Possible Start Date

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by The Parrothead, Jul 10, 2013.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Just wanted to check with everyone to see if everyone was going to be around so we can get this thing going. Hearing rumblings that rosters may be complete, so we'd get this thing going if they're done and (mostly) correct. Just don't want to start if someone is unavailable. Let me know if you have any conflicts in the next day or two. If things go well, I might have the dynasty up tonight. If you don't mind, please list your gamertag in this thread so I'm sure to invite you.

BALLisL1FE 21
    Ghost
    Riptides
    Will Atkinson
    tar heel
    HuskerPower
    kcstlmang
    publik drunk
    LeGeNd RiPs
    dmw7782
    wahoogamer

• Like Like x 1
  2. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

I'm on summer break so I'm always free most of the time.
    My GT: Ghostx04

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

5. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

GT: xxra1nm4kerxx

6. BALLisL1FE 21

BALLisL1FE 21 Walk On

GT: BALLisL1FE 21

7. wahoogamer

wahoogamer Walk On

GT: wahoogamer

8. dmw7782

dmw7782 Walk On

DWalkerHD I'm ready

9. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

Ill be getting the game tomorrow so im ready whenever....As far as scheduling doesnt matter to me.

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I've got the dynasty up and ready to go. I believe I sent everyone an invite except for tar heel, as the game kept telling me you didn't have an Origin account. Let me know when you've got the game, etc., and we'll give it another go.

After reading various threads, I set the coaching progression at normal. I don't think any of us will max it out anytime soon. Also, I need to make a couple of clarifications/changes to the rules. For redshirts, you CANNOT redshirt a senior. For scholarships, It's actually figured as the number of seniors on your team plus the number of open slots on your team to get you to 70 plus a cushion of 1. For example, South Carolina has 4 seniors and 68 total players. The formula would be 4 seniors + 2 open slots + 1 cushion = 7 scholarships.

For the head coach skill tree, I'm thinking either a 3:1 or 2:1 game management:recruiting ratio of applying your levels. This will keep users from getting too powerful recruiting versus the CPU. Please let me know which of the two ratios you prefer.

Additionally, I made a couple changes in the protected rivalries. For the ACC, FSU-Miami and Clemson-Georgia Tech were already protected rivalries, so I made Louisville-Virginia Tech a protected rivalry. For the SEC, South Carolina-Arkansas was the only one, so I changed up the others to be Georgia-Ole Miss and Texas A&M-Kentucky. I think this will provide us with another user game each to make this more fun and entertaining. If it doesn't work out well, I should be able to remove the protected rivalries for 2014. The one unintended consequence is it changed up a few schedules away from what they are in real life. For example, Georgia-Clemson is now no longer on the schedule. I'll still be removing FCS teams, so if you've got a preference there, let me know and I'll see about accommodating. I'm hoping everyone will have 4-5 user games each year.

I did move Maryland to the Big 10 already to make room for Rutgers. For 2014, I'll be moving Rutgers over and realigning their conference as they're doing in real life.

Finally, I've updated the sliders. Since we can change these from week to week, let me know your thoughts on them as we go through the season. As always, let me know if you have any questions. I'd really love to start the season by Friday evening so we've got the weekend to play (I believe there's at least one user game already), so it'd be easier to schedule that on the weekend.

Also, please post at least a little something in the appropriate preview thread regarding the upcoming season for your team.

BALLisL1FE 21
    Ghost
    Riptides
    Will Atkinson
    tar heel
    HuskerPower
    kcstlmang
    publik drunk
    LeGeNd RiPs
    dmw7782
    wahoogamer

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  11. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

You can send it again. Ill be on tonight. GT: hu1ksmash36

The Parrothead

12. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Gt is publik drunk

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

We may end up holding off on starting thanks to a potential glitch (read here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline...s-glitches-feedback.99915/page-4#post-1375724). Hopefully this is just something that impacts their league, but I'd rather be safe with it than have everyone play their games and nobody get any XP besides me. If anyone wants to run a quick test OD to see if this is working or not, feel free. You'd have to have at least you and one other person in the league. Be sure to move Louisville to the ACC and Maryland to the Big 10, as well as change up some protected rivalries to be in line with what I created. Let me know what you find out.

BALLisL1FE 21
    Ghost
    Riptides
    Will Atkinson
    tar heel
    HuskerPower
    kcstlmang
    publik drunk
    LeGeNd RiPs
    dmw7782
    wahoogamer

14. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

well crap. not again.

15. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

me and publik have been through 2 seasons in one dynasty and 3 in another, haven't seen that bug yet. GT: stlmang btw

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Cool. I'm going to send the invite out again to those who haven't got in, as well as to those who just got me their GT's. We should be good to go as soon as everyone joins and does their offseason stuff (and I get rid of any FCS schools on the schedule, etc.). We'll go ahead and see how the XP issue works for us. I'm fine with it working just for me. Haha. In all seriousness, if it's not working, we'll wait until it does work and start over. For those with user games (if the XP thing isn't working), apologies in advance.

17. Ghost

For my first game, any chance I can get a user game or a big game vs a cpu team

• Like Like x 1
  18. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Same for me if possible, bud.

19. Ghost

only person we are waiting on left to join is dmw7782

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

We'll be starting this Friday evening at the latest. There is one user game (conference game) with Riptides and BALLisL1FE 21. Feel free to start scheduling that.

21. dmw7782

dmw7782 Walk On

Aight guys for whatever reason I wasn't getting the tags. I read it now. How does team selection work?

22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

My hope is that you mean how do you pick your team in the game and not which team you're using in this league, since you already picked Virginia Tech. I sent you an invite to the dynasty in the game, so just accept that, create your coach, and sign up as Virginia Tech. I am going to fire this thing up tonight, so please be sure to do this as soon as you can so you can do your own preseason scouting instead of letting the CPU do it.

As for the tags, not sure why you're not getting them. If you're not, you are going to need to be more diligent about checking the forum so you don't miss anything as compared to the rest of us, as otherwise you'll miss game scheduling threads, etc.

23. Ghost

You already picked your team:facepalm:. tbh, If you checked the forum like atleast twice a day, you would have seen all of what's going on in the league smh.

• Like Like x 1
  24. dmw7782

dmw7782 Walk On

Yea my bad man. Things are wild right now. For those who don't know I'm an army officer so things are hectic right now. I use tapatalk free app and I don't think it's very efficient. I'm trying the paid version right now. I travel a bunch too but after 5 in usually good

• Like Like x 1
  25. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

No worries. Like I said, just want to make sure you don't miss anything. Not sure if tapatalk does a good job with tags or not, as I don't use it at all. Just be sure to check a couple of times a day if you can to make sure you don't miss anything. As I mentioned before, we're getting things fired up tonight. Hopefully the XP glitch doesn't impact us, but please note that we WILL start the dynasty over if it does (unless everyone is fine with just me getting coaching XP. haha). Also, since our rosters are one of the first out, there's a decent chance there are errors in it. I think most of our big name players should be fine, so we'll ignore any problems with names, etc., especially since all these guys will be out the door soon enough.