[POLL] Game Speed

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, Sep 30, 2013.

?

Should the TFS make the switch from Slow Speed to Normal Speed?

1. Yes - halfway through the season

60.0%
  2. Yes - but wait until the season is over

26.7%
  3. No- keep the game speed on Slow

13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Simple question: What do you prefer, Normal or Slow?

2. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

don't want to put a slant on anything......
    but slow or die!!

3. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Slow is too freaking slow this year.. Making it even less enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

i'm leaning toward normal. been trying out both, but after playing HokieNYC back-to-back on slow then normal last night, normal just seems a lot more fluid. Slow on top of an already slower gameplay feel seems like overkill to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

I feel normal favours those that like playing season matches. Ala lob passes and through balls all throughout the game.

Also quick question and maybe off topic, but what is the difference between crosses into the box and crosses from the mid field to your furthest player? Answer is they both lead to goal scoring chances 7 out of 10 times. Like breakaway chances. I know crosses are discouraged and frowned upon since they are overpowered, but if my opponent is just lobbing it up their to the forward then hell I see nothing wrong with cross after cross. Am I wrong?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

crosses into the box usually can be contended by a defender and can be headed away (and usually aren't auto-goals, at least I'm hoping for that after the patch). crosses from the midfield are harder to connect on (on semi-assisted), but can lead to a breakaway if converted (a lot easier to do on assisted controls). I never really cross from the midfield because it's so hard to control on semi controls, but someone shouldn't be doing that all game long either hoping one of them works out... but also at the same time, you shouldn't combat poor/discouraged play with some similar play of your own. If you have an issue with someone being too one-dimensional and cheap, then talk to them post-match and/or notify your commish.

7. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Gotcha, yeah I don't like crossing. As most of my friendly opponents can tell you. Although I do mix a cross here in there, since it's a lot more difficult to go wide then back to the middle for a shot. I'm just playing devils advocates. I do dislike though, that even though they are harder, those square lobs almost always land to the offensive player.

And as I write this Lukaku scores. Oh c'mon TOON.

8. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

I think what you are saying is 2 different things. One is cheap cross to find a lucky header and score, the other one is long overhead pass.

9. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

and for crossing alongside the sideline into the box- as of right now, we all know it's easier to score headers this year. But in the games I've played against people here, I think most people are managing them well and not abusing them. It's one thing to be running along the line and hitting your ST in stride as he enters the box... it's another to run outside and just kick in crosses into traffic all game long hoping one pans out. But damn, c'mon patch!

• Like Like x 1
  10. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

How in the world does this statement make any sense? If anything, lob passes and through balls are easier to complete on the slow setting.

11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I generally prefer slow gameplay in any game, but I think normal speed is sufficient this year. I almost feel as if people want to play on slow for the sake of playing on slow

12. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Only 1/3 of the league has voted so far.

FWIW I can barely tell the difference between the two, but I prefer (as I have since F11) the slow speed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

can I change my vote to "I don't care"?

• Like Like x 3
  14. HokieNYC

HokieNYC Walk On

All this crossing issues- I have a 6'3" German Striker on my squad-- how should I get him the ball? This patch cant come soon enough b/c every headed goal will come with an asterisk this whole version of the Game...

As for Game Speed- I find SLOW gives the Defense way to much advantage- at least in Normal- if you are smarter/faster/better than your opponent you can get him/her and get a decent window to shoot before you are closed down- in slow- its virtually impossible to pass your way to a goal. Played Bronco and it was more fluid on both attack and defense-

• Like Like x 2
  15. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

this is part of the reason why I chose not to draft Stoke, as I had them narrowed down to one of my final few teams. Every time I would've headed it in w/ Crouch, I would've felt like it was almost cheating. But for now at least, I'd say just make sure crossing isn't your only method of attack... I think we're all trying to stay away from ever really forcing in crosses for the time being, with forcing being the keyword there.

16. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

I voted "slow". But, maybe I haven't had enough chances to play on normal speed. I played a friendly yesterday with guayo10 and it was painful on slow. We had a combined total of 7 shots, 3 on goal. One goal was scored, and it was luck. Part of the problem with the friendly was the slow pace made it difficult to string together passes. The defense definitely had the advantage and the game was frustrating more than fun.

With that being said, I may need to play more friendlies on normal to see if it's better. So, if anyone would like to play some friendlies on normal, hit me up. We can crank the time down to 5 or 6 minute halfs just to gauge the difference.

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

If you're on now....

I have to play more with Normal speed as well. I've struggled trying to string passes together. Played gutnedawg the other night and it was frustrating to try and get an attack going into the opponents third through the middle. As well, I struggled to get back defensively. My team seemed sluggish throughout the entire game. It may have been the 3-4-3, but it was frustrating.

18. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

Yeah, I'll be on in a few minutes. Want to playa few with short halves?

19. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

I voted for slow. Normal still seems too arcade-ish.

20. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Sounds good.

21. gutnedawg

gutnedawg Walk On

Did you set it up? I have been using slow. Also the 3-4-3 is susceptible to counter attacks so who knows

22. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Do we have a decision yet for the matches that open tomorrow?

23. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

We're going to go with slow. If we need to adjust we'll do so on-the-fly. But we'll start with lobbies, slow and 10 minutes. And remember that in lobbies, the match automatically takes you to extra time after the full 90, so get stats BEFORE that happens.

24. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Doesn't it allow you to make changes before the start of ET? I'm assuming that's when the away team quits?

25. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

yessir

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.