Position Changes Are BACK in M25

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by CHUNKNESS, Aug 11, 2013.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Once again, compliments of our friends at EA Sports... (y)

This will be a HUGE addition to our CFM!!!!

LtJustice
    Michael Overman

• Like Like x 3
  2. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Very cool! Can't wait to see how it's implemented.

4. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

It will be interesting

5. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Thank goodness. Been wanting this since PS2. I hate having 1 RE and 3 LEs and no I was not one of those guys changing a LB to DE for a big ratings boost.

• Like Like x 2
  6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Awesome news.

7. LtJustice

In M13 you can change left to right positions in the edit player screen, that's about it though (as far as the CCM goes).

8. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Fantastic news! No more signing a G because it won't let me move one of my three LTs over.

• Like Like x 2
  9. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

This is great...more and more i just continue to get stoked.

• Like Like x 1
  10. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

any ideas on what, if/any, would be implemented as a league? As I understand, it, you can literally change every single position, cant you? So would banning things such as moving a 99 speed/acc WR to QB for option purposes be in order? I saw one screen shot where they had changed Tebow from QB to TE lulz

11. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

be interesting to see the ratings changes... like if you move a LG to RG. if you do it in the game it changes sometimes. sometimes it stays the same. So would we have the option if you have 3 LGs and you want one to be starting RG. do you have to make him RG if his ratings dip compared to starting a LG as an RG?

Thoses usually are not a big deal, unlike making a LB an DE that gives them a big boost on past Gens....

So i guess would the rule be if you want to make a FS a CB, you need to do this change? but if you go from ROLB to LOLB do you really need to do the change?

Some of the depth charts you run out of guys so you have your better 3rd string might be your 3rd ROLB and LOLB...

Hopefully all these things about Franchise mode are for ONLINE Fran. didnt last year only somethings worked offline Fran?

12. LtJustice

That's a great question Dave. Of course this falls into the category of "wait and see" until the game is in hand, but I can definitely say we will have to put restrictions on it for just the type of situation you mentioned.

As I understand it there is supposed to be the ability for league commissioners to put restrictions on it in game, if that works right it would be great!

As far as expected restrictions, I would expect we would restrict any other position from moving TO quarterback. As far as other positions, I am sure we will have to put limitations on it, but it depends exactly how it affects the players in game. I would imagine we will stick to very similar restrictions as what we already had before.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

thats the great thing about great LGs like it looks like the Q will be and the 12th man. There is respect, community. So probably dont need to worry about some gimmic 99 spd WR getting sub'd in at QB to run some option plays... I bet a lot of Lobby games will hit crap like that. and we all hate lobby games!

personally i like to mix it up, i like to ask madden to see if theres no plays i dont usually run... last few years i never do FB dives or QB sneaks. just man up and pound it out if its 3rd / 4th and short in those situations. I just played a guy a week ago that ran the wildcat like 4 or 5 times. i never run that either just b/c i use GB pb or NO.

One think that is good about POS change is i was in a lg where the guy in the NFL was moved from CB to FS (some guy on ATL a year or two ago) i think but the LG wouldnt let me change this to reflect his current pos. (some lame mgmt) They only allowed previous changes. so that was pretty lame dude lost a step at CB but was good at S.

14. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

15. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I wonder if we can switch positions of players before the actual start of season 1, maybe for those owners who draft a 4-3 team with the intention to run a 3-4.

There have been a few people here known to do this...:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  16. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

If we aren't able to do so with the stock CFM roster, I'm sure that importing a roster will be an option provided that it isn't too much work on the part of the commissioners.

17. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

You hear that LtJustice ? Doug just volunteered you to do more work. (y)

I kid, it's not really a concern but I'm sure a few would be curious to know in the event they want a scheme change. It's something I'll be looking at once I get my paws on the game.

• Like Like x 2
  18. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

From what I read - I think there will be penalties for certain position changes such as the Tebow from QB to TE both in awareness and skills. A guy on the Jags like OW Denard Robinson who was a QB in college but is now a RB will be interesting as you can make him into a Antwaan Randle El type or try and develop him at QB or RB.

• Like Like x 1