Polls?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by einstein313, Aug 22, 2009.

1. einstein313

einstein313 Walk On

Polls?

I cant understand how Ohio state who started the year out better then ole miss and florida state can be behind in the polls. Can anyone explain to me how a week school like ole miss and a school from a weaker confrence such as FSU can be higher then A Power house from the big 10

2. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

welcome to the BCS.. someone has to get screwed. sounds like your up against the BCS Gods.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Indeed...

4. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

It doesnt matter what the school's past is. This years version of Ole Miss is pretty damn good and their past should not has no impact on the BCS rankings. And speaking of the BCS rankings you are currently 2nd anyways....but an Ole Miss victory over Bama would put them over you. And as for Florida State, the win over the Gators is what put them over the top. This is all just another case of BCS mayhem.....Time for a damn playoff system. PLAYOFFS!?? Yes Jim Mora we are talking about Playoffs. Here are the Title Game Scenarios as i see them...

FSU and Ole Miss are both in with wins in their respective conference championship games

Ohio State is in with a loss by 1 or both of FSU and Ole Miss

Oklahoma will be in if it knocks off Kansas State in the Big12 title game and both FSU and Ole Miss lose

Texas will be in if FSU Ole Miss, and Oklahoma all lose

5. einstein313

einstein313 Walk On

But how can ole miss jump me i have never seen a team start out higher then another team and they both be from powerhouse confrences and both go undefeated and get jumpes

6. smace767

smace767 Walk On

The game shows the coaches poll ranking but if you go to the polls, ohio st is # 2 in the media and BCS polls. but you guys have the same BCS number.

Strength of schedule. Disregard the users but look at the ranks of who they played. FSU is clearly #1.

7. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

After looking over the schedules i do believe Ohio State should be in the title game..wins over USC, Notre Dame, and Michigan....Ole Miss's best were against Iowa, Alabama, and LSU, and those 2 conference wins were both at home

8. einstein313

einstein313 Walk On

Thats what Im saying

9. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

By the way, just to let you guys know, I think there's a glitch for online dynasty this year that the schedules don't flip. Like I will always play Ohio State at home and Michigan on the road.

10. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

you must be shitting me....:mad:

11. smace767

smace767 Walk On

they are #2 in the bcs and media poll, look at the polls, not dynasty HQ, Ohio st would be going to the bcs right now if the season ended today.

quality of win Strength of schedule goes past the name on the jersey and is one of the biggest factors. USC lost twice to teams that are not ranked right now.

The system adds everyone they played and who they beat.

They key is a simple math way to get close is , take the top four Ole miss opponents and top four ohio st opponents. (4 teams is the top 1/3 of their schedule)

did the top 4 teams Ole miss or OSU beat, lose to teams out side the current top 10. add those numbers for each team.

Ole miss=-1 (tenn 1)
    OSU=-3 (USC -2 penn st -1)

did the top 4 teams Ole miss or OSU beat, beat a current top 10 team. add those numbers

ole miss= 1 Bama
    osu= 2 Mich

each loss outside the current top 10 negative 1,
    each win inside the current top 10 positive 1

add.
    highest number=higher quality of win strength of schedule.

it ends up
    0 for ole miss
    -1 for OSU

but the rest of the schedule must favor ohio st, you only go to top four because the lower down the schedule every one will lose to teams outside the top 10. this just quantifys the wins vs the 4 best quality opponents.

my guess is overall strength of schedule goes back and forth all the way down the scedule.

but because they have the same bcs number and the tie break is usually overall strength of schedule and OSU is listed #2 in the bcs poll they have the edge.

but it all comes down to ole miss wins they are in, they lose they r out.

12. einstein313

einstein313 Walk On

I know thats why i want a conference champioship, let me know if the LSU guy want to trade teams

13. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I tried my best for ya einstein.....

I went balls out to take em out, but EA stocked FSU's roster like the Baltimore Ravens Defense for some reason, even though there a shit program now in real life.