Podcast Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Podcast Suggestions?

For those that listen to the podcast, are there any suggestions to make the podcast better for you guys?

I am doing this for you guys, so let me know any ideas for either adding segments, or cutting segments, or just how I host it in general? Obviously, keep criticism on the "nice" end while getting your point across, but I want to make it better for you, the owners of the OMFL.

Either hit me up here, or if you want to truly speak your mind, send me an email to:

omflweekinreview@hotmail.com

I promise I won't be super offended by harsh comments. :)

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Well Win, I will try to do the podcast with you to add another voice, which I think could be nice.

Also, I think you need a team news segment with trade rumors, benchings, ect (basically the things people send you via PM or email that you think would be interesting).

Basically I think you could do two podcasts per OMFL week.
    1)Preview Show
    2)Week in Review Show

Also I'd try to format the show pretty specifically so that listeners can get used to hearing certain segments at certain times. Many benefits for this, including for those who can't listen for long they can just listen to the part they most want to and can find it in your show. So here would be my suggestions.

Preview Show (60 mins)
    -2 minute intro segment
    -13 mins Power Rankings. Spend more time on the top 10, less time on everybody else.
    -7 mins team news
    -15 minutes Rotating Segment (Coach's Interviews, Playoff Projections, Madden Strategy, Commish interviews, etc....varies week by week)
    -20 mins Win's Winners
    -3 minute closing segment

REVIEW SHOW (30 minutes)
    -2 minute opening segment
    -20 minutes of game reviews
    -5 minutes Standings
    -3 minutes closing segment

Basically this is my job in real life (sports radio on air talent and producer), so I could get really in depth if you want, but I'll leave it simple at first.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think biggest problem I have right now is having to do all the stats research and the podcast itself. I need a personal research assistant is what I need. lol

But I think I will take your time breakdown idea into effect for future podcasts. I'm not a talk radio veteran yet, but that idea does sound solid - to have an agenda and stick to it.