Poll: Quarter Length

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Jul 13, 2010.

?

How many minute quarters?

1. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 7

50.0%
  4. 8

50.0%
  1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Poll: Quarter Length

How many minute quarters do we want to play?

In the past, we have always gone with 6. It doesn't give a realistic # of plays but tends to give the best results in terms of other numbers. I believe somewhere between 5-8 is the magic # so those will be the only options unless someone can convince me otherwise.

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I love it when people vote and don't/can't explain their reasoning for said vote. Looks like I got a bunch of Obama supporters in the GBN this year. Just sayin' (y)

3. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

No Obama supporter here ;)

I like 7 or 8 minutes. I voted for 8. I hate when someone has a long possession and the next thing you now the quarter is over. Plus, it would cool if our running backs get somewhat of a realistic number for carries in a game. I think statistics as a whole will project better with 7-8 minute quarters. Just my opinion.

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Voted 7...Honestly don't have much preference. 7 minutes has always gave me pretty realistic stats

5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I voted for 6.

Why? Fuck you. That's why.

Show some passion up in here!

Unless you really want 7, then i'll be perfectly content to have 7 min qtrs.

6. yragha1

yragha1 Walk On

I don't have to explain myself... lol.

I voted with Roady.

7. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

My bad. I picked eight-minute quarters, because that seems to get realistic game stats, based on past experience. If human vs. human games get to be too high-scoring (sliders may fix that), then a drop to 7-minute quarters isn't too bad.

8. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

People voting for six-minute quarters may have an online league mindset. This is dynasty mode and we're trying to get accurate end-of-season stats for our players so they can be in the running for awards and shizzle. Playing the CPU in 6-minute quarter games will result in lower stats, based on my experience.

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Nah, I voted for 6 just because it'll save at least 20 minutes of real life time.

10. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I played an 8 min quarter game last night and got pretty realistic results in the # of plays and stats.

I'm personally leaning in the 8 min vote direction myself but haven't made a final decision yet.

11. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

7 mins has a good feel to it.Not to long and numbers equate to a regular game

12. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Plurality wins. 8 Mins.