Poll: Heisman vs. All-American

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jun 13, 2012.

?

What levels should we use? All-American or Heisman?

1. All-American Gameplay, All-American Recruiting

12.5%
  2. All-American Gameplay, Heisman Recruiting

50.0%
  3. Heisman Gameplay, All-American Recruiting

12.5%
  4. Heisman Gameplay, Heisman Recruiting

25.0%
  1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

So we have mildly discussed but not really. Here's my thoughts with regards to difficulty levels:

Gameplay
    All-American is a bit easy. Last year we all won all the time for the most part. I mean we lost some to be sure (think we had only one undefeated season period)... but all of us with winning records basically all the time (unrealistic). However, Heisman for 1-star horrid teams carousel league would be brutal. I'll admit: we don't seem to be the uber-competitive make sliders super difficult bunch and rather enjoy just cheering each other on and climb the ladder. But it was too easy. And I for one would welcome losing seasons more. Add to this that a lot of the guys around absolutely lauded the Heisman sliders (not lame and unrealistic like they used to be). What are ya'lls thoughts? But be sure of this: what I am not looking to become is a slider guru nor am I welcoming other slider gurus (always painful in our experience). So... (understanding we need to see the game first) All-American or Heisman?

Recruiting
    I think Heisman recruiting would be a blast. But again, as we already talked about this, give some time to think.. cuz I imagine for 1-star crap teams we would struggle immensely at the beginning (can you handle all 1-stars for a year or two?). My thinking with this is if we go All-American gameplay we should up recruiting... but just remember: you're gonna have to be patient. Maybe vice-versa is also an option (Heisman gameplay with All-American recruiting to offset). So... All-American or Heisman?

Would love to hear some thoughts from outsiders on the All-American vs. Heisman levels form all angles (cuz I do think starting as a bottom-barrel coaching carousel league matters. If we were going big teams, I'd really push for Heisman everything this year.)

2. Luke

Luke Walk On

I vote Heisman for both.

3. vatechhokie01

Luke, you didn't even have time to read my comments before you voted you little ADD cheetos munching teenager, lol. You sure?

4. vatechhokie01

I will add: last year, if you remember, we weren't all absolutely terrible teams, and the records lined up pretty well with this... the better teams won and the lower teams lost. UNLV was tough. And they weren't even the worst.

My biggest concern is climbing the ladder too fast. Last year, we climbed the ladder to fast.

5. Luke

Luke Walk On

lol I skimmed most of it.

I just want it to be hard to move up as well. We all shouldn't have winning records every year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

agreed, i voted AA and Heisman with the thought process that we can adjust if needed moving forward.

7. Goose

Goose Walk On

I say we start the warm up season with our teams on AA/AA. I people are kicking ass and taking names, we'll definitely go Heisman/Heisman. But we are going to be shitty teams. If it's too hard right out of the gates our shitty teams are only going to get shittier.

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yeah I would hate to end up a DC at EMU because I cant win shit at FAU

• Like Like x 1
  9. Luke

Luke Walk On

This is a good point as well.

10. vatechhokie01

See... I would love for you to end up a DC at EMU.

I was actually gonna say we should do default season with AA gameplay and Heisman recruiting. You know what AA recruiting offers with good teams... we've never had a problem recruiting. I'll go on record right now as saying it will be REALLY tough for me to go for All-American recruiting UNLESS we go Heisman gameplay. if we go All-American gameplay I think we have to go Heisman recruiting.

Guess there's no real good way. my only fear is some of you nannies are gonna start crying if you go 2-10 and have like 3 -stars the first year. Me? I'm all man as we know... no crying ever (lol)

11. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I say we do heisman/heisman for the fake league. We can gauge how hard its going to be right off the bat.

Adjust kicking slider and pass interference slider PLZZZZZ

12. vatechhokie01

dude we've always had pass INT on 100... nothing else we can do.

13. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I know. That partt of the game will never get fixed

14. vatechhokie01

i like the idea of doing Heisman-Heisman during our trial run. just know because of the new mechanics we are all gonna lose with even our good teams, no doubt.

looks like All-American/Heisman is winning out!

15. Luke

Luke Walk On

I'm cool with All-American Heisman. In probably underestimating how bad our teams are.

16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

again, its one of those things, who knows until we play a game and a season. I think I might take a crap team in the practice round just to see how its working ya dig

17. vatechhokie01

take who ever you want.

just can't be reiterated enough: there's a tension between impatience with losing and taking the long-view.

My promotion, which I think is most's but still (trust me) will be difficult for some is this: difficult equals longer replayabiility. we win, yippee, you feel good about yourself, but then after 3 seasons everyone is at a BCS school winning 10 games a year. I personally would rather go 2-10, 3-9, 6-6 the first 3 years...

but
    a) can people truly handle this? and
    b) as mullen pointed out, will the carousel logic fire you, which negates the long-view completely

18. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

The CC will fire you if you fail to meet coaching goals. Recruiting, wins, bowl appearances, rivalry wins are typically goals for HCs.

Its not as if the teams you're playing with are playing SEC schedules. If you would feel good on heisman with South Carolina in the SEC you should be fine on heisman with San Jose in the WAC.

Oh, and dont be a bunch of little girls! :p
    Play on heisman!

• Like Like x 1
  19. vatechhokie01

this is kind of how I feel. we've never done and mostly cuz i think the perception is that heisman still "cheats" what's your take on how they've reworked heisman? no cheating?

20. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Heisman will definitely "cheat" in the sense that the game will be more difficult than the rating indicate. At all american the cpu plays at their ratings, at heisman they are better. Typically though, users are better on the sticks and better at playcalling than the cpu so it should even out.

Besides, if you all go 2-10 with terrible teams you can just tuck your tail between your legs and go AA in season 2.

21. vatechhokie01

lol... well the issue we have is that the majority of our guys (the mullens, mormons, and bonners of the world) are atrocious players.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Goose

Goose Walk On

Very true.

23. vatechhokie01

Goose, btw, that Sim-Nation banner is pretty relevant these days huh ;)

24. Goose

Goose Walk On

You're just jealous that you don't have one.

[​IMG]

25. vatechhokie01

Goose... I want to get clarification: did you just post an internet "meme" with a kitten on it?