Poll: AI Difficulty Setting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Jul 13, 2010.

?

What Skill Level Setting Should We Start With?

1. Heisman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. All-American

75.0%
  3. Varsity

25.0%
  4. Freshman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Poll: AI Difficulty Setting

Please play the CPU and HUM opponents online at all levels particularly AA and Heisman.

After you have spent some time with the game please vote what AI Difficulty Setting you would prefer.

We will also of course mess around with sliders once per season as we truck along.

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I'd love to read/hear some comments as to why you guys think one level is better than the other.

Obviously, this is going to come down to Heisman or All-American. Normally, I'd say Heisman to give the CPU a fighting chance. However, this year there are only going to be 4 (5 if you get the MAC team without an owner and 6 if you make a bowl game) potential CPU matchups 8 or (7 if you get the CPU MAC team) against a fellow GBNer.

Right now, I'm on the fence. The CPU is way too easy on default AA but I'm getting my butt handed to me on default Heisman. Hoping that is b/c I was playing on 2 hours sleep yesterday. The AA online games I have played have been pretty good allot of bend and eventually break defense. Not sure if Heisman will help that or if that is just the way the game is going to play this year.

I need more time to decide. Any of you guys wanna run some games on Heisman tonight let me know. I should be around by 6 pm or so EST tonight.

3. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

I've only played one game so far, Central Michigan (me) vs. CPU Eastern Michigan. I won 30-7. They hit a bomb on me late in the game, but otherwise never came close to scoring. This was All-American default. Eastern is the worst-rated team in the game, I think. That score was realistic, based on these teams.

The true test will be when I play even matchups or games in which I'm the underdog. Just been way too busy to play the game yet. I guess I need rosters to really get into it. The roster folks out there don't seem to be sharing partial rosters like guys did in the past, nor do they seem to be as quick with the project. I know, they're free and I should do them myself if I don't like it, but I'm just sayin' is all.

4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I've gotten smoked on Heisman twice. First it was Ohio, and I was using Bad Corso strategy, so they constantly had short fields to work with. Second game I played my Redhawks vs. Florida. HB #2 was impervious to a single tackle and averaged about 12 yards per carry. They won every quarter by 14 points. It may not be far from reality, but I had no chance to pass if I didn't go for the slant or drag route. Brutal stuff...

I'll switch to AA over the weekend.

5. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

After messing with both AA and Heis I feel like Heisman will be the easiest way to fix with a slider set than AA.

I'm scorching the CPU on default AA with even/the same team. On Heisman the games are much more competitive and just a few "slight" tweaks here and there should produce some real good games.

6. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

I have played only a couple games so far, and although Heisman seems tough, I agree with CLW that it can be fixed more easily than AA. Plus, I want to struggle against the computer, and I definitely would with Heisman.

7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

The more I play on heisman the more I'm starting to dislike it. Player ratings seem to mean squat and there are a lot of little interactions that bug the shit outta me (CB's running in front of WR's).

Western Michigan's QB went 27-31 against me with 1 INT and 2 WR drops. That means outta 31 passes only 1 was errant.

If there is anyway to keep the CPU competitive on AA, I would be down.

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I think we can dumb down Heisman to make it work. I have no clue on the sliders, yet, but I'm feeling ok with the chances.

9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Just played Kentucky (CPU) vs Temple (Me) and lost 24-14. Kentucky is rated as B- Overall, B Offense, B- Defense. Temple is C Overall, C+ Offense, C Defense.

I didn't mess with the USER side that much, have read where that can really fug up user v user games.

Game Speed: Normal
    Player Min Speed Threshold: 35
    Heisman
    7 Min Qtrs

SLIDERS

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    User Setting CPU
    40 QB Accuracy 35
    50 Pass Blocking 40
    50 WR Catching 50
    50 RB Ability 55
    50 Run Blocking 50
    50 Pass Coverage 40
    50 Pass Rush 40
    20 Interceptions 50
    45 Rush Defense 40
    50 Tackling 50
    50 FG Power 40
    50 FG Accuracy 50
    50 Punt Power 55
    50 Punt Accuracy 65
    50 Kickoff Power 65

PENALTIES

Column 1 Column 2
    Offsides 60
    False Start 60
    Holding 50
    Facemask 50
    Offensive P.I. 65
    Defensive P.I. 65
    KR/PR Interfernece 50
    Clipping 50
    Intentional Grounding 50
    Roughing Passer 60
    Roughing Kicker 50

STATS

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UK stat Tem
    24 Score 14
    18 1st Downs 14
    340 Total Offense 254
    30-225-3 Rushes-Yards-TD 19-42-1
    12-18-0 Comp-Att-TD 18-33-1
    115 Passing Yards 212
    4-6 3rd Down Conv 6-12
    0-0 4th Down Conv 1-3
    0 Turnovers 0
    0 Punts 1-45
    3-30 Penalties-Yards 1-5
    19:42 T.O.P. 14.55

D. Locke, RB, Kentucky 25 car, 181 yds, 7.2 yds/car
    B. Pierce, RB, Temple 16 car, 39 yds, 2.4 yds/car

- For as well as UK ran the ball, they only had 1 pancake
    - Even though I didn't force a punt, I didn't feel completely helpless on D
    - Slider for CPU QB Accuracy seems about right
    - CPU pass rush still too strong, they break blocks instantaneously on several plays, will lower
    - USER Rush D should be raised back to 50
    - CPU had only 48 plays to my 75, but had much more successful plays
    - No success with 3-4 D so far, it was my best D in '10, may have to change from regular MLB position that I usually control
    - CPU missed a 50 yd FG that had plenty of distance, kicker is 68 OVR with 71 KPW, CPU FG Power still needs lowering
    - I was wrong, Heisman is playable

10. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I think Heisman is the way to go this year. Now we need to focus on the sliders. I have found a pretty good set (discussion in the Sliders thread). Let me know what you guys think of those sliders.

11. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Would rather go 2-10 on Heisman then 5-5 on All American

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I would rather go 2-10 on Heisman....but I don't think I'll have that kind of success.

(n)

13. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Heisman it is.