Position changes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 28, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

such a hot button topic.

8 - Position Changes

Position changes. We tried to make this super easy to understand and kill a bunch of birds with one stone. I think we have that with this chart. This sums up what to do with your depth chart, what positions a player can play as a back up, and what positions a player can move to full time.

ALL formation subs are allowed EXCEPT for HB/FB formation sub. You may NEVER put a HB at the FB position. YOU MAY NOT USE A FORMATION SUB ALL GAME LONG (EX - SUB HB ALL GAME TO PLAY YOUR BACK UP, OLB SWAP, ECT. FORMATION SUBS FOR FOR 1-2 PLAYS AT A TIME ONLY. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT USING FORMATION SUBS FOR LONG PERIOD OF TIME YOU MAY BE BOOTED)

Full Time Positions Changes:
    Cap Book listed PositionPosition allowed to change toSecondary position allowed to change to
    QBNo Position Swap allowedNo Secondary Position Swap allowed
    HBWR if Catch is at least 65 or moreNo Secondary Position Swap allowed
    FBTE if Speed is less than 90 & Catch is more than 65No Secondary Position Swap allowed
    TEFB if Speed is less than 85WR if Catch is more than 65
    WRNo Position Swap allowedNo Secondary Position Swap allowed
    TNo Position Swap allowedNo Secondary Position Swap allowed
    GCNo Secondary Position Swap allowed
    CGNo Secondary Position Swap allowed
    DEDT if Weighs 280 lbs or more, Speed less than 80, and Strength is 85 or moreOLB if Weighs 265 lbs or less, Speed is 80 or more, and Acceleration is 90 or below
    DTDE if Strength is more than 85 and Speed is less than 85.No Secondary Position Swap allowed
    OLBMLBDE if Weighs 250 lbs or more, Speed is 87 or less, and Strength is 70 or more
    MLBOLBNo Secondary Position Swap allowed
    CBFS if Speed is 87 or less.SS if Speed is 87 or less.
    FSSS if Speed is 87 or less.CB if Speed is 87 or more.
    SSFS if Speed is 87 or less.CB if Speed is 87 or more.
    KNo Position Swaps allowedNo Secondary Position Swap allowed
    PNo position Swaps allowedNo Secondary Position Swap allowed

* If you are running a 'multi defense' then you will set your depth chart up as BOTH 4/3 and 3/4. This only comes in to play with the DT and the MLB positions. For multi defense you must have a DT and the TOP 2 DT positions, and at the MLB position you must have a MLB at the top 2 MLB positions.

If it is listed on this chart then it is allowed. STARTING PLAYERS MUST BE PLAYING THE POSITION THAT THEY ARE LISTED AT THE CAPBOOK. (EX: qb, rb, 1st fb, 1st-4th wrs, 1st-2nd tes, t, 1st g, 1st c, 1st de, 1st-2nd dt - 1st dt if 3/4, 1st rolb, 1st mlb - 1st-2nd mlb if 3/4 or multi, 1st lolb, 1st-4th cb, 1st-fs, 1st-ss) THIS MEANS IF THEY ARE NOT LISTED AS THAT POSITION IN THE CAPBOOK THEN THEY MAY NOT PLAY IN THE POSITIONS LISTED IN RED. THESE POSITIONS IN RED ARE FOR THE CAPBOOK LISTED POSITION FOR THE PLAYER ONLY. Back ups can be anyone who falls in this chart above.

If you want a player to start at a new position then you must follow the above chart and the following process. Position swaps must be declared in Team Management thread BEFORE the advance to the following week. All cap books must be signed off on and adjusted to fit these full time position swaps. When declaring the player you must post new position and overall. All players who move positions take on the #1 modifier of their new position. The player who was already in the #1 position, also keeps his #1 modifier and the player who was directly behind your moved player assumes a new modifier if he moves up in depth chart, so you will have two players who are being paid a #1 modifier for that position. After a player has been posted and accepted, that is their new FULL TIME position and may NOT be changed again for that season. If you want to put them back, you must wait until after the season and treat them with the above chart as their current position. All restrictions are to be followed. WHEN A PLAYER MOVES POSITION, THAT IS THERE NEW POSITION AND ALL MADDEN MINIMUMS ARE REQUIRED. WHEN A PLAYER SWAPS POSITIONS, THAT IS THERE NEW FULL TIME POSITION AND ALL INJURIES, TRADES, AND RELEASES ARE HANDLED AS IF THE PLAYER MOVED WAS ALWAYS AT HIS NEW POSITION. (EX - YOU CAN NOT MOVE A OLB TO DE, HAVE AN INJURY AND MOVE HIM BACK. YOU MUST SIGN A OLB TO FILL THAT POSITION IF NEEDED). Remember that salaries never ever go down, unless a player is cut. So if you move a player back and forth, he always carries his highest salary with him.

