Points of discussion

Discussion in 'Freshmen Orientation' started by GDip, Jun 25, 2013.

1. GDip

GDip Walk On

Figured I would make a list of things that we will need to either vote on or discuss before the league starts. Please feel free to add your ideas and suggestions.

-Conferences
    -Team restrictions (i.e. no 6star caliber, only 1 or 2 start caliber, etc...)
    -Allowing "new" players in these leagues who wont be in Madden
    -How to split up the leagues
    -Rules (read option, no huddle, etc)
    -Length of advances

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  2. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

how about big 12 and SEC

3. GDip

GDip Walk On

4. GDip

GDip Walk On

we will def have a vote on conferences. Just wanted to make a list of things that needed a vote in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

i will have the game next week

6. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I really want the Big 10 but whatever really as long as there is a vote.

7. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I think we should allow players for recruiting alone for RS and play as "good" conferences at least. Ideally it would sweet to fill 4 conferences before release or make confernces (move ND to Big Ten or Texas to SEC) as long as its somewhat realistic from a geographic point of view (i.e. Trojans in ACC)

8. GDip

GDip Walk On

someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But with the problems of importing draft classes in the past, we should be skeptical that those issues will be fixed and probably make decisions as if we will just have draft classes generated by Madden. Of course, we can save the draft files as we go along, in hopes the issues are fixed. But we won't know for sure until Madden is out.

As for conferences I really don't have a team or conference I prefer. But I do think with as many CPU games as we have in NCAA playing with Mid-to-low level teams would at least make those games more challenging = more fun.

9. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can "mod" your schedule to include other teams, So maybe only 1 CPU "mid conference team and the rest user vs user match-ups"

10. GDip

GDip Walk On

yes you can, but from what i remember, by usering that many games teams lost a lot of Rivalry and in-state games, which drastically effects recruiting. I just remember that removing certain games from a teams schedule really caused problems for that team. we can figure it out though

11. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

how? season ticket?

12. GDip

GDip Walk On

in the past some of my favorite games to play were rivalry games even if they were CPU games cuz they were played in special stadiums and would effect recruiting battles

13. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

nope one of my cousins gets it early every year he works at the warehouse ... u know i dont ask how i just say thank u

• Like Like x 1
  14. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

the draft class thing is still up in the air... we don't know if it will even be supported for online franchise yet

• Like Like x 1
  15. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

I would prefer playing as a low level school and building them up. A lot more fun in my eyes.

16. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

^this is usually how I go as well. But I think we're in the minority.

By the time we get a chance to build a couple of recruiting of classes, Madden will come out and I'm pretty sure we'll lose a few people.

17. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

My number 1 choice will be the Illinois Fighting Illini and I am sure they are considered a lower level team. I prefer to build teams as well. I am getting jacked for the release

18. GDip

GDip Walk On

By the time madden comes out I'm guess we'll have finished a max of 1 season. So there won't be much build up at all. Remember, were gonna need to wait 3-5 days until after release to get the named rosters. But once those are ready I'm sure we'll be all set to go.

19. BrewBomber

BrewBomber Walk On

I would love to be the Wisconsin Badgers

20. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

I would personally enjoy a carousel-style league where everyone is ham-jammed into a coordinator spot at a 1-star program and either stays there and builds said program, or moves up to better jobs. It really makes an otherwise dull offseason very, very interesting. It also keeps any two seasons from being the same, as everyone would have a different team almost every season. I've been in such a league with 10+ members for 2 iterations of NCAA now, and it's fantastic.

If we don't go that route, I'd prefer big conferences and I'd want Illinois.

21. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

I want illinois and your suggestion sounds fun to me

22. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

Your want of Illinois is noted... and denied! It's my alma mater. :(

23. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I am a Longhorn fan till death, but obviously I think teams of that caliber will not be allowed. So I am fine with ANY team / conference really. Would like to start around 2-4 star range though. 1-star teams are too low, IMO. I mean last thing I wanna do is play the Rice Owls and North Texas Mean Green every week lol.

24. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

Has a list of prestige ratings been released yet for schools? Just interested to see who falls under 1* and 2*

25. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

• Like Like x 3