1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Poll: Quarter Length

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Jul 13, 2010.

?

How many minute quarters?

1. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 7

50.0%
  4. 8

50.0%
  1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Poll: Quarter Length

How many minute quarters do we want to play?

In the past, we have always gone with 6. It doesn't give a realistic # of plays but tends to give the best results in terms of other numbers. I believe somewhere between 5-8 is the magic # so those will be the only options unless someone can convince me otherwise.

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I love it when people vote and don't/can't explain their reasoning for said vote. Looks like I got a bunch of Obama supporters in the GBN this year. Just sayin' (y)

3. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

No Obama supporter here ;)

I like 7 or 8 minutes. I voted for 8. I hate when someone has a long possession and the next thing you now the quarter is over. Plus, it would cool if our running backs get somewhat of a realistic number for carries in a game. I think statistics as a whole will project better with 7-8 minute quarters. Just my opinion.

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Voted 7...Honestly don't have much preference. 7 minutes has always gave me pretty realistic stats

5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I voted for 6.

Why? Fuck you. That's why.

Show some passion up in here!

Unless you really want 7, then i'll be perfectly content to have 7 min qtrs.

6. yragha1

yragha1 Walk On

I don't have to explain myself... lol.

I voted with Roady.

7. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

My bad. I picked eight-minute quarters, because that seems to get realistic game stats, based on past experience. If human vs. human games get to be too high-scoring (sliders may fix that), then a drop to 7-minute quarters isn't too bad.

8. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

People voting for six-minute quarters may have an online league mindset. This is dynasty mode and we're trying to get accurate end-of-season stats for our players so they can be in the running for awards and shizzle. Playing the CPU in 6-minute quarter games will result in lower stats, based on my experience.

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Nah, I voted for 6 just because it'll save at least 20 minutes of real life time.

10. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I played an 8 min quarter game last night and got pretty realistic results in the # of plays and stats.

I'm personally leaning in the 8 min vote direction myself but haven't made a final decision yet.

11. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

7 mins has a good feel to it.Not to long and numbers equate to a regular game

12. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Plurality wins. 8 Mins.