Please Watch Video-Points of Emphasis for Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Sep 5, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Gho5t9
    ndfootball23
    Adam B
    Danthraxxx
    EAsportsKiLLer85
    Boom29
    lilmaggie
    thefans455
    mikedeep97
    Connor
    Tschetter2

I think for the most part things went very well for the first season. We lost a couple of people, but gained others. There are a couple issues regarding gameplay that need to be address. First, please make sure when you drop back to pass, make sure it is between 5-7 yards. Anything more than that could be considered cheese and serious consequences could occur if you continually drop back more than 5-7 yards in a game. Second, when you drop back to pass and choose to run with the QB, please wait a few seconds. I don't want it to be snap, and then take off. The QB should make a couple of reads before taking off if there is no pressure. Third, I just want to remind everyone to mix up the play calling, don't continually throw to the slot receiver or TE, try to spread it around to everyone when you pass. Fourth, on going for it on fourth down please remember the rules, if you believe you should be able to go for it but the rules don't necessarily cover the situation discuss it with your opponent, and if you opponent believes you should punt the ball, punt the ball. Remember this is not a ranked game where anything goes. Lastly please watch these videos. One is a general rule video that discusses the dos and don'ts of sim football.

These next videos show what is acceptable for QB Sramble

The first video, is a perfect example of a QB scramble. The second video, I think can be a little questionable, because the quarterback took off pretty quickly. In considering my game play, I have probably taken off that quickly with a running quarterback in the past with the likes of Denard Robinson.

Both of these next videos show a QB dropping back too far

Both of these drop backs are way too far back. In the first one, the QB is in shot gun, drops back 10 yards before throwing the ball. It is unclear why the QB needed to drop back that far because there was no pressure. The second the QB is under center, and drops back 10, then runs another five back. If the QB is facing you when you drop back to pass like in this video, you are doing something wrong. Please state that you have reviewed this thread below, and if there are any questions.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

read in my sleep (y)

3. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

4. Tschetter2

Tschetter2 Walk On

5. Connor

Connor Walk On

read it

6. Boom29