Possible Major Issue with New Patch

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Sep 6, 2012.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

So in my other OD, we're currently in bowl week. My buddy won a few defensive awards with his OLB and he accepts the award and then the game freezes. I thought this was something with his Xbox so he tried on his little brother's Xbox and same thing happened. I'm in the middle of my game so i tell him i'll try once i finish my bowl. I end up winning and get the Bowl Trophy and i accept that. As i'm about to back out BOOM! it freezes on me.

Shaun Mason Drifterbub and i don't know who else to tag but this is pretty bad. My buddy can't get in to play his bowl game and I'm now afraid i can't get in to advance the dynasty.

2. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Judging from Shaun's last status update, you may want to post this in the bugs thread.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I didn't test this in an OD but I just did in an offline dynasty. I simmed to the CCG games. I saw that Oregon was set to win a bunch of awards so I created a coach for Oregon. I advanced and won a ton of awards, accepting all of them, and my game didn't freeze on me.

I'll try this in an OD as well to see if it works. Since I can't switch teams in a 1 person OD I'll probably have to sim to a bowl game and then supersim a win there.

I'll let you know if it works.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jello1717

Oh yeah. I guess I'll ask the obvious. Did either of you try not accepting the trophies?

5. jello1717

In a test OD I just won the BigXII with Texas, accepted my trophy, and didn't freeze.

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yes i tried having him not accept and same on all 3 Xbox's before i had to leave for school.

After texting to my buddies in class when i can't have my cell phone (my Sneak is at 100 ;)), my buddy figured out what may be wrong and it MAY or MAY NOT pertain to the latest patch. The guy who it freezes on (SJSU) gave up NEGATIVE yardage rushing (that's a different story that i have zero care to explain) so the Average Yards Rushing are gonna be negative. My other friend (Texas St) said that he thinks the problem is that. Since they use AVERAGES instead of TOTAL YARDS for their rankings, there is a logic error. So long story short, SJSU guy is an ass and now has it so if you scroll over his name in the dynasty central or he logs in it freezes.

7. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Tons of sacks? Let me guess, he runs the 3-3-5. :D

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

He runs it and only runs 3 fucking plays. Doesn't work against the users but the computers can't handle it. He has 4 guys with 15+ sacks and one guy with 34.5. It really grinds my gears because i tell him to stop but he doesn't listen. I'm gonna use this to force him to change. Like i've said before and most people can atone for this. I blitz a lot but as you can see, i don't get many sacks. I run a lot more Zone that i have in years past.

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Masler

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

That's the defense at it's worst. He also has the worst passing defense though (123rd) in the league so it's just him sending 6+ every play. When a computer passes, they only have 5 blocking 6 or 7. That's a matchup problem from time to time more than the AI messing up. But yes, I'd say 50% of the time it's broken AI

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

We didn't have issues last season did we? We will proceed as normal until it is confirmed as a major glitch

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

As long as we don't have teams with negative stat lines i think we'll be fine. But again, proceed with caution.

13. jello1717

Says the guy that plays at least 5 DBs on every play, yet is still ranked #5 in the entire country in rushing D.....

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

That's cause i throw 6 into the box in running formations. Match man on man.

15. jello1717

While normal teams have 7 in the box against running formations, yet you still outmatch them due to the AI. But of course we've been down this road several times and it's abundantly obvious that you don't think that's a problem.

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I don't because it's not like my safeties are getting the most tackles... It's me (aka MLB). I don't THINK it's wrong because i do a lot of slant stunts with my line taking the Oline one way or the other and i flow which more than likely overloads one side of the line (4+ vs 3 or 4 blockers). This makes flowing through an open spot pretty easy if you see it. In my eyes that's more scheme than AI. I could do it with other defenses which a lot of you fail to realize...

17. jello1717

What you described is exactly breaking the AI. The rest of us don't do it because it's wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

How is that breaking AI?! It's sending more men that you have blockers. It's simple math. SMDH

19. jello1717

It's breaking the AI because the slants and alignment confuse the O-linemen and they don't block who they're supposed to block. SMMFH

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

That's where the disconnect is... I don't see that as AI but as make them make a choice.

For me this is how my i set it up with my limited resources of half a offensive and defensive set up:

MLB
    DT DE OLB
    C RG RT

What is to happen here and i have the defensive line slant left so they take the Center and Guard here. The OLB who is lined up outside the Tackle is either going up field or at the tackle depending on the blitz. From there all i got to do is fill which is what linebackers DO. What else am i supposed to do? Run cover 2 and cover 3 all day and let teams run wild on me?

21. jello1717

I'll just drop it as you'll never get it.

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Please do explain man i wanna hear. I played football and watch it heavily and analyze everything. In my eyes this is a basic scheme...

23. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

This is awesome...

24. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Here we go....