Archived PMFL SIGNING OFF AFTER THE COMPLETION OF SEASON THREE...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Apr 5, 2011.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

PMFL SIGNING OFF AFTER THE COMPLETION OF SEASON THREE...

Gentlemen, there were six games simmed in week 16 and several others in week 15. We understand that a lot of those games were unplayed as they did not have any playoff implications. However, it is inevitable that the number of unplayed games will continue as we move into the fourth season. That coupled with the recent turnover of ownership in the league has forced Eddie and I to make a difficult decision. After several recent discussions held by Eddie and me, we both agreed that it isn't fair to any of us to proceed with a fourth season. It is inevitable that activity will die down with the spring/summer months upon us. It's sad that it has come to this, but we refuse to spend countless hours working on the league functions only to have a minority of owners devoted to the league and their responsibilities. I apologize to those of you who truly wanted to proceed with a fourth season as it isn't entirely fair that you had planned on having another season only to be told that we aren't going to proceed any longer. We apologize to the newest members of the league who had just come aboard. We certainly appreciate your interest in the league. We hope to have everyone return when we re-open for the Madden 12 release. Until then, we'll proceed with completing season 3 and then go on a brief, well deserved hiatus. For anyone who would like to receive their deposit back, please message me to do so as I have no problem doing that.

2. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

I had a feeling this was coming and as much as I hate to say it, I don't disagree with you guys. :(------, the tracks of my tears!

3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Say it aint so Joe.....er, Doug & Eddie! While I certainly understand and respect your decision, man this sucks!

The PMFL is the best thing going, but that is only because of the work put in by the minority (especially by the two of you) that benefits everybody and it's not fair to expect that kind of time commitment, when some can't even be bothered to play their games. I know how much work you guys put into this and with the participation level dropping off already, in spite of a supposed season 4, I can't say I blame you at all.

While I was definitely looking forward to season 4, I would much rather there be a well deserved, albeit longer than originally anticipated, break and have everyone come back refreshed and recharged for Madden 12, rather than see the frustration level continue to rise as more people inevitabley check out early on the known last season.

Man, I really liked my team too. I am gonna miss them, lol.

4. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I agree with Pope and Jim, definitely saw something like this coming. I truly appreciate all the work you and Eddie do and if we aren't pulling our weight then it's the right thing to do. Guess we gotta make these last games count!

5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Just kidding. I saw it coming too, especially within the last two weeks. Too bad, cause being a part of this league finally gave me a reason to enjoy Madden completely.​
    Look forward to next season and hopefully a deep run in the playoffs to finish off the 2013 edition of PMFL.​
    Thank you to Doug and Eddie for keeping everything together.​

6. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Can we shut off injuries :)

7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I don't mind holding a fourth season, but we would have to boot anyone who doesn't get their games in without a legitimate reason. We aren't going to continue to recruit owners to fill vacancies that will only be temporary. So if we were to proceed with a fourth season, half of the teams would be human opponents and the other half would most likely wind up being the cpu. That doesn't necessarily seem fair either since we are unable to make any kind of slider adjustments, etc. It just makes more sense to shut things down.

8. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

I am in a suicidal state right now....

9. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I would be down for this, if that's what you decide to do.

As far as some teams being CPU, it's similar to teams changing owners mid-season. Some teams get to play against them with one owner, while others have to play another owner. It's just another variable (also not unlike injuries, or playing in a weaker division :rolleyes:) that happens in football.

I wouldn't mind doing a season 4 "lite", like I know last year we played without the offline file for season 4 to take some workload off you guys.

Either way, I am cool with your decision. While I enjoy my games here, I can understand the logic behind just ending it after this season.

10. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Understand. Chunk, Tough decisions are never easy.

11. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Sucks, I just get back and the league folds. :( But I know the drill by now. It's close to being Summer and this happens every year.

12. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

This makes the most sense, as much as it sucks. I was just building up this Skins team too. Man their stock team sucked when i got ahold of them.

I'll be here for sure in 2012. Best Madden league by far....

13. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

NOOOOOOO, lol... But Its understandable... And like Jim said, Im down to do this also but will roll with whatever you guys decide. An yes Scikotic this is the best Madden league anywhere, with the best Commish's by far. This was my first year in PMFL and I love it, and will hope to be here for the long run.

Thanx for all your hard work Doug and Eddie, I truly appreciated...

14. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

If it comes to it I can operate a NFC AND AFC team to keep the 4th season going. And I won't attempt to mk trades involving both teams. What can I say, imma Madden Franchise Junkie!

15. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

I sign up for a fourth season. stop playing around and make this happen..:mad:

16. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Its a shame, I was just getting these Titans to my liking :(

17. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

I will take a NFC Team...Lets do this guys..:rolleyes: