1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Possibly stepping down.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Possibly stepping down.

I am in the final phase of construction of a new home and will be moving there in about 10-12 days. My issue is that my new home is located outside of town in a low populated area and as of right now there is no hardline DSL service available. I am researching my options on ISPs but very few if any offer a high speed connection that can support online gaming. Either way, I will get the fast access I can get but I just dont know if online gaming will be a possibility.

Does anyone have any knowledge of a satellite provider that is online gaming capable. I have heard that Hughes Net will not handle it.

I would like to hang on to my team and my board position until the last minute but chances are I may be taking a leave of absence for an unknown timeframe. I do not want the league to hold onto my team but I would ask to be put at the top of our waiting list for when I do get up and running.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

I belive Dish Network has DSL....either them or DirecTV I know has high speed internet.

Good luck on the new house.

If your move co-insides with our offseason I think we should just keep you with the Steelers until you are set up. B

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

what about cable?

4. Jeremy

Still looking into that Nate.

5. natedawg212000

I know you are working on this jeremy, but do you want us to find someone to take over the capbook?

6. Jeremy

Nate, its your call. I am still looking into my options but I do understand if you need to make a move in the best interest of the league.

7. natedawg212000

nope. its your puppy until you step down.

8. Jeremy

Looks like I am all out of luck for the immediate future. Only highspeed ISP available to me will be hughesnet or another comparable satellite provider or dial-up. Either one insufficient for online Madden gaming.

Nate, I guess we can make preperations for me to not be here for the beginning of Season 3. I will find a way to finish out this year with the Steelers.

I have changed email and password for cap book editing, so let me know if you want me to post it here or elsewhere. I can still keep book until Tuesday of next week. After that its up in the air.

All I ask is to be kept at top of waiting list, in case I find service in the near future.

9. natedawg212000

Man that super sucks. what cable say?

10. Jeremy

Only one cable provider in my area, Suddenlink and they do not offer service to where the new home will be.

11. natedawg212000

What's AT&T's problem. They should be everywhere by now!

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

Just a thought....have you considered DSL? I would be the hard phone line provider would offer it. Speedy and I loved mine I had before.

13. Jeremy

yeah Dunlap, I currently have DSL through my landline phone company,CenturyLink. Problem is they dont offer their DSL service where I am moving yet,only dial-up.