Archived PMFL to leave TSO.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shaun Mason, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Hi everyone,

I don't get to the PMFL forum very often, and I'm sorry that it is under these circumstances that I am here now. I have been given the indication that the PMFL will be leaving Tradition Sports Online, due to the fact that I asked the PMFL management to modify their forum layout to be common with the other Madden leagues.

Honestly, I'm not going to try to argue to keep the PMFL here. Some of you guys have turned into fantastic TSO community members, and some of you have kept to yourselves. We've had similar problems with integrating existing leagues into our website before, and I'm sad to say that my personal vision of bringing the PMFL here to become part of TSO has not worked out the way I intended.

That said, TSO will continue to run Madden leagues for next release cycle (though I have a feeling Madden won't be popular again next year), so if anyone out there in PMFL land is interested in staying here at TSO and trying to build a good, solid PS3 Madden league that interacts with the rest of TSO, I would love to have you PM me.

Thanks for the good times PMFL, stay classy.

Shaun

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Thanks, Shaun.

Gentlemen, we are in the process of transferring our forum data to a new dedicated forum/site like we had prior to moving to TSO. The site is currently in the build process under our new league name... 12th Man Franchise Football League (aka 12th MAN). The reason for the name change is that there is another PS3 league that goes by the abbreviation "PMFL." So Eddie and I have decided to separate ourselves from the other PS3 league and reorganize on the same platform. Yes, you read correctly that the league will be remaining on the PS3 platform. I apologize for any confusion as I know that I had already communicated that I would proceed with moving to the 360 platform. However, after discussing things with Eddie we both agreed that it wasn't fair to the rest of you who would remain on the PS3 and it was necessary to keep the league on the PS3 platform in order to maintain our league family and its integrity. I was able to generate enough funds to keep both systems. With the league funds remaining (about $90) I was able to get things rolling with the new forum/site. Our league name and location will be changing, but our core fundamentals and our mission will not. As I indicated earlier, we will just be moving back to a dedicated, self-controlled arena like we were before. There will be a committee structure formed including me, Eddie, and a few other members to be named; a no tolerance policy will be enforced; and some updated gameplay rules will be implemented for M12 once we have the release in hand. We will keep everyone updated. In the mean time, enjoy the hiatus from the league and please extend your gratitude to TSO for hosting our league forum over the M11 release.

Thanks to EVERYONE for your patience, participation, and dedication! STAY TUNED!!!

3. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Awesome news. Can't wait!

I would like to thank TSO. I've met a bunch of fellow gamers and look forward to meeting more.

4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I am very happy for the news about the platform staying PS3, and while I would like to thank TSO for hosting us for this last Madden season, I look forward to the new forum set up with much anticipation.

5. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Good decision either way as I am on both platforms. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Doug (and Eddie). :)

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Excellent decision Doug.

7. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Doug & Eddie....just when I thought there wasnt a reason for me to get Madden this year.....Here We Go Again!!!
    ~Looking forward to newness~

!!The 12th damn Man is in full effect!!

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Just an FYI.

1) The 12 Man is copy written, I think.
    2) I will be removing this forum on Friday, June 3rd. Whatever content you would like to have, please grab it. It will still be on the site, but you will have to search for it.

9. CHUNKNESS

1) We won't be using any copywritten materials as all of our content will be original and specific to our franchise football league.
    2) Could you please give me through the weekend if possible?

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    1) The Seahawks actually sued Texas A&M about that name...I'm sure of it. I will Google-Fu it.
    2) That's fine.

11. CHUNKNESS

1) I'm not too concerned. We won't be marketing the league in any way. Shoot, we don't even exist to make a profit. I've put more of my own money into the league each year... ;)
    2) TY!

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

Sorry, I had it backwards:

The term "12th Man" was coined and marketed to represent the Texas Aggie fans after the 1922 Dixie Classic. While intellectual property laws recognize such common law uses in trademark disputes, the official registration of the mark was not filed by Texas A&M (U.S. Reg. No. 1948306) until September 1990, and later significantly bolstered by the passage of the Federal Dilution Trademark Act of 1995. This law allowed Texas A&M to use potential damage to the trademark through dilution as a justification in its lawsuit against the Seattle Seahawks. According to statements made by Texas A&M officials, they sent requests to stop using the phrase to the Seattle Seahawks (2004, 2005), Buffalo Bills (undated), and the Chicago Bears (undated). Both the Bills and the Bears responded to the requests stating they would no longer use the phrase, however the Seahawks failed to respond to the request.
    In January 2006, Texas A&M filed suit against the Seattle Seahawks to protect the trademark and in May 2006, the dispute was settled out of court. In the agreement, Texas A&M licensed the Seahawks to continue using the phrase "12th Man" in exchange for public acknowledgement by the NFL franchise as to Texas A&M's ownership of the phrase.

13. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Speaking of copyright laws, this sounds plagiarized... ;)

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    There is a link to the original in there.:)

15. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Madden won't be popular next year????

16. CHUNKNESS

Yeah, I am aware. The purpose of the lawsuit was moreso due to the fact that the Seahawks were marketing the phrase and generating a profit as a result... I appreciate the heads up.

Of course it will be, Gaddy. That's why we'll be continuing our league elsewhere...

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    My opinion: There is going to be some serious Madden backlash.

18. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I don't believe any backlash would come from the type of fan that would dedicate the time and effort that a league like ours requires. The casual fan may not be as inclined to pick up Madden if the lockout lasts, but the opposite effect may be had on the hardcore fans.

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Let's stop all the back and forth. Chunk, just let us know when you have what you need from the forums.. we will leave it up until you give the word.

Thanks guys.

20. CHUNKNESS

Thx. All of our subforums have been removed already?...

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i believe all your posts have been consolidated into one forum. All the content should still be there.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I reorganized quite a big of our forum structure yesterday.

---

Once you guys are finished grabbing your threads, they will be moved to this location: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/forums/orphaned-threads-do-not-use-except-for-cleanup.502/

Bookmark it in case you ever need the content again.

---

Depending on what forum software you are going to use, I may be able to provide a table dump so you can import the threads there. PM me if that is something you would like to arrange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.