Please talk me off the ledge! So emotional.

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Subkontraktor, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Please do read this. I really need some feedback. Any kind of feedback!

My skin is on fire, hands shaking, and I just want to rant to anyone or someone. I just had one of the most exciting things in Madden happen to me followed by the VERY most dissapointing thing on madden EVER. This is going to take a minute to explain and I'm sure I won't tell the story right.

Wanted to practise. Played a ranked game. Other guy = 150 wins 100 losses approx. I'm 12-11. he picked Saints. I picked Chiefs. it's practise you know?

He takes ball. First play TD. REggie Bush mad juking.

I get ball, I score on 5 or 6 plays. Good practice.

He gets ball he scores in 2 or 3 plays. Reggie Bush again. Mad skills with Bush for this guy.

I get ball, drive down, he picks my play as his blitz was on and user picks flats pass. Gone. TD.

21 - 7.

I get ball back, drive down, score again. Working hard for these scores.

He gets kick, returns kick for Td. Reggie Goddam Bush again.

28-14 Saints.

Once again I take the ball down, work hard for a TD, 28-21.

He gets the ball and I start working on him. I know what he's going to do a little and stop him to 4th down a couple times. He picks them up, sneaks in to endzone with 48 secs left.

I get ball back, work some long plays and score.

35-28 at halftime, Saints.

I get ball, get to midfield, have to punt.

He gets ball, I make him work hard for a score, but he gets in. 42-28 Saints.

I get ball, use up a lot of time, a lot of short plays, a few 4th down conversions, and finally score with 3:30 left in game. 42-35

I onside kick - mulled it over for a while, but did it anyway. No luck.

He gets a first down and is in field goal range. I'm blitzing like wild here. I stop him and stop him again. I have him at 3rd and 7. He rolls out with a cheesy play (I haven't even tried to describe this guy's chessyness, but use your imagination and let it run), I corner Brees on the sideline, he throws in to traffic. it's tipped. It'ss tipped again and again, probably 5 times. Shockey pulls it down to make it 4th and inches. 2 minute warning. He runs QB sneak and I have him hit at the line but he gets it. I have to call my first Time Out.

After he runs 3 times and I use 2 time outs, the clock rolls all the way down to 55 secs and he calls time out on 4th and 2 at the 25 yard line or so. He lines up for a FG., up 42-35.

I've been working on this situation for a while now. I try to block punts and FGs and PATs. I've blocked a punt. Never IN MY LIFE have I blocked a FG.

I sprint around the side at the right time, leap up, slap a paw on it, BLOCKED THE KICK! and the fight is on. My guy who blocked it fights with his kicker and holder for the fumble. I've never liked this part of the game, it's a crapshoot to me. I was pressing X and other buttons like crazy.

He gets the ball. He also gets a 1st down and 10. He kneels on it. Game Over.

What the fuck Madden! I block a field goal for the first time in my video game career and you ruin it. Rules say I should have had ball, but the game is flawed.

FTW!

2. Subkontraktor

I also forgot to mention that the Post Game screen is still on. I went to create a highlight of the blocked kick and I can view the highlight, but when I go to make the highlight, it shows the previous play. This just added to my fury. I don't even have proof!

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Dude, I feel your pain.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Wow man. First of all, screw cheesers. Second of all, damn EA for allowing that to become a first down.

5. Subkontraktor

I probably could have condensed that. I was so frustrated last night. I had to run the full story by my girlfriend. I did record the block on my phone since I couldn't save the replay.

Thanks for taking the time to read through it. It was the kind of game and outcome you just have to tell others about.

6. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Well if it went anything like when I bitch to my Wife I'm sorry. All I get is "Well that's because you suck anymore at Madden" Thanks babe, kick me when I'm down. :)

7. Subkontraktor

She's pretty good about pretending to be interested. She's always been a Chiefs fan, but since she's been with me, her football knowledge/enjoyment is rising.

Compared to other girls (at least the ones that have never played) she's probably somewhere between a fantasy football expert and guru.

She thinks it's funny when I listen to Keller and Rush's podcast.

And she actually enjoys playing Halo with me.

8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sounds like you've got a keeper

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

lol, my wife revels in my gaming mediocrity...

• Like Like x 1