Archived Post Spring / Preseason updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Jan 2, 2012.

?

Will a new coach win the National Title in 2015 in BCS Chaos?

1. Yes A new user will take home the trophy

75.0%
  2. No one of the previous winners will take home their third title

25.0%
  1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Penn St Post spring update.
    Coach smace767 welcomes back 18 starters to an 11-3 team.
    He looks to run these schemes
    http://www.playbooks2012.com/myPlaybooks.php

After the spring game Coach smace looks to use All American QB RJ Dobzinski and his collection of weapons. The Lions also look to establish the run behind jr Chris Newsome and soph Erik Brown.

The defense was spearheaded in the spring game by Jr All Americans SS Andy Henry and the DT Eric Hardin. After the spring game this is the early look at the 2015 Penn St Nittany Lions.

Coach smace will have to adjust to the new recruiting rules. Early on it looks like there will be a lot of talent to choose from. Qbs seemed to be a strong position and CB and OLB are a need for the lions. And they must replace All American kicker Sam Ficken.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    Offense
    Coming off a B1G Ten Title and a Rose Bowl win, the Michigan offense got a big boost when quaterback J. Murphy decided to return for his senior season. After losing his backfield to the NFL the road to the Rose Bowl may be a little tougher this season but Murphy isn't shaken. The Michigan offense will move into a more run balanced offense this year as they look forward to wearing defenses down with clock managment. T. Rawls returns this season after a 493 yard effort as the Wolverines' third option out of the backfield. Rawls will be the feature back this season but heavily recruited HB Tyrone Wheatley will also look for some light between the tackles as well.
    Defense
    With Coach Red having a season of recruiting under his belt it seems Michigan will move to his 4-2-5 defense this season. With young guys throughout the secondary Michigan will lean on Countess and Greg Brown for leadership.
    "We'll be fine. We'll come out punching people in the mouth. Coach Red tells all the time that he needs 11 madmen on defense. Madmen is what we'll be..." Defensive captain Blake Countess said during the spring.
    Predictions
    Conference: Michigan Wolverines. I have mind control over PSU and I don't think OSU will knock them off this season. Nebraska is under new management and may not have the players to run their scheme yet. With us having so many guys returning, you have to run with the champ until somebody beats them, right?
    National: Again, I will say Michigan. I'm not going into the season thinking I'm going to lose, that would be giving up. If its not my Michigan Wolverines raising the crystal I have to go with Oregon. They have a lot of speed that I know Coach Gridiron Guru will use to its fullest possibilities.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

[​IMG]

Overview
    The Crimson Tide start the season at #8. The Tide Also Return 20 Starters from a team that went 10-3 a year ago. The Tide Climbed to #1 last season and stayed there for a few weeks before a 2-4 Ole Miss team sent the Tide into BCS Chaos. The Tide did however go 3-0 OOC( 3 User games). This is much optimism for this team, if they learn to finish games they should make it to the SEC Championship Game. The Road won't be as easy as it was last Year. The Tide start the Season off in Autzen playing the #2 Ducks, get the #9 Nitty Lions at home, and end the Year With maybe playing the Auburn Tigers twice.

Offense
    Last Year Coach Johnson brought a high flying aggressive passing spread to the Tide from Miami. However because the coaching did't have much faith in the QB play the offense was majorly scaled back to be very conservative, cutting out 2/3 of the plays. That Hurt the Tide as they staggered along to a 8-3 record. After the Miss State game loss(SIM). The Tide Decided to just let Phillip Ely cook. And He didn't disappoint. Throwing for 3179 YDS 27TDs 11INT. This season Ely will get the run the offense the way it was meant to be run. Coach Johnson will run the offense more like Season 1 and 2 at Miami. Spreading the ball around to multiple targets, instead of having a main go to WR. Ely gets much needed help From JD Newton, who despite missing 5 games last season ran for 914 Yards 12 TDs. He brings much balanced to the offense with his good receiving skills having 300 yards receiving before his injury.

Defense
    The Tide Return 10 starters from a year ago. The Human Fly trap Eric Sims returns to help anchor down the talented secondary. AA Anthony Thompson, returns who was a pleasant suprise last season as he was a finalist for all defensive awards but the Thorpe. Seward Also returns as Captain of the Defense. The Lone changes to the defense are at the MLB spot. Despite SR Mitchell returning, the Tide are going to let the 3 :5stars: MLB's from a year ago play. THe MLB's are the top 3 MLBS from the Class.

