Post-Draft Changes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Thought I'd lay out a few post-draft changes I'm looking at. We don't know when the draft will take place, but I thought I'd take care of some business:
    1. When we draft, I'll be offering the draftees a chance to join us for the remainder of 2011, so we can get used to each other and check on the fit. That may (or may not) affect some of the folks playing with us now.
    2. Not being on the current roster does not necessarily mean you are not wanted. I was directed to cut deep, and discouraged from backing off on those cuts. I'd like to see all of you in the draft pool.
    3. The new league will be designed to fit the 12 who join, so those of you with issues regarding the current settings - you will have an equal voice in how we do things next year.
    4. Start thinking about teams and conference setups. I've been tossing around the idea of a two conference setup - maybe with an annual hookup in a major bowl - like the Rose Bowl. Two conferences and a tough CPU would guarantee up and down years for everyone, and winning the conference would be a big deal. Just thinking about it at the moment. We'll have to see what the game offers, and three conferences has been a nice setup in the past.
    5. I have not received any input, nor any recommendations regarding draftees. If there's a guy or two you know or want (or the opposite) I'd like to know it now. If I hear stories about guys AFTER we pick them, I'm going to be a bit disappointed about it.
    Let me know if you have any questions, or issues.

AG

2. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

I recommend drafting me #1. Outside of that I don't have an opinion.
    Way excited to see how this league goes with premier status. Content wise it's as good as I've seen already, and with the innate expectations of Premier status it will only improve.

In league or not i'll do what i can to help you guys, and if someone needs my spot so you can get them in for a couple months before 12 i'd be glad to move out.

3. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Sounds good to me Arch, and if you need my spot, just lemme know. I'm willing to be the first to go since I still have Z2H

4. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Guys like Bamagrad and UAGrad90 are super active guys who will add a ton of content. i play with them in Gridiron Gladiators where Bama is commish and he's a stud. Definitely check them out. UAGrad will play with any team, switching from Arkansas to Washington mid season to let a guy back into the league who used to be the commish and is a hog fan. Classy guys.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If you check out the new rules for the draft, you'll see that there has been a lot of thought given to putting guys in the right place, which makes me a lot more comfortable about the process. I don't know how it's going to go down, but I think it'll be a good thing for everyone.

I'm just not making any claims or promises because I truly have no idea what will happen.

And I don't think anyone here is gonna be upset about moving aside for the new guys.

Gonna be a fun few days, when it all happens.

6. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

that's only partially true Arch.
    You have the first pick, so you can guarantee one person getting back into the league. From the sounds of your other post about the first pick.. that person isn't me.
    You have more control than anyone in the process at this point.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Stop publishing my draft board!

Kidding. There's been a lot of chatter, and I know a few things that are likely to happen. I know the first pick because I'm making it, and I think I know the second, though I'm not sure (and if I was, of course, I wouldn't say).

After Sabo picks at #4, there's really only three guys picking on the PS3 side - Me, Jerzy, and Hack. It's all just a matter of what those three guys are looking for, what personalities mesh with theirs, and so on. I've been doing some mock drafts on my own, but I'm no Todd McShay or anything.

Like I said, it's gonna be fun. What we do in the entire draft will be dictated by picks 2-6. Who goes and who doesn't will pretty much decide for us.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I do, but that control is limited. And I hear things. I have some idea who is looking at who, and I know it must be tough doing the "wait and see" thing. I'm just not in a position to tell anyone much of anything ... at least not yet.