Poll: Extend Trade Max to 3 Per Season

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jan 26, 2011.

?

Extend trade max to 3 from 2.

1. Yes

92.9%
  2. No

7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Ya or Nay?

I am for it. It gives owners additional flexibility. I know Tennessee is a yes, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i think it should actually be more.. not that i trade that much, but i feel it would add to the activity..

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I like it for a newer guy like myself who missed out on the first season, to catch up personalizing my team.

5. Keller

Then I'd have to approve 50 titans trades every season, plus update all the spreadsheet stuff :)

6. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I'll be the voice of negativity here. the constant concern is of course that a new owner comes in, vaporizes his team, goes 2-14, and quits, then we cant get anyone to take that team. Understandably a bigger concern in a full league, but we are more than 2.3rds full and I expect our new owners to boost that even more.

This is not a criticizim of any particular owner, but often it appreas that some guys jsut want to trade for the fun of trading. it adds work for Keller or I or Rush, whomever is having to fix the back end. your average NFL team makes LESS than 1 trade a year. follows the Week 6 deadline. and overvalues draft picks. I like 2.

7. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

im not going too crazy for now. my team is pretty personalized now. i got my guys now, this team is almost tailored to my style 100%

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I would argue the less than 1 trade a year number. There were a flurry of trades this last draft season. The reason for less trades at times is the fluidity of free agency. But in most of these Franchises, the big name players don't go out on the free market as much as they do in real football. It is difficult to compare trades to real life when the other aspects of the offseason and personnel moves also do not reflect real life.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ChickenOfTheSea

Of course just my opinion here, but this past season is a major anomoly with it being an Uncapped year. Perhaps I should have said historically the average NFL team makes less than one trade a year and overvalues Draft picks.
    I totally agree with the difficulty in comparing Madden to the NFL, its a weak comparison but one we constantly make in the interest of "Sim". If we were able to play unlimited seasons, where the choices we make were able to be played out, I'd be more inclined to have a free-er hand. Or if guys were all premier members. Then there is at least a little financial incentive to see your excessive team rebuilds through.

Again, its just this guys opinion, if the majority vote moves us up to 3 trades and I see 3 trades that will improve my team i will make all 3 :)

10. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I am okay with 3 as long as we don't go overboard after 3. I think 3 could be in the right slot, however, we may need to look into the possibility of like Seachicken said that before someone can make trades if they come in during the season that we have a waiting period before they are allowed to make trades to avoid someone coming in and blowing up a team. I will agree to three but no more than that.

11. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

How can a team be blown up when we have a trade approval crew to make sure all trades are fair.

12. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

that didnt even cross my mind, ur kinda right i guess

13. ChickenOfTheSea

Just because a trade is fair, for example if Brady and Suh were rated the same. Tom brady for Ndamakung Suh, that doesnt mean that it doesnt intrinsically change a team for an incoming owner. Think back to when Madden identified particular players as team "Icons" Thats why at times you will see the TC reject trades that appear to match point for point, however there is a point where we cant just reject trades because we feel it modifies an original team too much. Additionally the trading of draft picks can really set a team back. Depending on cap and age.

14. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Ok I can understand that.

So does do the CPU use any type of method when they cut players for room for draft picks like cut the 7 lowest rated players or is it random.

15. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

I voted yes, but at the start of Madden 12, I wouldn't mind seeing it back to 2. This being our 3rd year, we are away from the original season enough to let more changes happen.

16. ChickenOfTheSea

I'm pretty sure its the lowest guy at the position you draft. but it might be lowest overall......................Or since its Tiburon maybe its strictly alphabetic :) Adrian Peterson before Assbad Bahckup Muhahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  17. Keller

Closing this - Its pretty clear.

We may go back to 2 trades for Madden 12 but for now, 3 trades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.