Possible Cavs / Bobcats deal

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by BDSDIGITAL, Nov 4, 2011.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Cavs would send The beard 73 ovr 2/28.8m and Alonzo Gee 67 ovr C+ pot 1/884k to Charlotte for Tyrus Thomas B+ pot 4/33 m and DJ White C pot 1 / 2m

they proposed this to me. It makes sense for both sides really. They get out of the longer contract of Thomas and get the shorter contract of the beard, plus the beard would start for them, he's not starting for me. Thomas would also start for me so each team get's a player that can contribute right away. Gee for White is whatever. I didn't really want to trade Gee, but he's expendable with the emergence of Joey Graham at the 3 and I really need big bodies and DJ White would help a little in that department. Whatever I have to do to keep Ryan Hollins and Sehmi Erdin off the court will benefit me. But ultimately with this deal if you guys approve and I decide to pull the trigger ( 50/50 chance I'd do this even if approved) I would have moved the two guys I really wanted rid of in Jameson and Davis and would have gotten in return a decent younger scorer in Gordon, a pretty good 2nd team PG in Bynum and another fairly young and talented big in Thomas. This is also going to help me at draft time. But I feel this deal for me gives me depth in the front court for the next few years, and it helps Charlotte long term freeing up cap room in 2 years when the Beard's deal expires, or they can use that 14 million expiring contract next year as a good trade chip for a pick or whatever the hitler stache decides to do with it.

2. BDSDIGITAL

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Approved.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Approved.

5. BDSDIGITAL

Just so you know after thomas got me for 14 and 15 last night with 6 assists In my game vs Charlotte I went ahead and accepted the trade proposal.

So I started this season with a starting 5 of:

PG the beard
    SG Alonzo Gee
    SF Jameson
    PF Samardo Samuels
    C Anderson varejao

After this trade is done it'll be:

PG Ramon Sessions
    SG Ben Gordon
    SF Joey Graham
    PF Tyrus Thomas
    C Anderson Varejao

And my bench is a little deeper and my first few coming off the bench are good 2nd team guys.

All that and I Got rid of two older over payed players and replaced them with 2 younger players with B+ potential that were similarly rated.

Not to mention I'll have a top 5 pick.

This teams future looks much brighter today than it did 20 games ago !

But unless something comes along that really wets my whistle I'm done trading for the year. I couldn't be happier with the direction were headed.