Possible solution for next offseason

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gt86, Dec 20, 2009.

1. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Possible solution for next offseason

After this mess of a offseason thanks to Ea mainly i was thinking a possible solution if Ea will allow Mags to do this on the online franny. Here's my idea for the draft Mags boots everyone from the franny and we do the draft in lp like we did this draft. Once the live draft is done after the 4 rounds Mags ( or him and a couple Rc members ) could take control of each team and make all th elive picks in the franny via it's draft section and then sim rounds 5-7. That way each team already has the players they picked via the live draft and would be able to keep any players they got in rounds 5-7 via the sim. Once that is done everyone is invited back or given control of their team back and a first come first serve filler Fa period is done and hopefully we wouldn't have all this mess we have now. Again this is relies on if Ea allows Mags to do this in the online franny.

2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

thanks for trying to think of a solution early on for next season instead of wasting time on those other threads. if possible i think that would work. if not possible maybe they can come up with an OWNER to do list where it would instruct each owner exactly who from their roster must be released thus eliminating all users from being removed and added again. if all owners followed instructions this could alleviate mags or RC from putting in more work as well as maybe make things quicker.

3. gt86

gt86 Walk On

as we've seen quicker isn't always better :)

doesn't do any good to be quick if there's to much confusion :)

4. PoloMD

PoloMD Walk On

This kind of threads are constructuve, and i like the idea.

5. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

dido that!

6. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Now that I got to read this, good stuff GT. My mind went in the same direction after I finished up the draft last season. I can probably do it with a handful of guys to make it go smoother. They would have to be logged into the franchise before that team's pick came up. So... it'd mean booting everyone out to get it to roll smoothly, or just have guys 'floating' during the real draft to make picks as they come up. I'd have to stop and start the draft for every pick manually, but it is an option. The next one will go a lot smoother.

For what it's worth, I do think LP helped.

7. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Fuckin Country Bumpkin does have a pretty good idea once every 3-4 years, doesn't he?

:D

8. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Its amazing that something as simple as allowing Mags to sim the draft, then having the leagues owners (all apparantly adults) release all the players that were sim drafted to their teams, then having those same owners sign the 4(more/less depending on traded picks) appropriate players to their team.

Anyone who can't follow those simple marching orders - ugh.

And if adding some of these free agents is such a big deal why not just extenfd the draft a round (or 3 rounds for that matter) and not even have a free agent draft??