Sci and Jeremy will be overseeing this process.

how can we make that more simple?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Possibly eliminate some attribute requirements for the defense that are not weight related. Typically bigger guys will be slower by default. Smaller guys will be faster by default.

Make it a simpler requirement, like DE goes to DT if he's over 275 lbs. No strength/speed requirements. DE to OLB if under 260 lbs.

That would help. On areas that have only one restriction on movement (speed rating), leave those alone.

Basically, use just one thing to determine change instead of the multiple confusing ways we figure it. That will help.

The modifier rules I think are as simple as we can make them. Unless someone smarter than me can figure it out.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I will simplify and propose to the board.

4. Jeremy

Here is the new slim down version. The only restrictions I left in were the ones that could be used as an un-SIM like advantage. Such as, putting a DE with 89 speed at DT. I left a speed restriction in for that. I did this with a few others also. Let me know what you guys think.

Position Change Request Thread

Fifth - Position changes. We tried to make this super easy to understand and kill a bunch of birds with one stone. I think we have that with this chart. This sums up what to do with your depth chart, what positions a player can play as a back up, and what positions a player can move to full time.

ALL formation subs are allowed EXCEPT for HB/FB formation sub. You may NEVER put a HB at the FB position.

YOU MAY NOT USE A FORMATION SUB ALL GAME LONG. (Ex. - OLB at DE.) FORMATION SUBS MAY BE USED FOR 1-2 PLAYS AT A TIME ONLY.

Full Time Positions Changes:

QB to No Position Swap Allowed.​
    HB to WR
    FB to TE
    TE to FB if Speed is less than 85.
    WR to No Position Swap Allowed.​
    T to No Position Swap allowed.​
    G to C
    C to G
    DE to DT if Speed less than 80 or to OLB
    DT to DE
    OLB to MLB or to DE if Speed is 87 or less.
    MLB to OLB
    CB to FS if Speed is 87 or less. or to SS if Speed is 87 or less.
    FS to SS if Speed is 87 or less. or to CB
    SS to FS to CB.
    K to No Position Swaps allowed|No Secondary Position Swap allowed​
    P to No position Swaps allowed|No Secondary Position Swap allowed​

**At all times, your top two MLBs in your in game depth chart MUST be a MLB by default or a player position changed to MLB eventhough you do not run a 3-4 defense. Same goes for DT.**

If you want a player to start at a new position then you must follow the above chart and the following process. ALL Position swaps must be declared in the Position Change Thread BEFORE the start of WEEK 1. All cap books must be signed off on and adjusted to fit these full time position swaps. When declaring the player you must post new position and new overall. All players who move positions take on the #1 modifier of their new position. The player who was already in the #1 position, also keeps his #1 modifier and the player who was directly behind your moved player assumes a new modifier if he moves up in depth chart, so you will have two players who are being paid a #1 modifier for that position. After a player has been posted and accepted, that is their new position until that player is released BUT they are still eligible to play in their default or original postion. Remember that salaries never ever go down, unless a player is cut.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If you want a player to start at a new position, please use the following step by step guide:

1. Player must fit within guidelines above.
    2. Adjusted players must be announced in offseason before week 1 begins.
    3. Player must take on starter modifier of whatever position he is going to.
    4. Player moving must list new overall so cap can be adjusted based on his new skills.
    5. #2 player at position takes on starter modifier of position he is in, replacing leaving player.
    6. Cap guys adjust and sign off on new position changes, noting new cap hits.
    7. Go play games if approved.

If a player moving positions goes DOWN in overall at the new position, he does NOT drop in salary, similar to regression salaries not going down. See cap rulesheet for any questions on this.

I basically said what you said, Jeremy, but hopefully simplified it. Let me know how this looks.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Basically what I put in would go right below your MLB statement, in my opinion.

7. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

For #3, does the player automatically take the starter modifier? Even if he moves to, say, #2 DE spot? Although, I'm sure most people are changing player's positions to have them start at the new position, we've seen it done otherwise.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Personally, I say yes. You can have a guy playing there as a backup (#2 on depth chart) that is out of position, so if they want to run an OLB at DE as a backup, that is fine by me. If he starts, though, he gets starter money. Period.

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

how does this work in relation to the modifier locking periods

10. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

nevermind, this is only for offseason, anyway, right?

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Correct sir. We might have to come up with a rule for injury purposes, but I think using what we have in regular season if we have to (and readjusting modifiers for that kind of issue ONLY during season) will work.

Basically, if injuries force a position change, then we change modifiers. ONLY THEN. Other than that no modifier moves during regular season.

12. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I like 'em. I never swap guys so.

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So can I adjust the rulebook and we make this announcement?

14. Jeremy

Id say YES.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

All righty then.