PMFL TOP STORY: Dallas Cowboys, 2012 KING OF THE PMFL (7-0)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Mar 5, 2011.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

[​IMG]
    PMFL TOP STORY: Dallas Cowboys, 2012 KING OF THE PMFL (7-0)
    By: CHUNKNESS

Moving into week 8, only one team remains undefeated in the Premier Madden Football League. A mid-season interview with Dallas Cowboys owner, Marvis (aka hoodiii), incorporated with a breakdown and analysis of his 7-0 mid-season record outlines why he believes he has achieved success in the PMFL's 2012 season of Madden 11.

Some people may have overlooked the Cowboys before the 2012 season kicked off. Perhaps they were discounted because of the notoriously tough division they play in. Maybe they weren’t considered a threat because of their complacent approach to the off-season. Whatever the case may be, the Cowboys were the NFC runner-up with a record of 11-5 just a season ago and now hold a league leading undefeated record of 7-0.

Coming into the season, perhaps their greatest concern was their defensive scheme. When asked about what changes the team has made, Marvis replied,

“The biggest thing I did after season one was make the commitment to going from a 3-4 defense to a 4-3 defense which I am more comfortable running. Fortunately for me I had some multi talented players that allowed me to make the change along with making some quality picks to help fill in some holes.”

The defensive change has proved to be successful as the Cowboys are ranked in the top 10 in yards allowed and most importantly, second in the league in points allowed. However, the margin of victory over their opponents averages just over a touchdown at 7.86 points. With such small room for error, what has been the key to their early success? Marvis provided an emphatic response,

“To be honest it has been a total team effort because week in and week out somebody seems to step up either on the offensive side or defensive side. I am fortunate to have a lot of skilled players in the right positions to allow my team to be successful. Resiliency and character are the two words I would use because with quite a few injuries on the defensive side of the ball guys have stepped up to do an admirable job making plays like a starter.”

Underrated players like cornerback Orlando Scandrick and linebacker Jason Williams have showed their ability to step up as they have amassed 25 tackles between the two. Scandrick and Williams lead the team in interceptions with two each, while Scandrick has two sacks and a forced fumble to round out his defensive stats. On the offensive side, receiver Kevin Ogletree stands out as he leads the team in receptions, yards, and is tied for first on the team with three receiving touchdowns. Stats aside, there are always areas where a coach wants to see improvement. Particularly when the rest of the league is gunning for the proverbial “king of the hill.”

“I see all of my opponents on the rest of my schedule formidable because nothing is ever guaranteed from week to week in the PMFL and I never take any team for granted no matter what their record. I’m hoping to keep the momentum going through to the second [half of the] season and try to make a run for a championship. I always feel I need to improve on both sides of the ball including special teams. I hope I can just get better every week one game at a time.”

The Cowboys are playing with an intensity that has not been matched up to this point. One thing is for certain. They will continue to be tested throughout the remainder of the season. Thanks to Marvis for participating in this edition of the PMFL Top Story and good luck on the rest of your PMFL journey.

2. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Nice work

3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Great stuff Doug

4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Nice read Doug. Congrats to Marvis on the success so far. Having been the victim of one of those 7 victories, I know first hand that the Cowboys are for real.

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Congrats to Marvis for the quick start to the season, however the #1 defense in the NFL has something in mind for him and the Cowboys.

Twice.

[​IMG]