PonyExpress.com

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Jul 30, 2010.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    PonyExpress.com

Welcome to PonyExpress.com

[​IMG]
    The home of your Boise State Broncos​

by Calvin Brooks

We are here to introduce the Broncos new head coach, Bobjr.

Welcome Coach Bob, we would like to ask you a few questions about your team and the direction you want them to go. As you know, here in Idaho there are no professional sports teams for our fans to enjoy. So with that said the Broncos are the talk of the state and we here at PonyExpress.com want to know what your direction with the team is?

Well Mr. Brooks, first off I want to thank you for even taking the time to stop by and ask me a few questions. I truly enjoy times like these. Now, to answer your question. We have Kellen Moore, and he is a true professional football player. I always watched him from afar, but seeing his work ethic up close and personal has been great. He really is a leader out there, and as you know a great leader can take you to great places. With Kellen leading the way, our team is going to be putting up points and winning games. I just want to focus on the defensive side of the ball. My main goal with that unit is to make them a top 5 defense in the NCAA. If we can combine those two facets of the game, then I think we can do great things.

Last season you spent the year as a coach on the Texas Longhorn team that went to the national championship. After being referred to the Broncos by Utah coach Emmdot, how have you adjusted?

It's been quite a different atmosphere here. I am from Dallas, as many of our fans know, and coming from a state with great football tradition has helped my transition. I will admit Calvin, I haven't adapted to life here in Idaho. But with time and the great people at this University, it shouldn't take me to long to get acclimated. I am just curious about the winters here.

How has the recruiting process been for you? Is there any certain recruits you can discuss with us?

It's been a lot of miles, I can tell you that. But, the more time I spend on the recruiting trail the more time me and my scouts can become familiar with each other. You and I both know I can't discuss who I am recruiting, because the other coaches in the league will be following me. However, I can give you a bit of information. I am recruiting a big armed quarterback from my home "area".

Finally Coach, what do you think of your schedule?

As you know, Boise State recently was added to one of the most up and coming conferences in all of sports, the Mountain West. The first game of the season is always important, and that will be a battle with Colorado. I am also looking forward to keeping the new rivalry between Oregon and Boise State going. And then you jump into conference play with games against TCU, Utah, and BYU. It will be a helluva season because our players have been positive and upbeat all during offseason conditioning. I am looking forward to it.

Thanks Coach for your time, we here at PonyExpress.com will be cheering you guys on this season. Good Luck!

Thank you Calvin, we will do our best for everyone in the great state of Idaho.

2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Breaking News: Boise lands first recruit of season..

[​IMG]

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
  4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Season 2 Recruiting news....After not landing a single 4 star athlete last year, the Broncos have added :

[​IMG]