Positions Needed

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by Krebstar425, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

So, I'm finally going to create a pro tonight and I figured since my ultimate goal will be to play with you chaps, what positions are most needed? I'm not too worried about being a certain position, so whatever is needed I'd gladly try out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Usually people start out in the back, depending on how many guys we have on. If there's only 4-5 of us on you usually get pretty much your choice in position.

3. Krebstar425

So, nobody plays at a dedicated position? I have zero knowledge of the mode. I figured people either could play one style or the other, not anywhere on the field.

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Some people do and some people don't. fecnik plays keeper, Drifterbub is normally one of our forwards, and DelZaster is normally on the left wing. Guys shuffle around quite a bit so everybody can play where they want at some point.

5. Krebstar425

Interesting. Is it weird I find that not as appealing? Haha. I guess I figured everyone just had a skill set that applied to one position/style. Such as if you play CDM, you'll never be playing ST as your finishing is rubbish.

6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Haha not at all. You can edit your pro whenever you want so if you're going to play as LB you can set him there and your default attributes will change. The accomplishments you get are just added on as boosts to the default attributes for the type of player you want to be. So if you're going to play ST instead of LB you can change your pro's position to ST and pick from a couple of different styles of ST you want your guy to be. If you want to later move to CDM, you can change his default position to that and your ratings will change accordingly.

7. Krebstar425

So there's no point cap? I could be a great CB with dribbling and finishing ratings of 90+?

If not, I'll still restrict myself, but if you can be a super player, that is just...crazy.

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

That's not how it works.

You choose your position and type of player you want to be and based on the accomplishments you've got done it will generate the stats for your player.

Defensive players have stats like defenders and strikers have stats like a striker.

The "point cap" is when you've completed all of the accomplishments. You are not a god mode character at that point, though.

---

There's no dedicated position because you can change your position/height/weight in between games... and your stats change based on the position you choose.

9. Krebstar425

Ahhhh, thank you for the explanation. :)

I was worried that you could change from an attacker to a defender but still retain your attacking stats.