POLL: 48 or 72 Hour Advance

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Nov 26, 2012.

?

Could you handle a 48 hour advance if we were to switch to that?

1. Yes

69.2%
  2. No (please explain in the comments)

30.8%
  1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

This is just a poll to gauge opinion. The results of which will not necessarily determine the pace of the league. I just want to see how open everyone would be to expediting the advance since roughly half of our games are vs the CPU.

2. majesty95

3. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

72 hour turnover was one of my main reasons in wanting to join the league. With grad school and work the 72 hour schedule gives me the flexibility to get all my papers written or hw done and play my games. I think I could handle a 48 hour turnover but when the school schedule tightens up 72 hours is nice haha.

That being said I am open to whatever is best for the league. I like the environment here so I would accept the 48 hour switch.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

I'm open to a 48 hour advance...more competition! I'm currently not working, so i'm pretty flexible. But that could change at any minute.

5. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

Could we maybe do something in between, like 60 hour? That'd be 2 1/2 days and the advance deadline would alternate between 11:00pm and 11:00am every week (or whatever if you'd want to change the advance time).

Other than that, I can do either. I'm usually able to knock my stuff out pretty early, so 72 hours doesn't bother me. 48 hours would give the season a more fluid feel, I think, but I wouldn't want to miss out on playing against a User because they were too busy to make the schedule

6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I'm good with either

7. majesty95

Too hard to guarantee a mid-day advance. I could be available that day or I might not. Much easier to guarantee a consistent advance in the evening.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  8. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

I would like maybe a 48-48-72 advance schedule, with the 72 hour span coming on the weekend. Gives a little flexibility while being manageable for most

• Like Like x 2
  9. majesty95

Interesting idea. We could possibly do a TUE, THU and SUN night advance...

• Like Like x 2
  10. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

There's no way I can play that often. If its that often I'd most likely need to leave as I would not be able to keep up.

I have a job that's 100 hours a week. A wife. No way I can keep up

Why change???

11. majesty95

Maybe were trying to get rid of you : p

As I mentioned in the first post, it's not guaranteed that we will change. I just wanted to gauge interest. Some people just like a faster pace so I wanted to see where we are at.

12. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

I think with school, work, and life. It would be hard to play all of the user games in 48 hours. I like the way it is set up now.

13. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

The only thing I don't like is that we've spent two months on a season so far. I think if we do 72 hours advances and advance earlier if everyone is done we can get more weeks done and keep chugging instead of getting tied up on one game

14. majesty95

Well, even at 2 months each thats still 6 seasons. Wouldn't be bad. But yes, I'd like everyone to try and get their CPU games in as early as possible. Nothing worse than waiting in a couple guys to play the CPU.

15. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

I think what everyone forgets is that there really is no harm in putting your team on autopilot ... I play in Hard Knocks and we advance every 48 hours, sometimes earlier, and almost everyone in there is fine with being placed on auto ... everyone at some point will probably have 1 to 3 games played by the cpu ... some guys go longer but the nice thing is that you still keep your core guys around with very lil turnover

Sure we would get through 6 seasons in a yr at a 2 month pace but its hard to keep people interested for a full yr ... I also feel like 2 months is too long but I also understand that not everyone has my schedule either

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I work 20-25 hours a week and go to school. So I am pretty busy and the 72 hours defiantly helps

17. majesty95

I think what woody said is right. As most of you guys get more acclimated to TSO you'll find that Simming a game or two here and there is pretty commonplace in order to keep the league moving.

We can keep it at 72 for now as long as everyone commits to getting their CPU games in as quickly as possible. I think it would be fair to say that if all the user vs user games are done then all the user vs CPU games should be as well...

• Like Like x 3