Policy for CPU games

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by HotRod, Aug 17, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Policy for CPU games

In the case that someone doesn't have a human opponent to play, I'm leaning towards the user just supersimming the game. The CPU is just too tough on All-Madden. I'm hoping there are not too many instances where this needs to be done, but I am a realist.

So in this case, would you guys be ok with the USER just supersimming a win? It just doesn't seem right to have an alternate play a game in place of a missing owner.

2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

As I've already expressed my concerns on this topic to you via PM, I think you know I am in agreement with this.

I vote yes to supersim CPU opponent games.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And what if I want to play the CPU because I know I'll lose (i.e. supersim against the Patriots is a loss for the Bills 99% of the time.)

I'd rather lose when I'm playing than lose without any of my control over it.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think with 32 members we can find someone to play. Maybe we should get maybe 5 guys per conference similar to what the OMFL does. Because if we supersim and the user loses then he may shit bricks because he may think he may of had a chance if he played. Then on the flip side a user may win a game that he should of lost that could play a major part in the playoff picture. I'd rather for people to earn their W's... because I'd want to earn the 4 that I get this year:)

5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I mean if someone wants to play CPU by all means. You guys know what to expect. There is really no great decision here. I'm just trying to go with the one that leads to the CPU winning 95% of the time regardless of the team.

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I agree with HR that there is no easy decision on this. However, my issue with the above is with the alternates coach selection for CPU game substitutions.

If we went with 1 alternate to play all TMFL league games where a user was against a CPU, that is fine. However, if we get into a situation where we have an alternates pool for coach substitutions, that is where the integrity of the league could be in jeopardy.

Now, lets assume we have 5 alternates chosen for the TMFL coach substitutions. There should be no argument that each of these alternates will be of differing skill sets. Wouldn't everyone in the league be lobbying for the top substitute coach for his CPU games? I think so. In fact, I would be more upset about a loss where I had a sub par substitute coach vs. the option that my game could have been supersimmed.

7. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

good stuff, Supersim for me.

8. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Personally, I don't like the idea of supersimming my games. I want to play all of my games and earn my wins or loses, whether the difficulty is all-pro or all-madden. I don't have a problem with all-madden, I don't think it's impossible to win on this setting (Currently 3-0 in my offline franchise). Yes, it's a challenge but what fun would be it if it wasn't?

However, I have no problem with others supersimming their games.

As far as substitute players, I'm on the fence but leaning more towards not liking the idea. But I trust in HR and am sure he'll make a decision that is best for the league.

9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah after thinking about it and discussing with a couple people I must say I'm not really a fan on the substitute owner policy. I'll probably throw out that option.

It really boils down to the owner. I know myself I'd end up playing the CPU because I feel like I can win the game. Others have expressed disdain for the CPU on All-Madden, so they may chose to supersim. Either option to me is reasonable IMO.

10. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm gonna need a fast QB to cheese the hell out of the CPU on all madden then, LMAO.

11. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

I think you can beat the cpu on all madden , one guy in our other leageu did by 25. I feel if he can I can.

12. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah just saying some people have a lot of difficulty. It's not impossible, but I don't want it to cause people to quit.