Prediction
    If the Tide can Navigate the first 2 weeks successfully, then they will be in good shape to make a run. The Tide cannot afford to lose. However After looking around the league, Florida State has the path of least resistance, and 2 Time NC Nick Knoles will not go 1-3 OOC again. I expect them to be in the NC.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  4. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

[​IMG]

OFFENSE
    Notre Dame is fully reloaded with talent this year and is looking for a repeat. It looks like (RS)SO QB Jakari Owen has won the starting QB job as he has an incredible arm with great strength and accuracy. Back up QB Jake Bell will be breathing down Jakari's neck for some playing time as he too is a skilled QB with a good arm, he has more mobility but is a little less accurate of a thrower. We have a full stablesof great RB's and WR's as recruiting has been good to us in the past. Chris McIntosh has the starting job so look for big things from him this year, hes a small speedy back so he fits into the offense nicely. We have 3 returning All-American type WR's that should be able to make big plays for us. We have a skilled and young offensive line, with 2 sophomores and a freshman starting along with 2 stud seniors. Overall the offense should be on of the best in the country.
    Defense
    Our front 7 should be a strong point on this defense as there all really good players with lots of experience. The whole starting defense is pretty much returning so we expect another great year from these guys. We have a great secondary that were hoping cause a lot of turnovers and with a couple of great kickers on special teams we solid all around.
    Are goal is a repeat!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

[​IMG]
    thats a big ass Trojan ^^^
    TROJANS RELEASE POST SPRING TWO DEEP DEPTH CHART
    TRUE TO HIS REPUTATION THE TROJANS NEW COACH'S STARTERS CONTAIN A FEW EYE OPENERS
    After releasing the first two deep depth chart of his Trojan coaching career Mike Dredd acknowledged some unexpected developments. "I think the two biggest decisions fans will be worried about are at QB and HB." Returning Redshirt Senior Max Wittek did not win the starting QB position in part because his skill set is not considered a good fit for the offense run by Coach Mike. "The guy who I feel gives us the chance to become a top flight program again is Adrian Thomas, and at HB Amir Carlisle is gonna get the first chance at toting the rock, but I list our tailbacks as number 1 and 1A."
    USC Trojans Starters
    QB Adrian Thomas SO (RS)
    HB Amir Carlisle SR (RS)
    FB Jay Coe FR
    TE Taylor Callahan SO
    LT Josh Williams SO
    LG Shannon Washington FR
    C Rodney Scott FR
    RG Cyrus Hobbi SR (RS)
    RT Kevin McIntire JR
    LE Clint McPherson JR
    RE Greg Townsend SR (RS)
    DT Pat Riler SR
    DT Dylan Long JR (RS)
    LOLB Shelton Madison JR (RS)
    MLB Tim Fogle SR
    ROLB Tre Madden SR (RS)
    CB John McGill JR (RS)
    CB Ryan Miller SO (RS)
    FS Kris Williams JR
    SS Julian JR (RS)
    K Cole Ford JR
    P Josh Baker SO (RS)

Trojans look to have a young team this season but are hoping to develop these young men into champions. In another story Coach Dredd is awaiting a decision on FR Antonio Robinson who was recruited and listed as a FB during recruiting, but showed up in camp with a 90 speed rating. The USC coaching staff decided to list him as a HB to avoid any NCAA Jerzey Reign violations. However a closer examination of his ratings shows an Agility rating of 62 and Run Block and Pass Block in the low 70s. USC requests permission after his redshirt year to change him back to a FB. A negative decision will probably end the D1 College Football career of Mr. Robinson.
    Prediction: 9-4 Holiday Bowl Berth​

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

RG3 all over again....i see what your doing

7. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

yeah kinda cuz have you seen my O-Line sheesh you would think the CPU woulda recruited some quality lineman, the two centers I had were 53 and 45 OVR, I was like DAMN! gotta make the best of what I got cuz yall gon bury me! And I have regretted not letting RG3 run wild his senior year, I let my HB get those 1400 yards and the fucker left after his rs soph season, and RG3 rushed for 1350 and I was holding him back like the last 5 games he coulda got 3000, after some of the numbers put up since I wont do that again with a senior QB...

8. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

• Like Like x 3
  9. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

ScreenHunter_04 Jan. 03 13.14.gif
    OFFENSE
    This is a very experienced and skilled offensive attack that will be led by senior mike blakely who decided he wanted a national chamionship before going pro. the tigers return all skilled position players except for WR trevon reed who will be hard to replace but together as a whole the recevier group is better this year. coaches and fans are really expecting a alot out of this group and dont think they will disappoint.
    DEFENSE
    This bunch of guys is mixed with experience and youth but all of them with alot of skill. it will start this year with the two beast at tackle position. two seniors rated 96 and 97! two of our linebackers get their first start of their college career and the secondary is probably our strongest part of this beastly defense.
    EXPECTATIONS
    considering we made it to the national title game and have a better team than last year, we expect to be back in the title game with a diffrent outcome than last year. if i had to pick another team that we would see in that game i would have to say a rematch with the irish or penn state.

• Like Like x 1
  10. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

[​IMG]
    Offense:
    With last years graduating class the Buckeyes lost a ton of experience. With new starters at QB. in JR Jeremy Dowdell and freshman behind him. Look for the Buckeyes to rely heavily on the run this year. However the Buckeyes are even younger at the TB position. Expect true Frehman Aaron Mcfadden, and true Soph James Cunningham to split time there. With Freshman backing both of them up. Luckily the Buckeyes do return some experience at the WR, and TE positions.Junior Youdlian Wilson needs to have a big year.The strong part of this team needs to be the Oline, they are all returning starters and need to play like it for the Bucks to get back to a BCS bowl.
    Defense:
    The Buckeyes this year will need some young players to step up, if they are going to have a good year. They have great depth at Safety with RJR. Joe Ashley looking to have another All Big 10 year. The biggest weakness will be the CB position with no one higher than a sophmore at the position. The D-Line is also very young and inexperienced. Line Backer wil be the strenght of this team with all three starters from last year returning. SR Curtis Grant needs to have a big year.
    Outlook:
    With all the inexperience the Buckeyes have this year, dont expect a run at the BCS title this year. However the expectaions are still high for this team and want to get to the first BIG 10 Championship game. And if they make it that far after all the CHAOS last year. Who knows what to expect.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

mikedredd - The dude you have was a FB to begin with so whats the issue?

And I love Chaos -- everybody thinks they're going to win(y)

12. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Offense:
    "Offense!?!? Did you just say offense? What offense," said coach Thames at the Big East Media Day. Coach Thames has challenged his offense all season and now it seems he is now taking his challenge public. "The offense has been horrible this spring and summer. Our offense usually plays well at this point in this season. I don't know if the defense is that much improved or if the offense is just that bad." Coach Thames admitted that the offenses troubles could be attributed to breaking in a new QB this season. "Well we have two capable guys. RS SR Conner Preston has good accuracy put lacks arm strength. His backup, Freshman Santonio Gray can throw the ball 70 yards on a rope but makes freshman mistakes. If you combined them you would have Drew Brees or Peyton Manning. Hopefully one will step up, if, and only if, the online can protect them." The Offense line has had troubles this summer blocking the SMU defensive line and linebackers. The only bright spot for the Mustangs on offense is All American RB Kyle Thomas.

Defense:
    The Mustang Defense has had a nice Spring and Summer. Although the defense isn't top 5 or top 25, they aren't anything to sneeze at. They have improved as a complete unit. "Finally, we have some speed, speed, speed; now we just need to tackle," said coach Thames when referring to the Defense. The secondary has improved the most--with sold players at every position. ROLB Davon Moreland, a Dorsey Highschool prospect from Los Angeles, is the teams ancor and could be a first round pick in April.
    Team Outlook:
    The outlook for the Mustangs is bleak this season. We are shooting to win the Big East. However, we have 3 tough teams in conference and 3 hard OOC games. #1 ND, #6 Florida State, #13 Boise State, #14 Louisville, #17 UCF and USC should all give the Mustangs problems. Hopefully we can go 9-3 but 8-4 and should be reasonable. We are scheduled to finish #4 in the Big East.

13. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

yeah but didnt want the wrath of suspicion, jus trying to abide especially when he's a senior in the wishbone and unstoppable j/k....and the funny thing about this OD is when someone loses, and oh yeah, you made a comment bout us being a soft OD and yeah we complain when we lose yes, but only one MF up in here busted a nut when he won by 4TDs...

14. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Keep your statements within context and the situation... I popped off because of the speed of the players most notably my halfback. I just wanted the speed and didn't know it was the way the game had been made this year compared to the past. So stop trolling and making those faggotry statements...

My report will come probably Thursday before my first game..

