Please replace me as the Seahawks

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Hellisan, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Please replace me as the Seahawks

Playing a game of Madden football just now.... I was so........ utterly, completely, dumfoundingly bored. I get beat all the time so it wasn't that I got clobbered. I promise. And Romoisajedi, who is new to our league... He is an good player and a great guy. In fact, I almost wanna stay in the league just to play him twice a year. But dude. I would be untrue to myself if I stayed. when I signed up for this I had no idea we'd be stuck on slow gameplay and I just can't hack it at all.

I really hate NCAA this year, but at least I'm not BORED. I get angry, happy, pissed, confused, hurt, horny... every kind of feeling playing NCAA but at least I'm not BORED. I still HATE NCAA but I will play it all year. But I can't do this.

You combine the slow game play with Chris Collinsworth droning on in monotone every play, the crowd getting only mildly excited even on the biggest plays of the game.. even when Steven Jackson, the Rams RB, broke off a 20-yard gain and threatened to score, it was just like.... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Seriously the only time I'm ever going to break this game out again is when I wanna go to sleep. I'm actually gonna trade it in. I feel bad about deserting my post as the NFC commish.... But being as busy as I am, wasting even 2.5 hours a week on a game that just bores me to tears isn't something I'm willing to do. I'm sorry guys.

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Helli, I'll let you work this out with Ryno.

Until an NFC Commisioner is appointed, everyone PM me with issues.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

few hours in the league and we already lost someone........not a good sign.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Not necessarily Jay.

Maybe everybody else loves this game. I hated the monotone announcing, lack of crowd noise, and things like that already, but the slow gameplay (I had put it on "normal" right from the start and even tried fast....)

That slow gameplay was the nail in the coffin for me.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

ill be the seahawks if you havent replaced them yet

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah the slow game play is annoying. I am sad that your not in this with us....:(

More time for forza 3.........and that wont help us poor souls..

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That sucks. I love seeing you in these leagues, just because your funny in the forums.:)

The slow speed takes some getting used to, and I think it is a bit slow, but if your in a good game that isn't a big deal.

Bruce and I just had a GREAT game, and I wish you would give it a chance.:)

Shaun

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

i appreciate you saying that Shaun.

The two biggest reasons I didn't want to quit was 1) I figured certain guys would be mad and 2) the great people in the league.

But with the game speed the way it is, it would just be like watching a movie you've already seen 200 times, twice a week. I lost something like 23-3 but even when it was still a game I actually messaged Romoisajedi with something to the effect of "are you as bored as I am?"

even early on, when we intercepted a pass and caused a fumble and it looked like good things were happening for me, I was just trying not to fall asleep. Sorry, I just can't do it.

In the end, TF and OS and MM and every site I've ever been a part of... It's all about the gaming for me. I'll let other people try and make money off it, or use the site to get a job in the industry, etc.... I just wanna play games I like. and not only do i not like this one, I'd rather be doing just about anything else in the world that's not boring.

9. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

just when i thought things were looking up for the pathetic rams with a win on the road to start the season Carriker goes down for 10 weeks, and Hellisan walks...

sorry bud it was a hard fought one...

10. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

don't know if it was the slow game that annoyed you,

might've been that ball control offense of mine, you did a great job of taking avery out of the game with trufaunt couldn't find him all night...

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

There are some issues with this game for sure. The slow game play is a killer for me too.

I got beat by big plays that took forever to happen if that makes sense and it was sorta like having salt rubbed in the wound a little too long..

Shaun and my game was a back and fourth game with some pretty cool stuff and at the same time there were a few times where I was just scratching my head asking how that just happened.

Its going to take some getting used to that was only the third game I have played this year.

The game was well played Shaun and it was close, just seemed very long and slow for my taste way different then NCAA.

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

PS, I freaking hate the fact that Helli is leaving but I totally understand. If it isnt fun or you dont have the time then thats that.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't know if there is any way I could convince you that it wasn't anything to do with that game (the result) or yourself but believe me... Please believe me....

Hahahaha, yeah we couldn't get you off the field but that happens to me in NCAA all the time too. I have kind of a "big play or no play" tendency in these games for some reason and I just deal with the occasional blowout because of it. It wouldn't have been more fun against anybody else, or any other style of play, I promise.

I'm not annoyed at the loss or the result of that game even one iota. I can see the Seahawks coming out and getting stomped by that very same score IRL. Very realistic outcome IMO. I think people need to watch out for the Rams IRL and when it comes to this league :)

I just can't do this game speed. It looks especially strange since the animations occur at regular speed. So you see a guy running slooooooowly... Then the quick stumble animation to finish off the run. I just can't do it.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm usually of the mind that you don't start something with a game you can't stand, or if you don't have the time. like you see those things in advance etc. But I hadn't seen this game speed. Yikes it's atrocious.

15. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

this is gonna be a long season. Member of the RC down after 1 game awesome lol I wopnder if we are gonna lose 16 owners after wk 1.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

sorry man. I just figured there was no better time than now. My opinion absolutely isn't going to change, the game is going back tomorrow. I could (I guess) see a patch happening that allows people to play on any game speed but that would be the only thing that could sway me on the idea of being in an OF. And I don't want to go through the motions, that wouldn't be fair to anybody here.

17. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

yeah I know just bummed, you are a great asset to any league so it sucks losing someone such as yourself. Gonna miss you bro, who esle is gonna irritate Ryno here?

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

wow... ok

19. jfosh

jfosh Super

I am know left alone in the division after Bruce and now helli bolted. Bruce if you didn't leave then helli would not have quit. As usual i'll blame it on Bruce!

I'm glad though for the sake of the league you came out and resigned after week 1. Its better for the league that way. Ryno should have no problem filling that spot.

Definitely will have more time for NCAA now. Which will make you feel worse when I beat you in the SEC championship this year.

Roll Tide!

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

still interested in being the seahawks if you are replacing

21. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Every1 complained last year game was to fast, so what does EA do? Make an option where you can turn up the game speed or turn it down to your liking. Good job EA. Then they patch the game so you can only play on slow online & not have an option to play on any speed you want. Dick move EA.

22. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

im staying in it, but man, the game speed is wayyyy too slow. is it possible to change that if everyone is in agreement?

nevermind. just read Khaalis's post that you cannot change the speed.

I play on the slow, or whatever default is on my offline dynasty and it doesn't seem this slow. is this an even slower speed or something?

23. jfosh

jfosh Super

I agree the game speed is to slow. Maybe I play to much NCAA I felt like I was trying to hit the change up all game.

24. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

i'm pretty that is slower than the default "slow" speed. because when i've played my offline dynasty, 5 or 6 games i think, none of them were that slow. i didn't touch the speed either, i checked and it was listed as "slow" on my offline dynasty.

i'm guessing we are playing on extra slow or something?

25. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Thank the fools that complained that the game was to fast on "normal" for online play. On slow I can't tell the different speed from Brandon Jacobs & Ahmed Bradshaw. The run the same on slow. On normal You could tell Bradshaw was faster than Jacobs.