Position Changes Rule Vote requires

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Nov 18, 2010.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Ok guys, we learn something new everyday don't we. :)

We discovered today that there is a no Depth Chart in the Offseason. Which of course messes things up for the Mandatory cuts only. Based on a conversation earlier we have three options to fix this, all of them require us to redo the top 20 for teams, except option three.

1) See if we can get an offline file to look at - This would be the most fair but also one of the most time consuming options. We would have to progress through the the offseason and examine every depth chart.

2) Apply an "Assumption Clause" to all position changes - Nate had offered this as an option in the live chat, so if we go this way we need to do it for every team. Based on Nates idea, if the original position goes up or down, the new positon will reflect a direct point for point conversion. The only issues are we need to redo all relevant position changes (I have a few myself) for eveyteam and apply the same rule. Also this should be made as a new rule here going forward, and should be considered for future changes.

3) Reset all position changes and enforce "Assumption Clause" form here on out - This would be the most simple option. Basically everyone has to reapply for the postion change based on the new rules... here is where it gets interesting. If you want to Grandfather in a position change the Assumption rule will apply. Meaning for example Dunlap wants to have positons Grandfathered in, so he would have to make a choice. The team cannot cherry pick the application it is either valid or not, and they will still keep the same salary's regardless of what they decide. This can be widely enforced, woudl take the least time, and will make sure that the teams will be treated fairly.**Edited Addition** If you decline to be grandfathered, you cannot reapply for the changes for the same players. To prevent the point that was posted by Dave.

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

i am voting 3. Here is my reason basically lets take Merriman he is rated 99 at DE at OLB he is rated less. He went down 2 points as an OLB so basically we will assume 2 points off at DE making him a 97 overall and Merriman would count as 97 in top 20 not 87 85 or whatever he was. If he chose to keep Merriman at OLB then he would take the 80something as his top 20 but wouldnt be allowed to move him back to DE at all

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I do not like the idea or resetting position changes.

#2 would be my choice.

4. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Ok, I read on AIM that #2 will be the selected action:

The only way I see this happening is people redoing their Progression/Regression Thread and having the cap guys go over it. Luckily not everyone has done posiiton changes so this may not take too long, however it will delay the tradeing prior to the Draft this weekend.

What we woudl have to do is go to the position change thread and isolate the teams (I am one of them) post on their Team Management that they need to redo their Progression/Regression numbers.

How they woudl do it is for example Darnell Dockett became a DT for me so his Pro Rregress would look like this

DT Darnell Dockett 94 (OrgPos DE rated in Season 4 94 ovr Season 5 93 -Minus 1 point, Rated 95 DT after change, Minus 1 point)

They can see the Original Ratings in the Position Change thread, and can make the declarations accordingly.

For myself Dockett is the only position change that affects my top 20, but my cuts are still valid even after the one point difference. However this will work differently on other players like Washington for me See Below

ROLB D. Washington 73 (OrgPos MLB rated in Season 4 70 ovr Season 5 76 - Plus 6 points, Rated 67 ROLB after change, Plus 6 Points)

As we can see here due to the change he is rated lower than it is on my board now, he wasnt top 20 anyway so it does not affect me, however, other teams may be affected.

Also another quick reminder is to factor in all trades based on this number for positin trades (That is what Win told me last week) for Example when I trade Dockett it will be as a 94 DT not a 93 DE :)

Good luck cap guys, and thanks for all you are doing :) VIVA OMFL!!!