Poll: OLB/DE switch with limitations

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by kdpnutter, Dec 5, 2011.

?

Should DE/OLB or OLB/DE be allowed to change spots with providing proof they have played it before

1. Yes, as long as you provide proof before putting them there

93.3%
  2. No, keep them at there position's Madden has given them

6.7%
  1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Okay, I put up about Dumervil moving to OLB from DE and was told it had to go to a vote so everyone was on board with it.

In order to limit this some because it can be exploited with the OLB to DE becoming a freak of nature. In order to be able to move the player to DE/OLB or OLB/DE you need to be able to provide proof that the player has in fact played that position.

As for rookies, we can discuss that at a later time I'm talking about players that are currently in the league and the key to it is, being able to provide proof the player has played the position before.

Feel free to provide your opinion with your vote (y)

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The move from OLB to DE is not up for discussion.

DE to OLB is. Just wanted to clarify that.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

hoppedupford does that change your vote?

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I have no problem with DE to OLB, especially if the player in question has played OLB before, but OLB to DE is way too overpowered.

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Yes, that is my fault this is talking about a DE to OLB. If for some reason I were to go back to the 4-3 then yes Dumervil would probably go back to DE but I have been a 3-4 team for years so I feel to stick with it.

6. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

The reason I say no is because I disagreed about Cowboys switching Ware to DE. He has a good point though about the player playing the position before. The only problem I see with doing this is the fact that owners may want to start changing other players to other postitions.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

just to clarify ware played end in college..i don't think its fair to say one, but not the other. in ware's case hes not going from a 79 olb to a 99 de. he was going from a 98 olb to a 98 de.

8. Keller

True he did - the point is we can't make an exception for Ware and then say players like Merriman or whoever make the switch too.

It has to be one way but not the other.

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Exceptions can always be made. Everything can be done on a case by case basis. I think there should be some sort of attribute or size limitations on the move. Like, if I were to switch to 4-3, there should be no reason Mario Williams wouldnt be able to go back to DE, which he played most of his career up until this year.

10. Keller

Then put up a poll I guess.

If people want to micromanage who can play DE and who can't, then more power to em. I don't want to deal with it personally - case by case basis? Really? You're going to have people drafting LBers specifically to play DE, you realize that right?

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yes case by case basis. First of all, make attribute and size guidelines, that would filter out most of it. Minimum required weight, height and str. And possibly a cap on speed

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

A poll isnt always the answer either. As a commish, take feedback from the group and then make the best decision. That decision is then final. You won't please everyone, but you gotta do whats best for the league and what is most logical...

13. Keller

My decision is different from what everyone else apparently wants, thats why I'm asking for a poll. I want to see who really wants to go that route because obviously I am strongly against it. I need to see good reason to make my life more difficult, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

But restricting someone like Mario Williams from playing a 4-3 end is logical and a good answer? Make a filter similar to NCAA position change limits implemented in many leagues

15. Keller

Don't get me wrong - Mario makes the most sense to me - but its a slippery slope.

Like I said, make a poll - lets see who really wants to dig deeper and make a change.

16. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

A 255 or 260 lb minimum would be a good catch all for a lot of it. There shouldnt be many or any 220 lb ends...

17. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Back when I was playing last year I was allowed to play Ware at DE. It makes sense because he plays that position all the time. My opinion this should be the guidline....

1. Player must play the position in the NFL on a regular basis (not many that do)
    2. If hes not a NFL player he must be approved to do so
    3. Can only be subbed in not play the entire game there

18. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Ware has never played DE in the NFL.

19. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

If players are moved to different position than I am moving my TE Pascoe to FB. He is playing fullback for the Giants

20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I think he should be able to as well. Many teams in the NFL are using TEs to play both TE or FB. The FB position is a dying one in the NFL

21. Keller

To clarify - the rule has always been that the player can be subbed in on packages. The distinction is people want to start using players there full time, not just in certain packages.

22. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Ohhhhhh

23. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I'd be okay with it if the player has played a majority of a season at that position. Like if someone wanted to move Ngata from DE to DT