Possible Changing Teams Opportunity

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Sep 29, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Possible Changing Teams Opportunity

At the end of season two, since we have had quite a few guys hop in and out since this all started, I thought it might be nice to give guys a.. risky.. opportunity to switch teams at the end of this season. Everyone that wants to remain with their current team is welcome to do so.

The deal would be this:

The conferences and divisions have to keep the same split (6 in each conference, 3 in each division).

Every person that switches would be assigned a random team, but not the same one that they left.

So, if three people wanted to change teams, then those three spots in the divisions would need to be filled. I would open up all the remaining teams from those divisions and each team will get one team from the open divisions.

For example, if Tennessee, NC State, and Georgia Tech were to want to change teams, that would leave Tennessee, Georgia, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt in the SEC East... and I'm at work so I don't have the ACC division breakdown... but it would leave Duke, UNC, NC State, Georgia Tech, Miami, Florida State, Maryland, and Wake Forest in the ACC.

I hope that all makes sense. Just remember that if you do decide to switch teams, you could get stuck with Vanderbilt or Mississippi State or Duke or Maryland... or you could get UNC, Miami, Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, or Alabama. Who knows?

Feel free to discuss. I will need to know for sure by the end of the season. Also, if you do decide to switch, don't let your recruiting just go to the side. If you do switch and don't want to recruit, at least set your recruiting settings to auto so that the CPU takes care of the team and it still competes with the rest of the teams.

2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

After waffling a little, I kinda am thinking I want to see this Tennessee thing through. Although I can't compete well with USER Florida/LSU/Insert Sweet SEC Team now, in a few seasons, who knows. As long as my 10-3 seasons keep up I should still be able to reel in a recruit here and there.

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I want Miami. Bad. Its the only team that Ive dont have that I root for in an OD. I beg you.

4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

To add... the premise of random teams was cool when we started, but with so much turnover, I think we should be allowed to choose.

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I kind of agree. If we are allowed to change, it would be cool to choose. I see both sides, and whatever Soda thinks is best for the league I will roll with.

6. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

I also think that the more tenured guys in this league should get the first choice. I probably will stick with VT, but just saying.

7. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Just so everyone knows, we will not go to a format where people get to choose their team. That's kind of the underlying thing that makes this league a bit different than the others on this site. I realize we all like certain teams and everything, but that's not what this league is about.

Nevertheless, I completely understand getting tired of a team and everything, and that's why I'm allowing people to move to a new random team if they are unhappy with their current one at the end of this season.

The only choice that the people who switch teams will have is the simple choice of changing teams. After year 3 or 4, I may consider letting people opt to choose conferences, but as of now, that's not the case.

8. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

My college team is michigan, and theirs no big ten here. So im happy with NC State unless some1 else has a hard on for them.