Post Position Changes Here

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, May 30, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Post Position Changes Here

I think I might be moving a DE to FB, if that's cool with you guys.

But let's keep changes real - no WR to TE, no HB to DE = no working the speed advantage. Post your changes here. ATH changes need not be posted.

2. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I switched a RG to LG.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

O-Line is completely cool. It happens all the time.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Colorado

DEFENSE

Fr CB - Sam Pierce to FS
    So CB - Jonathan Hawkins to SS
    Jr CB - Jimmy Smith to SS

Sr LOLB - Bryan Stengel to ROLB

Sr RE - Jason Brace (last year's sack leader) to DT

OFFENSE

Fr(RS) LT - Bryce Givens to C
    So LT - Sione Tau to LG

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I moved a guard from one side to the other. Put my 96 spd ATH at corner(69ovr), and moved an 89Spd CB to FS. Also I somehow ended up signing one too many guys, my roster is at 71. I would be more than happy to cut my 4 star #8 T who ended up being a 71 ovr bust. Also I got a TE with 94THP?

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I had a backup QB last year that ended up doubling as my #1 TE..

I mean literally he was big enough to play there, could block,receive, had decent speed, and could throw.

It was awesome

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Sometimes the CPU doesn't recognize if you put change a guy's position to fill a gap. Sometimes, the CPU will put a walk-on on the team anyway. Let me know if this is what happened.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Typically, any change that highlights speed gets scrutinized pretty heavily. Corner to safety happens, but three at once could be seen as moving speed around the field in an un-sim way just to gain an advantage. Defense is not as big a deal as offense, but it still gets looked at, especially if a guy doesn't recruit any safeties, but recruits extra corners.

We only have a few more games to play, so I don't really mind, but if year two were happening a few months ago, the guys might not like it. Just an FYI. It's fine with me.

AG

9. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

One thing I think we'll need to address is FB and TE weight/speed restrictions. Those are two positions that are very hard to recruit and will be the focus of a lot of position changes.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Hey man..I understand that..and respect it

Sam Pierce is going to be my starter at FS..because he is the best overall

My fastest SS is 85 spd or something like that..those two guys are 90..I had a lot of corners and not a lot of SSs so I moved my best tackling corners there..I am hoping that they get a lot better through the training or w/e..if not they probably wont play anyway

edit: Let me know if you'd like me to explain more..because I feel I can justify

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I don't have any problem with it. It's just that in the past, we have had guys who recruit 8 corners a year, then move them to safety, linebacker, etc., just to get the speed advantage. This isn't what you're doing at all. It's just the kind of thing that has happened in the past. That's why we look at it so closely.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Understandable..

when I recruit if I need guys at a certain spot I recruit 5 guys max..and if I sign 2 I usually drop the other guys..

I keep my recruiting board at about 25 too..so no worries..

13. Pryor 2

Pryor 2 Guest

Hey guys, I completed my Position changes. I moved my Tight End to Right End hopefully thats okay with you cause it does happen in real life. Also moved my Left Tackle to Right Tackle

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

O=Line moves are fine.

Offense to defense is OK, as long as it's reasonable. In the past, we've had guys move 190 pound HB's to DE, and then they speed rush around the tackles and rack up huge sack numbers. Again, it's a speed thing. If your TE is , say 78-83 in speed, then he's close to DE speed, and I see no issue with it. Some DE's are faster, but in most cases, a fast TE would remain a TE, unless you're stacked at that position.

AG

15. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

Jay Scott ATH to WR
    Jon Gissinger TE to FB, had 0 FBs last season and didn't get a commit from a FB
    Jake Harry P to K
    Sean Weatherspoon LOLB to ROLB

Moved a couple O-Line guys around.