PLEASE watch these bids

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

PLEASE watch these bids

I've seen a few threads that have raised the modifiers on players, and after checking their rosters, they should NOT have raised modifier on a player.

Rules state that you cannot raise a modifier for a player unless that player would be higher on your depth chart than the previous team's bid. Those bids should be invalid.

Gotta get this right, folks. I'm willing to slap on the wrist right now because it's a new system, but this has got to be watched by the free agent observers of the board. Those guys have to watch closer now than ever before to make sure bids aren't placed illegally.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

what do you mean? the rules state that we can raise the modifier ourselves to raise the bid? lets be a little easy on folk (including myself) whos learning the 10 mile long capbook list. sorry if i am a bit edgy but this is crap everyone wanting to jump down peoples throats when we are all confused.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

The rulebook states you can raise the modifier if another team already has. . .even if you wont have him that high on your cap book. So if another team does, then its ok.

4. natedawg212000

again, its way confusing, which is why i put up my vote. if teh guy is your #1 then you MUST offer him #1, if hes not and hes a #4 for everyone then if I want to pay him #1 money i should be able too.

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I agree Nate

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I know. That is why I am not terribly "angry" about it, per se, but if I need to re-word the rule to make it more clear, then I will.

7. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

8. natedawg212000

yes this is what forced us to change. orginally we wanted to allow every owner to bid what he wanted no matter what, but it became obvious (well to me) that the least loopholed option was to put a base salary, celling salary, base bonus, no celling, and the mod for what he is on your team. So if a team sucks and can offer a higher mod then they get a less 'cap hit' and easier to raise the bid, than a high ranked team who wants a lower player just 'because'.