Position Changes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 8, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Position Changes

I've got some guys asking about swapping de's and lb's due to swapping from a 3/4 to a 4/3 or vise versa.

What are your thoughts?

I think in this new game I am ok with that. Now if a 90 sp rookie lb gets put at de and starts just killing ppl we can relook at this, but personally I am good with it. They lose awareness and in this game that actually matters.

2. natedawg212000

I say the only position change we don't allow is anyone other than a qb playing qb, no wr at rb, no wr at te unless his sp is 85 or lower.
    Everything else, in this new game, i am cool with.
    What do you think?

3. natedawg212000

Jeremy
    I agree Nate...This years game takes into account players moving position and in most cases penalizes players ratings for moving...HB in WR depth chart and vice versa shouldnt be allowed but allowing DEs and LBs to be interchangebale should be allowed.

4. natedawg212000

Sav
    Well, i dont like it..i think DE and DTs play on the DL and LBs play any LB positions...

Also..i dont see a problem with having a RB line up at WR in a 5-wide set

5. natedawg212000

well i say, again just my opinion and we have to decide together, that we go with my restrictions. This allows someone with a big, slow wr to move him to te and allows 4/3 and 3/4 lbs to go to de or de's to go to lb. With the adjusted speed and messes with awareness I don't think this will be a big deal and if we see that this gives an unfair advantage then we can readjust this rule.

thoughts?

6. natedawg212000

winuvas
    In fairness to full disclosure, I have some players that would benefit if I could change them from LB to DE/DT.

I think on the defense, you should be allowed to use any linebacker as a defensive end ONLY. The linebacker could not play DT, only DE. That would solve the problem of 3-4 linebackers converting to 4-3 Dline. And, in fairness, it would surely help me out big time, but it would help a few teams that may want to change defensive schemes but keep the personnel they have.

I think a safety should be able to play corner, and the rules for corner switching to safety could be modified to eliminate the AGE restriction, but not the speed restriction. If the age thing is a big thing, then if we drop the age restriction, then drop the maximum speed allowed to switch. For example, currently the age of CB has to be 32+ and less than 90 speed. If we eliminate the age restriction, then drop the maximum speed restriction to 85 or less.

In fairness to the consideration of super speed rushers, if you scout a team out and know they have that, could you not gameplan to account for that? Maybe this is naivete showing, but I would probably change protection to account for that with shifting protection that way.

Anywho, that is my two cents.

7. natedawg212000

jeremy
    Julius Peppers wanted to leave Carolina and try a 3-4 system...Would the NFL not allow him to play OLB just becase he was drafted as a 4-3 DE?? I believe, LBs should be able to be placed in DE position on depth chart. I do understand that we are playing a game that can be manipulated in certain ways but I do not think moving LBs to DEs does that.

8. natedawg212000

braden
    DE's should be able to be moved to OLB's if you make the change from a 4-3 to a 3-4 before the season starts.

9. natedawg212000

winuvas
    I didn't comment on TEs, RBs, and WRs.

I think that if you do not have 6 WRs, then a RB could be used as a 6th receiver only. Other than that, there are plenty of ways to place a RB at a WR position using formation changes.

I think TE to WR could work both ways. It's a lot rarer, but what if you have a TE with 80+ speed? Could he move to WR? And then WR to TE if below 85 speed is fine by me.

10. natedawg212000

I personally don't mind either one of those suggestions winuvas

11. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Are we allowing CB to FS if certain age??

12. natedawg212000

we can discuss. personally i don't mind it at all. i don't mind them moving them there period. thoughts?

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I don't either. I mean, a team has to have at least one FS and one SS. If they want to use CBs at FS and SS, I have no problem with it. More than likely the person putting a player there won't look at coverage skills, just overall skills. I hope they put a CB at safety that stinks at zone coverage. That way when they drop him deep and he blows coverage, I'll be happy scoring 6 points.

14. natedawg212000

In past maddens speed was the biggest deal, but this game is so much slower and more realistic, I really don't have a issue with it.