15. smace767

smace767 Walk On

With all the aggressive tones of the conversations in this piece i dont know where they get the "softest OD" from. And i went 5 games deep in the preseason tourny to the final four and there was a bucnh of crying when guys lost about game play and basic football concepts. So i know we aint the only ones, or the "softest" of the bunch.

16. KnightNoles

bigtubb_

I see that you keep giving your offense the run around.. I looked at your a few nights ago and your skilled guys popped out at me! You have a very skilled WR core with SPEED, then you have Mr. Thomas, duh.. Just getting those guys the ball and keeping Thomas happy. I didn't really look at the OL but quit on the whole my offense is non-existent game. :)

17. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I said horrible not non-existent. The couldn't move the ball at all at practice. My defense stopped over 90% of my calls. Look at my game versus boise...I swear i was two seconds from quitting. I was down 38-14 at the half. I started balling in the second half. ECU doesn't count, they suck.

18. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Overview
    Florida State Seminoles begin the year in the 6 slot, as they return 16 starters from a 11-3 team a year ago. The Noles' were as high as #3 last year in the rankings after they had lost two early games and they rattled off 9 straight wins to sit in a position to back into the National Championship game until they met SMU which ended their regular season at 9-3 and going 0-3 in user games. Two victories in the post season put them at 11-3 to end the 2013-2014 season with an ACC Championship and Orange Bowl Champions.
    Offense
    Josh Cohen will be in his second year as the Florida State quarterback, surrounded by a talented backfield and WRs that can get the job done. The offensive line is pretty highly thought of, coming in at: 91, 96, 94, 93, 89 along with good depth behind them. This offense will be very multiple like Coach Knight has always produced, they can run at you, throw it deep, short and quick and run the read option game. Cohen and halfback Nick Petty will be the main threats for the team but Brandon Richardson and Deon Byrd will handle the rock also. Senior Kelvin Benjamin (6'6'') should see most of the targets as Scott McNeal will be #2. Slot Jason Ryan (98 acc, 95 spd) will be underneath and be a target in the screen game. Offense will go as Cohen goes but if he goes down the Noles' have a very serviceable backup quarterback in Charles Roberts.
    Defense
    The Seminoles return 7 starters from a year ago, most notably Sophomore FS Patrick Van (126 Total Tackles). Coach Knight had the direction of changing the scheme to a 3-4 midway through last year but after the offseason the linebacking corp was not ready for that transition, (LOLB 80, 78, 76, 67. MLB 85, 84, 75, 67. ROLB 88, 75, 71, 70, 67, 67.) So he started looking elsewhere and at a talented secondary, settling for a 3-3-5 defense which FS Tyler Hunter (93) would move to corner along with SS Jamaal McDowell (93). Knight couldn't attend a position change meeting and they didn't get their position changed but they will be inserted in the #1/#2 corner slots, as Patrick Van (90) and SS Larry Capps (92) will man the safety position. This gives the Noles' a scary secondary with Hunter (99man, 97zone, 90prs), McDowell (95man, 94zone, 93 prs) then Van 6'4'' being able to cover lots of ground 95 acc, 99 spd with 98 hit power and Capps 6'5'' 94 acc 89 spd along with being able to come up and press, play man.
    The front six will include All American (99ovr) DT Timmy Jernigan at 6'3'' 315 he can clog the middle and make big plays when he wants to. Giorgio Newberry and Jon Myrick will be at defensive end and they can get off the ball quickly (92, 98 acc). Sophomore Kyle Thompson will begin the year starting at LOLB (80) but Jerry Dunn (MLB) could move the switch over if he doesn't perform to an expectation as Dunn would have started if the Noles' were in a 3-4. Luke Moss (85) will be the man at Mike and Dunn (84) will back him up, ROLB will be manned by Terrance Smith (88). This 3-3-5 defense will be a new experience for Coach Knight and he normally wouldn't run this "gimmicky" scheme but with the talent at the back end he couldn't put a lot of pressure on his LB corp and run the 3-4.
    Prediction
    A lot has been noted about Coach Knight saying that this year would be different and how the Seminoles would once again rise and be atop of Chaos. USC is our first user game and we are not overlooking them but we have a lot of SMU and Auburn game film on our minds, I don't think this team will be 0-3 in user games like last year but that is why we play the game. I see us at worst a 10-2 team in the ACC Championship game and possibly getting our way back into the Title game, the ACC is always our first goal and the given. We will see how well this team has matured and see if we are ready to take step one in winning a user game this year and then taking that next step into the elite.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012