Position Changes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Position Changes

I will give until after the Michigan Michigan St game for everyone to get this done. I want to be in Week 1 by Monday night so once we advance to Preseason get your redshirting done ASAP. Everything else can be done Week 1.

2. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Keller, how did that punter turn out? And I hope the progression is big, UVA needs it. I think I only have 5 players rated above 80.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

He coulda been something, I tell ya. He's got everything he needs to be the 3rd best WR on the team. Good speed and acc obviously, 3rd best hands, adequate catch in traffic, spc catch and release but he has...... 13 route running. 13? Thats like saying he falls over himself everytime he tries to cut. Pretty awful. He's gonna play at WR anyways and catch deep balls, lol. Coulda been a helluva story though. Oh well.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

My recruiting class was terrible, a 4 star came in at 69 overall, bullsh!t

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

My :4stars: QB looks to be very similar to Scheelhasse, he will redshirt. I have a 99 and 98 speed WR coming in so my offense may be something next season now that my QB has some targets, defense will be crappier than ever though

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I ended up with some really nice recruits, including some very speedy OLBs. This whole team is fast, at every position.

The future at QB is Johnathan Edwards, a :4stars: recruit who is 76 OVR with 90/78 for THP/THA, and he will get a redshirt this season. Very excited about his potential.

Scott Hicks, a :3stars: recruit from FL, comes in as a 75 OVR TE with 78 speed and decent catching/blocking abilities also looks to have great potential. He will get a redshirt as well.

The offensive line is very young and inexperienced, but Michael Foster is an incoming freshman who will make a huge difference at RT as he is 6'5", weighs 306 lbs, and is 78 OVR. A :4stars: recruit.

Brian Jones is a speedy DE (74 OVR, 78 speed, :3stars:) from PA that may be getting the start depending upon training in the offseason.

Jeremy Mack is a 76 OVR 90 speed :3stars: OLB from PA who will be a perfect fit for the 3-4 defensive scheme. He will probably get the starting job. Opposite of him at OLB is Courtney Wilson, a 76 OVR :4stars: OLB with 93 speed. He will probably get the start as well. There will be a lot of competition for the two starting MLB jobs, but Massey, the 6'5" recruit from last year, looks to be one of them.

There is both speed and experience at the DB positions, but the one glaring hole of the team is kicker. The only kicker is a 50 OVR freshman, so there may have to be some creative play-calling on 4th downs that should be easy FGs for a decent kicker.