position change rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by whygodwhy1111, Oct 19, 2009.

1. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

position change rules

I am unsure on the position change rules for the offseason. the league description is:

Specifically I am wondering about Safteys being moved to LB and LBs being moved to DE. What is allowed and what is not allowed? I do not want to break any rules, but still want to make the most of the scrubs my team will be getting.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Basically anything realistic is allowed.

If you want an undersized LB, we will discuss it, etc.

Post any desired changed and I will determine if they are fair or not. Ok?

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    By the way, I wasn't trying to blow you off on Live. I hate typing on that thing.:)

Now that we are in week 6, you are officially part of the league. Enjoy, feel free to ask anymore questions you have.

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

K,

Additional question cutting players. The league rules are a little vague to me. Am i interupting it correctly in that if and only if you have exactly 70 players on your roster you get to cut one player?

This is a problem in that I need to make alot of cuts based on the freshman class washington has from last year.

another question. I was thinking of building a triple option team, but I need to know if this leage allows run commits. I saw nothing in the league rules against them. Flex bone can not beat the run commit.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    1) Yes, if and only if you have 70, you may cut 1. I realize your class last year may have sucked, but they are your players until they leave. No exceptions to the cut rule.

2) We haven't banned run commit, but I don't think anyone uses it. If they do, it is sparingly at best.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Can I switch to oregon please.

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

you can leave me with washington. I will deal with my 4 freshman WR with less than 83 speed.

So many guys are a waste of roster spots. I have to make sure none of them redshirt by not playing. ugh.

8. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Welcome to playing with a shitty team.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    No sympathy here...I play with Army in the E-League. My fastest WR is an 87.:)

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I doubt you played user controlled teams with USC with army. 81 speed WR will be of no use against pac10 teams.

I don't know how sim it is that I have multiple players that will never play a down of college football in their entire careers on my team. (well I am going to play them all one down in my first game so no one redshirts- no sense wasting roster spots for 5 years)

I think some sort of allowance should be made for people that take over a computer controlled team. It's a pretty big disadvantage. Some teams have walk ons. 50's and 60's overall players. I'm not saying that I should be able to cut who ever I want; I would just like to cut more than one in my first year.

11. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Well, Take your time and redo the team. Your in rebuilding mode and that wont happend overnight. Shaun has been building Army up and last year they made it to a bowl game.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    With Army, my current team is 1-6.

My first 7 games.
    Oklahoma (User) - L
    Eastern Michigan - W
    Rutgers - L
    Wisconsin - L
    Northern Illinios - L
    Notre Dame (User) - L
    Temple - L

My point here is that I DO play good user teams. I lose. If you play USC, your probably going to lose with Washington. Here is something you also don't know. Sweetness was Washington most of last year...he just changed teams. You got the benifit of a user recruiting for most of the year.

Unless the rest of the league is fine with you cutting multiple players, it is what it is. Keep in mind if you DID cut a bunch of people, the 1-7-Unlimited recruiting rule is still in place...you would have a bunch of 3 star recruits to replace these guys...your going to get players in the 60's overall.

Shaun

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I went 6-6 but no bowl game. This years team doesn't have the close game magic and I am 1-6 LOL.