Poor activity,poor scheduling, AWOL owners and Season 4.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

We have hit an all-time low in regards to owner activity and communication. I for one am guilty of this. But I still check forums once a day and make sure my games are scheduled and played.

I am beginning to see more and more of our tenured owners going awol. We will NEVER make it through another season if we allow this to continue. This is a bad time of year for Madden leagues but we have a couple of options in my opinion.

A- Make a league wide announcement about what is going on here. Require all owners to read and sign and rededicate theirselves to finish out this season strong and to also dedicate to a season 4. If they do not sign & agree or if they do not follow through with OMFL standards they will be removed of ownership and can go on waiting list for Madden 12.(In fact, I will do this shortly. I see no harm.)

B- Fold up shop after this season and regroup for Madden 12.

We simply cannot continue this way. I am all for regrouping the troops and making a strong run through another season but we have to demand more from owners.

Thoughts?

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I'm definitely for option A. Maybe its because I'm actually having a fun season not sure. Even if I was sucking it up this season, I'd probably still be down for another. I really think that the vast majority of the league is still into it, but theres a few who are dragging us down it would seem. It could just be this time of the season, being week 15, and this season, unlike past seasons, many teams are already out of the playoff race. So theres some lost interest there. Remember 2 seasons ago? Where there were about 8 teams vying for the 2 afc wild card spots, all finishing 8-8 or so. And last season, only 4-5 teams were eliminated at this point. But, this season, its much different. Only about 16 teams still have a shot to make the 12 playoff spots, so with half, maybe more, of the league already eliminated, theres some lost interest there.

That being said, though, there is still a good bit of aim chatter and rumor mill postings regarding the upcoming offseason that I've seen, so I'm pretty sure the interest is there, and I really think its all ut a small handfull who are not. A re-affirmation post would be a good idea to get everyone recommitted going forward I agree.

If we end after this season, that will give us a break from may-august, actually into september since the madden release date got pushed ack to august 30th. So we arent realistically going to be able to start season 1 of madden 12 until id say mid september at the earliest, probably will start after NFL season kicks off this time. Thats over 4 months. Waaaay too long.

We know interest will pick up for the offseason and the beginning of season 4, but it seems that with each passing season, interest gets lost earlier and earlier. I honestly am not sure what else can be done to spark it up again, but maybe getting some new blood in here would give us that spark. It sucks if longtime owners want to not recommit, but what else can we do?

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ya, I am all for pushing this puppy, but honestly I haven't because it only seems like dunn, dave, and kap that care right now. I've been busy, but I am still around. Pretty pissed off at Claven but I am here.

4. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Option A and if they do not sign off or then sign off and still are not active I have at least 4 people ready to come in anyone can be replaced...

5. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Nate, that hurts. You thinking I dont care.

In all seriousness, obviously option A. Who really wants to wrap this sucka up? This happens at this point in every season as people are either in the playoff race or gearing up for offseason. Yes it is true we will have people whose interest will begin to wane. But as Dunn has said, he has peeps on the ready.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I agree this happens this time of year but this is the worst I can remember. Hopefully, we can remotivate the troops and as Sean Payton would say,"Finish Strong."

7. natedawg212000

LOL. KO, all seriousness. I totally get you and kap together all the time. It never even crossed my mind AND i have no clue why I always think you two are the same.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I folded up tents with Carolina a long time ago and am coasting to the end. I had this important life event called a wedding and I was STILL efforting to check the forums.

Not gonna lie, the missus and I are playing a new MMO that we are digging right now, but I still effort to check the forums and get on AIM fairly regularly and play my games as soon as I can. I lose most all of them, but hey, I am shooting for a high draft pick I WON'T trade this time.

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I'll trade you 3 guys for it

10. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

What are we gonna do about stang I am starting to get worried about him. He has been awol needed a sim and when vish calls him it always picks up on 1 ring...

11. natedawg212000

Win I wasn't calling you out, so I hope you didn't take it that way. I get what you are, right now your coasting but you'll get hot soon. As long as you don't leave us high and dry then you and I are good.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

No, I didn't take it personal Nate. Just stating what I have been doing lately while others with less "viable" excuses are just hanging out.