Post Draft Update

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Okay guys, hope everyones draft went well.

Couple things.

DO NOT START PLAYING YOUR GAMES YET. I will post when week 1 is open.

1. Check your roster to make sure you're not missing any players. The CPU did autocuts so if you lost anyone feel free to pick your player back up after you've decided what rookies you're signing and which you aren't.

2. Post your rookie signings/cuts in your roster management thread.

3a. Free agency starts today and we will run it for 4 days/bidding periods. I will reconcile everyones spreadsheets tonight (with rookie signings and everything posted in your roster management thread) so that you know exactly how much cap space you have. That means get this stuff done today, if you can.

3b. The way free agency works, for those of you that don't know, is sort an ebay bidding. Submit your free agency bids to me by way of private conversation by tomorrow morning at 8am EST. Then I will post who is in the lead for each player bidded on tomorrow afternoon then you can submit day two bids, etc etc.

4. Remember, you are not required to yet as no one has an expired contract but you have the option to resign any players you would like to. The cut off point for in-season resignings is tentatively going to be the same as the trade deadline which I believe is week 6?

5. Note, you are NOT required to sign all of your rookies. Feel free to release them to FA if you are not signing them.

2. Keller

Also, please take a look at my Roster Management thread as well as spreadsheet to get a flavor of things.

For Free Agency Bids, there is a second in the Roster Management/Salary Cap thread that explains it in detail.

3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I'd like to make some post draft analysis' based on my experience in my own +20 year off-line franchise.

OK, for starters the biggest bust in draft history has to be KC Williams. He'll spend more time on the IR than actually playing the game of football. With his injury rating of 54, he ranks as one of the worst in that category... ever.

The #1 overall pick is a great choice in Jamarcus Austin. He does tend to miss a game or two and doesn't do well with screens or the short throws to the sidelines, but his deep ball is crazy accurate. His speed and agility are awesome. STUD!

Here are some players that will have an impact:
    • Ben Jackson is an animal at the MLB pos. due to his high AWR level.
    • SS Savage is the cream of the crop in this draft. Personal opinion based on the fact SS are hard to come by. This guy in particular has it all. STUD!
    • My favorite RB from this draft is Boutte. Even though he has a B pot rating... his SPD, AGI, and ACC are off the charts. He's just dummer than a box of rocks.
    • DT D' Ambro Buie is hands down the best DT in this draft. At 21 he'll develope into the next great defensive tackle. STUD!
    • OLB B. Hiller is awesome. Best coverage LB ever and can tackle mofos' with the best of them. STUD!
    There are a few other player, like Tigner, S. Jones, and Storm Williams who obviously turn out to be great players, but I have never played with these guys so I can't say a whole lot about them.

4. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Man I wanted Buie BAD

5. Keller

You left out QB C. Robinson, new QB of the Buffalo Bills:thumbsup:

6. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I guarantee you KC wont be a bust. I luckily got him in an offline franchise......yes he got hurt maybe once every few games, but nothing serious, and he destroyed opposing offensive tackles.

7. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Who?

8. Keller

Lol, to hell with you then!

9. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Let's hope so. I had him in my franchise and he was always out 4-5 weeks mutiple times a year. I finally cut ties with him after his rookie contract expired. To make it worse I traded away RB K. Ambles from the Garvin draft to get him. Ambles is currently the best running back in the league and is on pace to break Emmitt Smiths rushing record.

To be fair though Ambles as a rookie was only an 80 and I had him filling in as back-up until AP retired, but then KC Williams went pro. I thought I had to have this guy. Now Ambles is a beast and AP has been retired for a while now.:(

10. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I hear ya on that one. I had SS Savage and DT Buie ranked 1 & 2 respectively.

11. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Dang, Im hoping I get the same KC williams that I recieved offline, and not the one you got!

12. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Ben Jackson is starting at ILB with Derrick Johnson.

Aspha Savage is starting at free safety next to Eric Berry.

Going to be a tough D in KC!

13. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Not as tough as my D, with Cortland Finnegan, Michael Griffin, and Revis Christ in the secondary! lol

14. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Wow, thats going to be nasty! Glad I'm in the NFC.

15. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Damn, passing against you is going to be impossible. How many pics combined will they have? Over/under on that is 16... I'm betting over.

16. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

well my nickel corner is not too good (77 overall) and i am starting a 71 overall SS. not all hope is lost, but it will be tough throwing on me. my offense is also pretty good with Britt and Blake (rookie) as my wideouts, the perfect qb for the offense i like to run, and chris johnson. DT will be a weakness but i can overcome it i think

17. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Best D line in the NFL right here.

Shaun Ellis Kris Jenkins Jason Jones KC Williams

Rotating: Trevor Price, Jason Taylor, Vernon Gholston, Sione Pouha, Steven Gotsschalk

18. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

so ur not running the 3-4?

19. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Its the jets hybrid.

20. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

oh ok
    its a good thing u gave me revis. otherwise that d would be unbeatable

21. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Yeah, but I have trust in Cro, Wilson, and Lowery, all 3 are 83, 81, and 79, and Im adding an extra LB who is in the 80's, soon to be announced, this D will be good.

Lets just say this D only has one starter below 80, and thats my FS who is a 76.

22. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Safeties: Savage 89, Berry 89 (i think - maybe low 90s)
    CBs: B Flowers 92 or 94, B Carr 81 or 83, Arenas 80 (nickleback)

Chiefs can compete with any secondary out there.