stays this way SoCo will fold here soon

• Like Like x 1
  9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

One of those guys is no longer with us, not sure about the other but will get to the bottom of it before the weekend is over. More turnover, more reason to see if everyone is comfortable with our format. I'm not trying to restart or anything like that, but if I give that impression to any I'll just fall back and watch the situation from a distance. No hard feelings.

10. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah you should know me by now Ray i just go with the flow of things lol so i dont care how it goes

11. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I would be interested in coaching career but I could very well keep it as it is. Im good either way

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I need this to be a OD of 4 or 5 commissionsers, We are all extremely busy so if you guys pick me up where I falter then we will be good. Once I hunt down my info I will give it to jerzey and ND so that they can advance us if I'm not around. With that being said we need to find two more users, I dont have time right now to hunt them down. If you guys could find me two quality guys we can move on.

We need to start season two this coming week. It will either be with the same teams, lesser teams AA recruting coaching caousel, when we get a consensus we will determine the format. I'm on the fensce I will make the tie breaking vote if we need one.

13. NDCOLTS1979

I will start looking now for a couple guys. Ill help where ever is needed

14. JDBattleMC

I agree with you 100% that this is a sick league. I haven't been HERE long, but I have been playing leagues since NFL 2K1 (I think?) on the dreamcast. The league is sick, I blame deadweight.

It's odd because this is the only league I don't have fun playing the games in, but I enjoy the people the most. The sliders are horrific, and yet I put together just a TOP notch recruiting class. Well, the sliders don't work for my playing style, obviously I'm the only one having trouble (with a superior team, people with non-6 star teams may be having a totally different experience).

Here's what Im going to do:

Create a slackers thread (Would be more fun with tables, but I'll work something out) so we can see who's done what since the advance, and when. We advanced 2 days ago and already some of us have played our games and recruited, and some of us have done nothing. There ARE active players floating around this board, if people are holding us up continuously, with as fun and compelling as the format is here, there is no reason to keep dead weight on.

I agree, there ARE unmotivated players here, they should be clipped. I was so excited to play my game with a 5-6 team (Now 5-7) that i had to wait a day so I didnt play the NIGHT we advanced. Everyone should have something CLOSE to that enthusiasm. If you dont want to play, then let the CPU coach your team.

15. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

I'm of the same mindset as NDColts. I don't care which way we decide to go but I think we have to decide soon. The more on the fence talk is only going to perpetuate this dynasty's death. I think that we got a good core of guys that help this thing move along at a good pace. It's just a few stragglers that slow everything down. Our first season was advancing every day it seemed like. I think if we add people, we need to make sure they're quality owners. Well, having a full twelve team dynasty would be ideal I don't think it's worth it if the additional ones are just dead weight. We should be advancing at a quicker rate, this isn't Madden where you have to schedule user games each week.

As it stands now, I think we have two viable options for the future of this dynasty: 1) Keep current format or 2) Coaching Career.

I think we need to elaborate what exactly a coaching career entails (Jerzey - I think it's time to make your pitch). Then we vote.

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

On the fence meant I can either go with the coaching carousel or go as is, it doesnt matter to me I want to do what the majority wants so that we can make a run with this. I'm ready to go please post on here when we are ready to advance also so I know that I need to get in gear get home and advance the OD

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hey, my power went out, well actually my PS3 cut off because I'm guessing overheating (do they do that?).... I'll play my game or sim... it did it to me twice yesterday... once for this league and once for Chaos

18. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

I'm ready to advance.

19. NDCOLTS1979

Never heard of a ps3 overheating. I have heard issues with it cutting out here and there is a small bug that happens here and there. Basically unplug power cord wait a few minutes and plug it back in and it should fix the bug

20. NDCOLTS1979

djdunn6 needs an invite he will be taking over Oklahoma St Cowboys. Great player he is in OMFL with me

21. JDBattleMC

Im ready to go. 5-7 on the year

22. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I don't think we have looked hard at the sliders since the 2 LTP's. I would be fine with just throwing Jerzy's sliders on for year 2. Tried them briefly and they were cool. We just haven't kept ours up to date with the gameplay adjustments from EA.

23. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah i am down with Rays sliders. Also down with slapping onaradio around lol

24. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

jerz post em somewhere on here and we'll ride with em

25. JDBattleMC

I'd be VERY ok with a slider change. I mean this is the only league where I literally have to STRUGGLE to even be in a game with the computer. And I'm not a BAD player.