Possible Advance Sched.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AndyVanSlyke, Aug 25, 2012.

1. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

This is me thinking out lout with some help from gmorg

Alright guys,
    with Madden coming on Tues. I think it would be wise if we can get through the offseason of NCAA by Monday.
    My thoughts on advance schedule are this:

Sat. early afternoon, late evening - gmorg and I are playing, Ian will need to play.
    Sat. evening, late night - Conf. champ. games - Heath, Bonner-Pro.
    Sunday morning, afternoon - bowl games
    Sunday night, into Monday - Offseason.

Is this even possible?

2. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Offseason in 1 day? With this motley crew? Hhahahaha

• Like Like x 2
  3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

i'm a dreamer.

4. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Love the idea.

a) Do not believe Pro is in champ game. (EDIT: NEVERMIND! OHIO LOST! lol! AMAZING! Congrats PRO IN MY BEST GWOOD VOICE!)
    b) If this is true, I'm sure Bonner and I can knock out champ games tonight
    c) Offseason needs to be one day. I say we shoot for Monday evening entire offseason. Everyone plan on being available at 930pmEST and being online until midnight EST.

As exciting as it is, everyone is gonna HAVE to take a day or two with Madden before we start up. It's just that big and different I believe. We won't wait long but at least a solid 24hrs or bit more.

So revised schedule?

Today - Gwood and Weave play, Ian just played, waiting on you guys!; Bonner and I play champ games late (works cuz we're in way east and no recruiting)
    -Tomorrow - Bowl Games
    -Monday - Entire Offseason from 930pm-midnightEST (we will advance as soon as all bowls are played and use Monday daytime to begin working through offseason)
    -Tuesday - Preseason and Week 1 coupled with Madden invites (no games during week 1, just recruiting)
    -Wednesday - advance to Season 3, Week 2 and Madden Preseason

Qualification on simulataneous advances: Madden Preseason is a bit different obviously. I think we should have a separate and hard 24hr advance schedule for the preseason weeks to give people opportunity to play games if they wish (or does everyone want to treat entire preseason as normal week and go 72hrs with these?). I will say, again, there is plenty to do: cuts, practice, familiarize, initiate trades/trade-block, preseason games, explore.

Discuss.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  5. vatechhokie01

so yea, Pro is in champ game. which changes everything I just wrote. dang.

and yes, Pro told me he can't play until Sunday. Bonner, please start scheduling with Pro now.

6. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

With madden being new I think everyone will be playing it on pa daily basis so preseason should be a 24 hour advance.

7. vatechhokie01

I'm just trying to let everyone know. I think the same but this will be a lot to do. Madden is DEEP. Amazing, but deep. BUT... you don't have to practice and you can get the computer to autoprogress everyone if you wish. Probably won't have as much long-term success that way but it is still progression and less tedious "grinding" (to use a typical but very appropriate RPG Wow term of obtaining xp to progress crap)

8. vatechhokie01

remember: literally to get the most xp out of your practice, you will be called on to play an entire half of a game in addition to your whole game... and if you fail (which I did my 2nd preseason week), you only get a fraction of what you could have gotten (I had a quarter to come from behind 3pts and win or something like that)

9. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

I played my game earlier today and my only question is are we going to have a chat room to go through the offseason since you want us all onine at the same time. I also was going to pick up my copy of madden at gamestop at midnight tuesday morning. But if I need to stay online for the whole offseason I will. This will be my first offseason and will be my best to keep up on Monday night.

10. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

So this is just pushing everything back one day right? and if thats right this means offseason on tuesday?

11. vatechhokie01

still shooting for monday. if pro and bonner can play tomorrow afternoon, then we have the evening and next morning/day to get bowl games in. come on fellas!

paging pro? again, he warned me he couldnt play until Sunday... just don't know what time Sunday he meant. hopefully earlier on. Bonner is trying to get a hold of him.