Poll: Recruiting Difficulty Setting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Jul 13, 2010.

?

What Recruiting Difficulty Setting Should We Use?

1. Heisman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. All-American

55.6%
  3. Varsity

44.4%
  4. Freshman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Poll: Recruiting Difficulty Setting

New this year to NCAA 11 is the ability to adjust the difficulty of recruiting. Please mess around with it and see which level you feel gives you the most sim results.

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Anyone messed with this at all? I haven't done anything with recruiting yet.

3. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

I just made a dynasty to fool around with and did a few weeks of recruiting on Heisman. Its definitely hard, but of course it should be as a 1 star program such as WMU. I will do some more experimenting before I cast my vote, but I am leaning on Heisman.

On a different note, the new point system for recruiting is pretty cool. Granted, it kind of computerizes the whole concept of recruiting and makes recruiting a kid like playing a pinball machine, but it definitely beats those creepy faces you saw during the calls in the last couple of NCAA's.

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I said AA. I played around with Tennessee and lost ground on a few guys after offering schollies and 3-4 pitches. The only time I had success on Heisman was by only having 10 guys on my board and maxing the time allotted.

I don't have any problem with Heisman, it is a challenge.

5. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Yeah I'm messing around with it right now and I'm leaning AA.

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah its difficult on heisman. But I'm down for whatever

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Has there been other recruiting tactics discussed? I've seen something slick from another dynasty. You can only list 35 guys. Once your recruiting board is filled, that's it. You got to wait for walk ons.

8. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Thats all well and good but can it be policed? If not, I'm not a fan of having rules that I can lay the lumber down on people for violating. Also I don't think people are truly appreciating how F'n difficult it is going to be recruiting on Heisman with these schools as is.

9. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Do you mean you only get to fill your recruiting board in preseason and not add/drop anyone from the board during the whole season??? If so, I think thats a bit ridiculous and also very unrealistic. Real college teams send recruiting mail to a couple hundred recruits every year to gauge their interest and often start really recruiting kids late in the year if they strike out on their bigger targets. So not only is it unrealistic, I think we would all have about 8 walk-ons for each recruiting class which would kill us.

Yeah I think AA is looking more and more like the best option.

10. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I believe it would be easy to police. Submit your list of 35 recruits to CLW. If your freshman class, pre-walkon, has guys not on that list, they need to get axed.

They way my team will play, I might want to re-vote for Varsity recruiting.

11. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Hey Roady. Sim a season with your Miami (OH) club and do only the recruiting and ONLY recruit 35 players on your board on Heisman and if you grab more than 10 recruits I'd be shocked.

12. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Heisman would allow diversity more for a power league with all top 15 teams in it.All American has its own disadvantages for mid tier schools.But for us small schools we are already at a disadvantage.Most of us have pipelines right into the major bulk of some big conference recruiting.Gonna vote All American but wouldn't hate the idea of Heisman either.

13. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Tie goes to the commish. All-American

14. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Never saw this post til today, but i trust the other opinions. I'll have a tough enough time recruiting guys to Oxford when i got 1-10. Fuck Heisman.

15. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Heisman is great lol