Poll: Difficulty Preference

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jbbubba, Oct 28, 2012.

?

What difficulty are you most comfortable with?

1. All-Madden default

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. All-Madden with sliders

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. All-Pro with sliders

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. All-Pro as is

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Hey guys. The VFL leadership team is looking to get a general idea of how to fix the issue with the limp biscuit CPU we've been facing. We want to get a general grasp of what difficulty the majority of your guys are and will be comfortable playing with. Simply answer this poll to help us get a better understanding of how you all feel. Feel free to ask questions, this poll will not instantly set anything into motion but may greatly influence our future decision on this issue.

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

If I vote for all-madden with sliders...lets make sure fumbles Are not touched lol...

3. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Haha I think we can do that :p I'm getting tired of fumbling the ball at least once on kickoff returns every game lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

All-Madden with sliders. WR Catching needs to be boosted a bit though. Too many dropped balls with All Madden difficulty

• Like Like x 2
  5. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

Does option 4, [All Pro as is], mean how we have it now or the Default All Pro settings?

6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

How it is now

7. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Hey fellas...ill be honest i am really liking the All Pro sliders. I play nothing but All Madden with hard sliders and the way we currently have it set up, i have never played more organic football. The CPU is actually a challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  8. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Lol. This drives me nuts. Haha. I have actually had games like what you mention but then my game against the Bears I literally had to run into the line to get tackled. AD had 200 yards on 9 carries and I had JUST made he sliders more difficult at advance. Sigh. I don't know what else to do.

FWIW, I did bump them up again after our game so we can see how those go but I'm not opposed to All-Madden if everyone else is on board. I just don't want to leave a soldier behind so to speak. ;)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  9. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

Do sliders effect simulated games between two cpu teams? Just wondering for my offline mode league - cpu vs cpu games are mostly ending with scores in high 40's and low 50's, and just about all the cpu QBs are throwing 300+ YG and 3-4 TDs a game without picks.

I even tried the same sliders we use on here offline, and my games against cpu are fine (just like on here), just the cpu vs cpu that's ruining it

10. majesty95

I don't think sliders affect sims. I think the sim engine handles that and I do not believe that can be adjusted.

11. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

*Nvm. Just simmed to the end of the season to see if it'd continue every week, but it seems to have balanced itself out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Hope Im not intruding here.

There is some debate regarding this topic but I will post what I have come to believe. Please take it as face value as I can be incorrect in some of this information.

From what I have read, researched and tested when using custom sliders, the All-Pro or All-Madden debate does not apply. Your custom sliders are what decide wether you are at AP or AM diffulculty.
    For example, when you set your league to either All-Pro or All-Madden in CC the USER sliders automatically adjust. For All-Pro all the user sliders will go to 50. When you set it to All-Madden all but 2 user sliders go to 25.(Two stay at 50,not sure why.)

To figure out if your custom slider set is All-Pro or All-Madden you can use simple math. The sliders are grouped into sets of threes. The groups are Passing, Running, Pass Defense and Rush Defense.
    QB Acc, Pass Blocking & WR Catching make up the Passing slider set. At All-Pro the three sliders for this set are each set at 50 for a total of 150. If this set is adjusted in any way to give you a total of 151+ your Passing Slider set goes from All-Pro to Pro diffulculty. At All-Madden difulculty, the user Passing sliders are set @ 25 each for a total of 75. If any of these sliders are adjusted to give you 76+ you have now gone from All-Madden passing to All-Pro. This applies for the remaining user sliders.

So wether you choose Rookie or All-Madden only the actual number of your custom slider affects what diffulculty you are playing at. Depending on how you set your sliders, you can have an All-Madden passing set and an All-Pro running set. So instead of being either completely All-Madde or All-Pro you are actuall somehwere inbetween the two.

I have failed to test how the kick meter is affected by AP or AM but I would assume it is faster on AM than AP.

• Like Like x 2
  13. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Good insight on the sliders Jeremy and makes sense to me

LLCoolGrey I have had a completely different experience versus CPU ... I've played two games now and I have dominated both very early in the game and had to slow my offense down in the second half of boths games while playing some of my rookie reserves to get some solid playing time ... I think I held the CPU to 150 to 170 yds in the first game (Texans) and then 90 yds (Colts while knocking out Luck) in the second game ... not really being challenged from my end of the field ... I am very curious as to why its so easy for myself and majesty and other users are being challenged, sometimes actually losing ... very perplexing to say the least

I will refrain from voting based on Jeremy's assessment ... I think what we need to do is vote on what we adjust the sliders too

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

You're not intruding man, we always welcome outside opinion!

Your belief makes a lot of sense to me. So the difficulty doesn't change anything behind the scenes, simply quickly alters the sliders? So in theory, perhaps we should be asking what problems we see stats wise, such as too many fumbles, dropped balls, ease/difficulty of passing and running, and the like?

15. Jeremy

This is my theory and how I go about it. Some guys I have come across believe the opposite. They believe that in addition to slider adjustment the setting of Rookie, Pro,All-Pro or All-Madden does indeed affect the AI.
    The reason I do not believe this is the case is this. I set my CC at All-Madden diffulculty which lowers user sliders to 25. I then jacked up every slider to 100 which would put me at Rookie diffulculty. I played a quarter and I was indeed playing at rookie diffulculty as nearly everything I tried resulted in a TD for me or a negative play for the the CPU offense. So if the setting of All-Madden does indeed supercede user sliders, I should have seen some All-Madden play, like lowered QB acc, run blocking etc etc, but it was exactly the opposite. I excelled in every area. Also, keep in mind I DID NOT adjust CPU sliders. They are set on 50 at default wether rookie,All-Pro or All-Madden.

16. majesty95

I'm not sure why there is so much variability. I wonder if it has something to do with a user being in auto vs just a CPU opponent? I know that shouldn't make sense but something is causing some games to be challenging and others to be easy.

I've adjusted the sliders and Crumbler81 and Jbbubba will test them in their CPU games and see what they experience.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jeremy is right. Difficulty level is just a pre-determined set of sliders. It will establish the base settings and you can adjust from there. Once you adjust the sliders, you will be customizing the difficulty level based on the attributes affected by the sliders which you are adjusting. Since you have some CPU controlled teams, you'll want your user sliders to be different than the CPU sliders. User games and the CPU games play entirely different. The sliders should have no affect on simulated game results; however, the actual player attributes will.

• Like Like x 1
  18. majesty95

I would say our sliders are on Hall of Fame level then now : D

19. Jeremy

I have not messed around much with CPU sliders as in our league we have not ran into too many open teams. The set we are using now is putting the CPU at a very low diffulculty. We need to adjust sliders to give a more realistic gameplay.

When I say low diffulculty, I think we have all our cpu sliders set around 25 or maybe even lower.

20. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Jeremy

Aren't you the same guy that joined our league and then quit 3 days later??

21. majesty95

He is and I've actually had others ask why he is posting in our threads. We are an open community and welcome input from others. However, those that have chose to leave have to understand that they will be looked at with a raised eyebrow. There is no need to question or comment any further on that topic. We appreciate his input and wish him the best in his league.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.