Podcast ideas

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Dec 3, 2009.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Podcast ideas

I was thinking maybe shorting the Podcast to just the game of the weeks. You can give full review of your thoughts about those games and then afterward discuss anything else that comes to mind in the league. So you wont have to focus on the entire week as games are played much faster that the podcast can be created.

2. coachgaddy

Has this been cancelled?

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Sorry. I work in retail during the holidays, so my scheduling has been earlier and earlier and I am more and more worn out.

I'll try to get one in for next week. I still have your team info as well, Gaddy. Just trying to catch my breath as far as games, posting, and what not.

4. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Just let me know if theres anything I can do to help you out Winuvas

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ya i too have just been super busy and haven't had a chance to do anything. ill work on doing inside the omfl and a hot seat this week

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Actually....

With the podcasts what would be nice (if you have time) is if someone wrote down the stats for the game. Basically these things:

Score
    Top passer for each team (comp/att yds TD/INT)
    Top runner for each team (att/yds TD rec/yds TD)
    Top receiver for each team (rec/yds TD)
    Top defensive player for each team (best stat line)

If I get someone to do that, then I can just read the scoring summary/game summary and paint a picture of what happened for review.

Also, what do you think of the format?
    1. Intro
    2. Review of previous week's games
    3. Win's Winners (analysis on games of the week, upsets, and locks, quick shots on everyone else)
    4. Standings
    5. Injury/Team News
    6. Closing

Anything you guys feel I need to cut out completely or cut down a bit? I know I need to work on music editing, as last week's episode had my intro music play way too loud and way too long. Woopsie.

I see Gaddy says I should only do the Games of the Week, Locks, and Upsets as far as analysis. Or is it just GOTW only Gaddy?

7. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I can do that since I'm going in and doing Player of the week awards. Just give me a date each week you want it by so I know when I need to have it done by.

8. coachgaddy

Yeah cause the league is moving so fast I say pick 4 games and talk about those and the rest of the show about around the league stuff. That way it cuts down on some research and could keep the podcast up to the same pace as the league advancements.

Besides the less we hear about the NFC South the better. LOL JK(y)

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So, basically analyze 4 games, and just say my winners for the rest of them. Not a bad idea actually. Would shorten time down. Only reason I would not like it is for those poor teams out there that will never get any love as a result (Bucs, Ravens, Browns, Rams....talking about you guys here sorry). But hey, the only reason MY team gets any mention at all is because they are a permanent lock of the week for their opponent. Until I improve offensively, whomever plays me is a guaranteed W.

10. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I say pick 4 or 5 top games then just add in 2 other games, so the teams like the Ravens, Browns etc.... get some air play too. example if the Lions beat another poo poo and break a 5+ game losing streak that can be a game talked about.