Polls

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Im going to start to try and do one of these every couple of weeks to keep people up on things.

[​IMG]

Remember these guys are ranked by coaches poll currently and the media poll is also listed for reference. I'll use the BCS once it comes out.

Interesting Notes: Oklahoma is #1 in the media polls but 5 in the coaches poll. Maryland is 12 in the coaches poll but 7 in the media poll. If the National Championship were played today I believe it would be Bama vs Stanford. Can Andrew Luck bring a national championship to Palo Alto for the first time since 1926?

Moving up?
    Everyone between 2 and 10 got bumped up because #2 Texas lost. Maryland is the biggest jumper, moving up 5 spots after beating Michigan State. Michigan and Nebraska jump Clemson. Georgia jumps 2 spots. Florida State jumps 4 spots to #18. Texas A&M jumps 4 spots to number 20. Iowa gets ranked at 22 after being unranked.

Moving down?
    Michigan State falls to #21 in the coaches poll from 13th with their latest loss. Texas drops to #10 after a loss. Clemson is fighting concerns from an early season loss to Maryland and gets hopped by two teams. Penn State falls to #25 from #20.

2. Keller

[​IMG]
    Hello, and welcome to anodder edition of Bill Swerski's Superfans. I'm Bob Swerski, sittin in for my brodder Bill, who's recovering from his most recent heart attack.....
    Just kidding...

Interesting Notes:
    Now the BCS is out so lets get to work. The top teams remain relatively stable with my earlier predicted Bama #1 Stanford #2 sticking despite Stanford being ranked #3 in the Coaches Poll. I think, unless 1 of those two teams lose, thats our national championship. Bama still obviously has the SEC title game but also tough games against LSU(5-3) and Auburn(3-5). The SEC title game should feature the Gators and the Tide with the winner playing for a national championship. Stanford must still play UCLA(3-6) (bfmvivi) who's been making some noise as of late. Stanford barely escaped a loss in an overtime thriller against Oregon State last week but if they get past UCLA it should be smooth sailing to a national title shot against the winner of the SEC.

The other main story has to be in the ACC with the unbeaten #6 Virginia Tech Hokies and #7 Maryland Terrapins both sitting undefeated vying for a spot in the ACC championship game. Maryland still must go through NC State(4-5) and their new head coach(BlondeRedhead.)

Moving up?
    Utah(8-0) jumped 5 spots last week. BCS busters anyone? I'll mark them down now for a spot in a BCS bowl. Texas A&M moved up to 20 from 27. Penn State moved up 3 spots to 19 and Georgia moved up 2 spots to 18. Michigan jumps Ohio State moving from 12 to 10. Northwestern moves from being unranked to making their BCS debut at 25.

Moving down?
    Iowa(5-2) drops from 19 to 23, Ohio State(5-1) and Michigan State(6-2) get jumped by Michigan(6-1) despite not losing and TCU(5-2) drops from 14 to 15.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

nice work keller

4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Nice keller. Might borrow this idea for another league im in.

5. Keller

Trying to get something going on around here yanno?

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I finally get ranked, and then I lose to OSU, the Wildcats may get ranked again if they can beat Michigan at the end of the year

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

scUM probably jumped me because they have less losses, that's OK, they won't win the Big Ten if I have any say