Position Change Application

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CoachWest, Nov 18, 2010.

1. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Ok guys, we learn something new everyday don't we. :)

We discovered today that there is a no Depth Chart in the Offseason. Which of course messes things up for the Mandatory cuts only. Based on a conversation earlier we have three options to fix this, all of them require us to redo the top 20 for teams, except option three.

1) See if we can get an offline file to look at - This would be the most fair but also one of the most time consuming options. We would have to progress through the the offseason and examine every depth chart.

2) Apply an "Assumption Clause" to all position changes - Nate had offered this as an option in the live chat, so if we go this way we need to do it for every team. Based on Nates idea, if the original position goes up or down, the new positon will reflect a direct point for point conversion. The only issues are we need to redo all relevant position changes (I have a few myself) for eveyteam and apply the same rule. Also this should be made as a new rule here going forward, and should be considered for future changes.

3) Reset all position changes and enforce "Assumption Clause" form here on out - This would be the most simple option. Basically everyone has to reapply for the postion change based on the new rules... here is where it gets interesting. If you want to Grandfather in a position change the Assumption rule will apply. Meaning for example Dunlap wants to have positons Grandfathered in, so he would have to make a choice. The team cannot cherry pick the application it is either valid or not, and they will still keep the same salary's regardless of what they decide. This can be widely enforced, woudl take the least time, and will make sure that the teams will be treated fairly.**Edited Addition** If you decline to be grandfathered, you cannot reapply for the changes for the same players. To prevent the point that was posted by Dave.

Obviously I vote for 3, however, I do want to mention that if we had sat back and considered the options, that this would not have escualted. As the leagues ombudsman it is my job to keep the peace and make sure disputes are handled professionally. I need everyone here to back me up 110% when I make a call. Up to this point, I have been extrememly fair and open minded in all situations, maybe not right, but fair and open. Please allow me to do whatI am supposed to for the good of the league, just liek I allow you to do your jobs. I will do my best not to embarass anyone in public, but if I say for example "Private Chat" and you don't comply, I have no choice but to get out my "Daddy Voice" and repeat it again with your name included. I look forward to an exciting season will you all and think we are getting even closer to solidifying the best premium league in TF!! VIVA OMFL!!!

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I'm down for whatever.

#2 is fair, but might not be accurate. We don't know for sure if the overalls are going up or down by the same amount at the new position.

#1 would be the most accurate, but it would take some work, and we still don't know if it can be done.

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

What about this, regarding #3: say dunalp says he wants to reset the position change and not go through with it, keeping Merriman at DE. Meaning Merriman will stay at 82 for his top 20 purposes. But then, later in the preseason, he decides he does want to apply for the change and move him to OLB. Will that be allowed?

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

He can only be changed during the offseason. personally i don't see how its accurate. There should be a price when you move a guy - period. he has a freaking 98 ov DE who isn't really a DE!! I don't see how it's fair that a 98 DE doesn't count towards the top 20!

5. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yes, to eliminate confusion the process will be made easier. Adjust position changed overall based on progression/regression at normal position. Goes up 1 at normal position, goes up 1 at new position. Vice versa as well for down overalls.